Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5329|Sydney
Just on the note of military pressing, I've switched to using dumbbells and doing them seated as my shoulders naturally can't extend back far enough and my lower lumbar over arches. Just setting myself up for injury in 6-12 months time if I continue.

I'm working on getting my shoulders to sit back but it will likely take most of this year.
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney
Also, I see many people benching incorrectly. Some people bring it 2/3 of the way down with still 6" to go before their chest, others purposefully lift their heads off the bench and others bring their knees up to rest their feet on the bench. Maybe there is a purpose to some of this but it has yet to be explained to me.

IMO you should be bringing the bar down till your upper arms are just below parallel to the floor, which, at least for me, is the 1-2" above your chest as Shocking described.
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney
Before and after pic. Smoking.

https://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537919_518252644863277_969658018_n.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6773|Little Bentcock
I wanna know what she looked like before child birth too
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney
Maybe similar to the after pic?

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-01-12 21:52:47)

Adams_BJ
Maybe. Either way she's done a great job.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6462

Went to the gym for the first time yesterday since before Christmas. Definitely regretting taking so much time off now. Stiff as hell.
Adams_BJ
I did some pretty heavy training with the team on sunday, still sore. Gotta hit the gym tonight though
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6462

paintball team?
Adams_BJ
Yeah. Still trying to stretch my legs out. Hams are very tight.
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Maybe. Either way she's done a great job.
https://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/J_leddo/FsRJf.gif
Adams_BJ
I love that .gif
Adams_BJ
Cable are still bad for my chest. Feel like id be better off doing a dumbell press or something. Rear delt flies with cables are amazing though, I have to go so much lighter but I am seeing so many more gains.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6462

pics
Adams_BJ
Of me falling over every time I try to do a chest workout on cables?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6462

I s'poose you could do that, but pics of making gains with the rear delt flies would look more impressive
Adams_BJ
I sort of regret not doing a before pic. But I'm a few months in now but I spose I could still do some.
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney
Go lighter till you get the form correct. What I do is push the cables straight down first, one at a time, and then lunge forward with forearms forward to get into position. Works a lot better that way for me. I noticed a couple other guys do it one time to learn this because I found it difficult to get into the starting position.
Adams_BJ
It did go lighter, and I wasn't getting a work out. Everytime I push forward if pulls me backwards. I can't imagine what it'd be like once I get up to a decent weight.
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney
https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.fitocracy.com/site_media/user_images/stream/711228/h8hAxW_large.jpg
Adams_BJ
It's true.
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

It did go lighter, and I wasn't getting a work out. Everytime I push forward if pulls me backwards. I can't imagine what it'd be like once I get up to a decent weight.
You need to brace yourself by using a lunge-type stance that has one foot well back to prevent this.

If you're just standing normally it will never work.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4993|Amsterdam
So I once again signed up at a gym (all-inn fitness Utrecht). Only 9.95 a month as a student. This does mean that I have some limitations with the opening hours, so no more after-dinner-lifting.
This gym though, holy fuck. Never seen anything like it. It has everything except oly lifting, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've got some tucked away area for that too. It certainly isn't a gym for beginners. Now I am by no means a big guy, but I'm not really skinny any more, but in there I felt like an auschwitz survivor. Some of those big guys do life some light weight though, haven't got a clue what's up with that.

Good stuff so far
Jaekus
+957|5329|Sydney
Sounds good. I'm soon to be in a similar dilemma to the one you just solved. I've got five months left on my membership but moving interstate in 7 weeks. They have gyms in Sydney but not as many and I will have to travel by bus each way, and to relocate to make the CBD gym my main gym means my fees will go up. I'm sure it will work out well enough.

Light weights can build muscle. You don't need to lift huge weight to grow big. Just check out what Arnie is squatting in Pumping Iron. It's certainly not 5 plates, not even close.
Adams_BJ
I'm struggling to be able to eat enough food

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard