+2,053|6742|PNW

I heard Russell Crowe was...eh.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Ultrafunkula wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

ROGUEDD wrote:

I was mostly referring to the some of the radagst bits. Then he became the Bunny Master, and all rejoiced.
I think it'll help bridge the gap between Hobbit and SUDDENLY SAURON.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
I was almost laughing when Saruman started to talk in Rivendell. "What? Nooo, nuthin like that happening. No evils going on. Nope. Nooo Sir. Still peace n' happiness... *dum-de-dum* "
It was stupid. It was meant to be a shock in LotR that Saruman, Gandalfs good friend and ally was really a double agent.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Brasso
+1,549|6600

AussieReaper wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I was almost laughing when Saruman started to talk in Rivendell. "What? Nooo, nuthin like that happening. No evils going on. Nope. Nooo Sir. Still peace n' happiness... *dum-de-dum* "
It was stupid. It was meant to be a shock in LotR that Saruman, Gandalfs good friend and ally was really a double agent.
except he looked like a total asshole from the very start lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

There was no real buildup to Saruman becoming an asshole in Fellowship of the Ring.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

AussieReaper wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well for the dumb eediot who won't read the books, it will come as a shock.

Just finished watching Skyline. I knew it was caca, but I wanted to watch it because aliens. Anyhoo, 1/10. That 1 point goes for the pretty ladies and David Zayas.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
Zero Dark Thirty

7/10

Interesting movie.

Too much focus on the 'lone heroine fighting the bureaucracy' plotline,
too many one-line mentions of actions/units/people that deserve their own story,
horribly distracting portrayal of 'tier 1' military unit.

(supposed to be SEAL Team 6, the all-stars dream team of the SEALs - movie makes them look like basic trainees on their first urban assault course)

If you took the raw footage of both Act of Valor and Zero Dark Thirty, used the acting,plot, location, and effects of Zero Dark Thirty, and the action scenes from Act of Valor, you'd have one decent movie.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
The Hobbit

8/10

The storm giants were completely unnecessary and pointless,
the violence was too much for a kids movie.
the goblin king was too silly - reminded me of George Lucas' silly gungan king in the prequels.

My little girl's first question after the end of the movie, "Why didn't they call the giant eagles at the beginning of the movie?"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

rdx-fx wrote:

My little girl's first question after the end of the movie, "Why didn't they call the giant eagles at the beginning of the movie?"
All lines were busy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
RED (2010) - 8/10
John Malkovich is hilarious. Reminds me a lot of Murdoch from the A-Team.

Also, you don't really want to think about all the secret scheming and wars that happen in the background with all the secret agencies around the world.
A bit unrealistic though, that the young CIA (field) agent has a wife and two kids, with his residence being easy to find.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Why didnt the eagles take them all the way to the misty mountain instead of half way?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

AussieReaper wrote:

Why didnt the eagles take them all the way to the misty mountain instead of half way?
Because Misty Mountain Hop is Led Zeppelin, not The Eagles!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

But at the top of the Misty Mountain is the hotel California.

Such a lovely place.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
It's been a long night and I fucking hate The Eagles, man.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Outta the fucking cab, get the fuck out!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Stay the fuck out of Malibu.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
10/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

Because they just got out of the Misty Mountains? If the eagles took them west it would make the movies all that much longer.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US

rdx-fx wrote:

Zero Dark Thirty

7/10

Interesting movie.

Too much focus on the 'lone heroine fighting the bureaucracy' plotline,
too many one-line mentions of actions/units/people that deserve their own story,
horribly distracting portrayal of 'tier 1' military unit.

(supposed to be SEAL Team 6, the all-stars dream team of the SEALs - movie makes them look like basic trainees on their first urban assault course)

If you took the raw footage of both Act of Valor and Zero Dark Thirty, used the acting,plot, location, and effects of Zero Dark Thirty, and the action scenes from Act of Valor, you'd have one decent movie.
I liked it, even though by conventional cinema standards it probably wouldn't be judged very well.  It seemed like the characters were pretty flat.  Even so, it worked as a procedural retelling.

I agree, combining the realistic action of AoV with ZDT's story would make a pretty great war movie.

I definitely cringed when there were multiple errors in how the helicopters and crews performed, and when one of the "SEALS" decided to keep his laser trained on his buddies back for close to a second!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Count Dracula reads the Lord of the Rings:

A little bit of trivia: he'd always wanted to play Gandalf. I wonder how that would have gone?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The Wolverine Jul 2013

At least the title isn't as awkward as X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 (or X-Men Origins 2: Wolverine?), but I hope if they do any more Wolverine movies that they'll at least settle on a naming convention.

That said, do we really need another Wolverine?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Wolverine Jul 2013

At least the title isn't as awkward as X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 (or X-Men Origins 2: Wolverine?), but I hope if they do any more Wolverine movies that they'll at least settle on a naming convention.

That said, do we really need another Wolverine?
could have just called it xmen origins 2

and no we dont need another xmen movie
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Look how bad the international poster is:
https://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/55129/hr_The_Wolverine_3.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Yeah that broken link thumbnail is terrible.

Mutantbear wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Wolverine Jul 2013

could have just called it xmen origins 2
I think "First Class" kind of ended the whole X-Men Origins thing, so maybe "The Wolverine" makes sense. If there was more than one "X-Men Origins" movie, calling it "XMO2: Wolverine" might be confusing if there was, say, "XMO: Magneto" made right after the previous Wolverine. But since the XMO title scheme was rubbish anyway, I'm kind of glad they got rid of it.

/uziquish insight
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Lawless.

Fucking great / 10

Go watch it if you haven't. Moonshine bootlegging movie that sets the tone perfectly.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Saw the box but wasn't sure. So many bootlegging shows out...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard