13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

welcome to tech support.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Hell desk statistics:

95% of service requests are unnecessary. Use the fucking google and see what kind of magic happens on your screen.

*Most of the time when I get service request I just hit it on google and get the answer there in less than a minute. Best fucking skill anyone can learn is to use Google search and Wikipedia properly. 2013 bitches, and lazy fat arses can't even search information. Education totally failed.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

I couldn't agree more. I love getting calls from people saying all e-mails older than 2 weeks have disappeared from their Outlook. All they have to do is click the little triangle next to "Older than two weeks ago" to expand the contents of that group of messages. I then have to think of some way to explain to them what was wrong without making them feel stupid.

I have a degree in Googling and bullshitting. Hire me!

Last edited by bugz (2013-02-01 15:11:44)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

bugz wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I love getting calls from people saying all e-mails older than 2 weeks have disappeared from their Outlook. All they have to do is click the little triangle next to "Older than two weeks ago" to expand the contents of that group of messages. I then have to think of some way to explain to them what was wrong without making them feel stupid.

I have a degree in Googling and bullshitting. Hire me!
You're too touchy-feely. Just rip the band-aid off.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.
How about:

"No sir, I can't get an engineer any earlier than the 6th of February"

to which they customer will reply

"Can't you get anyone out earlier?!"
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

well to be fair they usually can
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Truck rolls cost money!
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Want to see what product design failure means? Just slap 'UNLIMITED POWER' text to the card and call it limited edition whatever 1500€ thanks bye.

https://tpucdn.com/reviews/ASUS/ARES_II/images/power_maximum.gif

https://i.imgur.com/WvuDsxe.jpg

E: And best part. You'd expect healthy performance difference for that extra 300W right?

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/ASUS/ARES_II/ … l_2560.gif

Wrong.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2013-02-02 14:41:47)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

a card that needs a dedicated PSU? it had better do my taxes, wash my car, fetch me beer, and . . . nevermind. i'm already married.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
I never realized how much of a difference graphics cards made to loading.  Upgrading from a GTX 260 to a GTX 560 Ti has eliminated or at least shortened most of the weird loading pauses near the end for a lot of games like CoD: WaW and even CoH.

I fuckin love finding new things about technology like that
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Want to see what product design failure means? Just slap 'UNLIMITED POWER' text to the card and call it limited edition whatever 1500€ thanks bye.

E: And best part. You'd expect healthy performance difference for that extra 300W right?

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/ASUS/ARES_II/ … l_2560.gif

Wrong.
What the fuck, Asus.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
I installed DD-WRT today on my brother's WRT54G v2

Went pretty smoothly, hopefully everything stays consistent long-term.  I love how many options and features it has even if most of it is shit he'll never use.
ive had it with itunes!!.. Super slow startup for the last few years and now it's to the point it shoots me an error message without startup.. perhaps i had too many podcasts..

what is the best replacement for desktop music player?  working with winamp in the meantime. The best part of itunes for me was the rating system to help sort music.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Windows media player! Haha

Itunes has been freezing on me lately. I can't get a galaxy s3 soon enough. Itunes is a part of why I don't want an iphone anymore.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

On another note, my nexus 7 tablet randomly drops the wifi connection. I know its not the router because my laptop will still be connected. Howevee, the only solution I've found is to unplug/plug in the router. I can't find anything to adjust on the tablet itself.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
itunes has worked flawlessly for me for a decade. i got itunes 11 recently... not sure about the aesthetic changes. still no performance issues though. and not like it was a big deal to re-enable 'column browser' and have the old itunes visual layout back. i really don't understand why people queef about broken media player installations, or corruptions, or general system-specific bugs. they talk about them like they're endemic problems inherent in a media player. yo bro, if your itunes installation sucks: REINSTALL IT.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

On another note, my nexus 7 tablet randomly drops the wifi connection. I know its not the router because my laptop will still be connected. Howevee, the only solution I've found is to unplug/plug in the router. I can't find anything to adjust on the tablet itself.
it's probably the version of android - jelly bean on my Xoom will do that.

turn off 'keep wifi connected in sleep mode' and make it hunt for a signal (turn on/off airplane mode).
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

itunes has worked flawlessly for me for a decade. i got itunes 11 recently... not sure about the aesthetic changes. still no performance issues though. and not like it was a big deal to re-enable 'column browser' and have the old itunes visual layout back. i really don't understand why people queef about broken media player installations, or corruptions, or general system-specific bugs. they talk about them like they're endemic problems inherent in a media player. yo bro, if your itunes installation sucks: REINSTALL IT.
I have one media player that just works (and even is compatible with my tablet) and one media player that I have to use because of my phone choice...its such a great media player that I have to reinstall it...again. I think this will be round 3 for me. I'm happy you enjoy your choice of media player though.

@burnzz: just changed that. We'll see if its fixed.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

The only two gripes I had with it were the lack of sidebar and the live search, both of which are revertible, so I'm happy.
of course i reinstalled quicktime and itunes to no avail     *le sigh 
ken jennings is that win media player 7 suggestion a joke?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

No, I like win media player and have used it for years. Give it a try.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6714|US

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

what is the best replacement for desktop music player?

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

winamp.
What I've been using for years.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
Songbird is a decent itunes clone
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

foobar2k
Winston_Churchill