Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Whats that like?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Trailer:

Bill Murray is at his wry, wisecracking best in this riotous romantic comedy about a weatherman caught in a personal time warp on the worst day of his life. Teamed with a relentlessly cheerful producer (Andie MacDowell) and a smart-aleck cameraman (Chris Elliott), TV weatherman Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is sent to Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania, to cover the annual Groundhog Day festivities. But on his way out of town, Phil is caught in a giant blizzard, which he failed to predict, and finds himself stuck in small-town hell. Just when things couldn't get worse, they get worse; Phil wakes the next morning to find it's Groundhog Day all over again... and again... and again.
So, you die. You wake up. You die, you wake up. Every samey morning you wake up, you have different samey experiences that somehow stack to build your competence levels up to astounding heights.

But seriously, this game is a sort of Bejeweled clone with some RPG interest thrown in. You attack by matching sword blocks, magic by matching wand blocks, fix your armor by collecting shield blocks, get items by matching backpack blocks and get stone and wood by matching stone and wood blocks respectively. Chests you open with key block matches net you gold, and there are certain goals you can aspire to at each character level's dungeon to get you more gold. Monsters you kill grant experience. Gold is used to buy better equipment (stronger attacks, armor, more health, etc) and experience is used to buy skills that help in different areas. Block matches you make influence action on a 2d, flat-terrain scroller. Take too long, and time runs out and you lose and start in bed again. Die, and you die and start in bed again.

For such a simple concept, the game's well-done and kind of addicting. It's nice to see good indie puzzle titles pop up that aren't the offspring of the Popcap monster for once. Would recommend as a good time killer, but not sure if it has the lasting power to bother getting all character upgrades.

8/10

In short, Bejeweled with a leveling system that MEANS something.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/FQOID.png

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

So I beat Dark Souls without warning. Kill a guy, walk through a doorway and it's done. Credits roll and it sends you back to the start again. Very retro, but very annoying. I've still got everything in my inventory as well as my character levels, but the entire world's been reset. Most annoyingly, all the things I've given blacksmiths to improve their crafting are presumably gone. Still, it's set me up to possibly 100% it next playthrough, if I cba to print out a guide (believe me, you need it with so many missable things if you don't do everything in perfect order).

If you want to avoid the reset-without-warning:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Don't enter the fog at the base of the pathway leading away from the lordvessel's door.

For all I've been cautioned about it, Dark Souls really isn't a very difficult game. Sure, by CoD bullet-sponge standards it's merciless, but it feels more in line with what I grew up with. What makes it aggravating are bugs, glitches lack of explanation about gear stats without going to wiki...and cheating PC players.
Chou
+737|6761
Hey man I love ALL my stats at 999999 while at level 10-20 spamming invasions at undead burg, imma be all herp derp while busting nuts on the demise of newbzzzz, hihihihihihihi. yo man he backstabbed me 3 times in a row and I was like yaaaawn dawg and never died, LOL!!!

The MP is flawed as fuck, yo bro stand on this corner while I spam my stone 54873 times in a row to co-op.. did you see it? no? okay here's goes 54874.
whaaaat you're level 25? but i'm 60.. damnnnn!

-_-
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The game doesn't seem to have so much as a checksum. You don't even need to stat hack; you can actively freeze your health and stamina without Dark Souls giving so much as a single fuck (and if I can do it with a hex editor, any kiddie with a trainer can). The barest minimum effort was put into converting this thing to PC, which is further proved by a third party mod lifting its finger and suddenly making all the graphics better and the company logos skippable.

Also, wtf at coop. It shouldn't be hard to join friends, but it just is. The unwritten maxlevel seems to be about 50, which is where most people stop in order to stay relevant in PVP.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Today I got a free Steam copy of Europa Universalis III Chronicles (which includes all four expansion packs) for being one of 500,000 Paradox forum members.
Nice!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I entered the serials for all my EA games on Steam into Origin just for the hell of it.  Kind of convenient actually because Origin supports Cloud saves on older games that Steam never implemented it on, such as Mass Effect 2

And OMG, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is on Steam now
Brasso
+1,549|6600

does anyone wanna buy this indie game with me?

http://www.dontstarvegame.com

its $12 but you get 2 copies. in beta right now.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i would, but i play minecraft :\
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

13urnzz wrote:

i would, but i play minecraft :\
om you broke live

you monster
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Brasso wrote:

looks like it needs to be mid-october for that game
Brasso
+1,549|6600

pirana6 wrote:

Brasso wrote:

because halloween scary yadda yadda? cmon let's get it. play the demo. it's fun.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Kinda fun for awhile. I couldn't get into it.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
minesweeper has achievements
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ

Brasso wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Brasso wrote:

because halloween scary yadda yadda? cmon let's get it. play the demo. it's fun.
looks gay
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Adams_BJ wrote:

Brasso wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

looks gay
u look gay
Adams_BJ
Chou
+737|6761
Dead Space 3 anyone?
It has co-op..
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

blargh
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
if you like wot, or wop you really should be playing war thunder. it's another actual beta, but it's fucking good.

russian made, so weirdly russian planes are in a very happy place atm, but it has potential to be a good f2p.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

FatherTed wrote:

if you like wot, or wop you really should be playing war thunder. it's another actual beta, but it's fucking good.

russian made, so weirdly russian planes are in a very happy place atm, but it has potential to be a good f2p.
WTF?
186 planes?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
and more to come

then integration of boots and tanks in the same game etc
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
globefish23
sophisticated slacker