m4sopmod
+1|6724
Hi

Am new here. Just wondering do you get repair points IF you are a commander? Meaning you are an engi and you take ur wrench to repair the assets.

Sick of spec ops ppl nuking my assets and i rather drop the supply drops in the battlefield.

Cheers
m4sopmod (OZ based)

Last edited by m4sopmod (2005-10-31 09:27:29)

BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6731
Why wouldn't you?

Also, instead of "wasting" a supply crate to repair a UAV, you could be using it to resupply your troops who are out in the field busting their butts...

Last edited by BB|EyeSeePeeDude (2005-10-31 09:28:53)

m4sopmod
+1|6724
So do u get repair points in the stats (bf2s.com) for repairing except that it won't show up in the commander score screen (ingame) ?
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6727|Cardiff, Wales

m4sopmod wrote:

So do u get repair points in the stats (bf2s.com) for repairing except that it won't show up in the commander score screen (ingame) ?
Exactly, no in game points, but they are added to your stats
m4sopmod
+1|6724
Thks -=256=-Evo_Wales, clarified by doubts

When you r reparing the assets/vehicles, will the phrase 'you have a repair point!' be showing up or like you have just said, it'll just show up in the stats?

Am working towards by Meritorious Service Medal btw
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6727|Cardiff, Wales
Never shows in on your HUD mate, just in your stats. So it should count towards your medals too, well as it appears in your stats i see no reason why it can't
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763
It definitely does count towards medals - I got my basic repair while playing as commander.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

U get points just as the others in every aspect of the game as commander except for kills with artillery. No ingame text will tell when u get your points but u do.

Anyhow a good commander commands, he does not run around doing anything else if he truly cares for his men. And for the record - the commander is allowed to camp in tank/apc/jeeps if noone else is using them.

My favorite is mounted machinegun - how else will u get time in ground def ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
m4sopmod
+1|6724
Sumtimes while i am in a mounted MG as cmdr, a UAV just exploded beside me. So yeah, was wondering if the repair points work. Thks for the info
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6757|Netherlands
WTF i was 3 rounds commander today and i repaired my assets at least 4 times each and no one repair point added to my stats!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
It's because the commander doesnt get normal points, he gets a % of the whole teams points.
twiistaaa
+87|6639|mexico

BB|EyeSeePeeDude wrote:

Why wouldn't you?

Also, instead of "wasting" a supply crate to repair a UAV, you could be using it to resupply your troops who are out in the field busting their butts...
why is everyone so negative here...

a supply crate is quicker to repair a UAV than trying to organise an engi to get there and fix it. which in turns mean you can get a UAV scan to help see where your enemies are while your busting your butt..
Entertayner
+826|6541

Yeah, you don't get points from kills it just shows up that you have a kill... Imagine the insane scores commanders that went around being a twat and playing normally would get...

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-07-12 23:24:37)

srog72
+12|6727|Michigan
IMO the CDR should be ENG so he doesnt have to depend on anyone to repair his crap.  Also, since he doesnt get in-game points for repairs, his repairs should be instant or at least infinte turns on wrench.  The CDR points are 2X the Team avg.

https://bf2sigs.com/44669446|style12.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard