-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Here's a real quick video I made and uploaded. Absolutely nothing fancy about it, I'm just messing with Youtube settings and seeing what I can do to a video and play with monetization settings.

I really want to pick another channel name. I made the channel back when I was 12 or 13 and put out some really lame stuff and picked the name 'Bradt3hleader' (I was always SL in 2 and 2142 so I thought it was fitting). I should probably just start another channel with another name. I wonder what I should call it. I want it to be unique and pertaining to myself but I'm terrible at coming up with names.

edit: Stupid video editing program, the free one, that came with the Diamond GC1000 doesn't seem to want to publish to 1080 or even 720.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2013-01-08 22:46:25)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
I think you should go for the name BRADin480p.

Also, get yourself a copy of Premiere or Vegas. Please.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Here's a real quick video I made and uploaded. Absolutely nothing fancy about it, I'm just messing with Youtube settings and seeing what I can do to a video and play with monetization settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AffyZA6H … mp;index=1

I really want to pick another channel name. I made the channel back when I was 12 or 13 and put out some really lame stuff and picked the name 'Bradt3hleader' (I was always SL in 2 and 2142 so I thought it was fitting). I should probably just start another channel with another name. I wonder what I should call it. I want it to be unique and pertaining to myself but I'm terrible at coming up with names.

edit: Stupid video editing program, the free one, that came with the Diamond GC1000 doesn't seem to want to publish to 1080 or even 720.
you cant change your channel name on youtube, sorry bud
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Working on the latter via my pirate skills, but arrrr, I'm having some trouble mateey.

Haha BRADin480p would be funny I guess. Like I said I'm terrible with names, what does everybody else think? My content would obviously be 1080 though.

What programs do those guys with really cool intros do? It's like a photoshop for videos, I guess a video animating program I'd assume. I have no skills in that area.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
Adobe After Effects is where a lot of people do their super leet 3D spinning logos.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Take popular videos on youtube and rehost them on your channel. Easy way to build up views otherwise no one is going to sit and watch your sub par call of duty videos and you will be wasting your time editing and shit.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Not much editing goes into it. Play a few rounds of Call of Duty, Battlefield, or whatnot; watch video in preview mode while commenting; publish video them upload it to Youtube.

I am planning on "stealing" content though in that I'm going to be checking other people's videos about weapons stats and whatnot and presenting them better and with gameplay that's actually relevant.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Working on the latter via my pirate skills, but arrrr, I'm having some trouble mateey.
I just foun-- ahh... nevermind...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Not much editing goes into it. Play a few rounds of Call of Duty, Battlefield, or whatnot; watch video in preview mode while commenting; publish video them upload it to Youtube.

I am planning on "stealing" content though in that I'm going to be checking other people's videos about weapons stats and whatnot and presenting them better and with gameplay that's actually relevant.
Hahaha. Holy shit. So you're gonna try and make money from something that's already been done a million times before.

Christ why are you even bothering?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Spend hours making youtube videos to make a couple bucks OR take on extra regular work and actually earn some extra coin.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
making a couple bucks after spending money to get the capture card
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
you're better off playing online poker
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
I like premiere..

Avid is supposed to be what the big shots use. Learn that and make money with a real editing job. Boo YAH
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

dangerclose0341
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
Fwiw I made $40 off of a few DayZ videos.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I have a video on Youtube with 67k views that I uploaded to show one person

lol
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

I like premiere..

Avid is supposed to be what the big shots use. Learn that and make money with a real editing job. Boo YAH
doesn't avid require a crapload of power to run or am I thinking of another piece of software.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Shifty, I think there is licensing involved on most monetized (all of the ones that aren't taken down) video game channels. I think most of the large gaming channels that actually get more than 100 views per video are part of a larger licensing group (a firm of sorts) in order to alleviate this problem. You have to figure out which licensing group to go to on your own. I think this costs a cut of your profit.

Have you looked into this?

Last edited by Pochsy (2013-01-09 12:18:51)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Pochsy wrote:

Shifty, I think there is licensing involved on most monetized (all of the ones that aren't taken down) video game channels. I think most of the large gaming channels that actually get more than 100 views per video are part of a larger licensing group (a firm of sorts) in order to alleviate this problem. You have to figure out which licensing group to go to on your own. I think this costs a cut of your profit.

I've heard machinima is pretty bad with their licensing.
Mutantbear

Trotskygrad wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

I've heard machinima is pretty bad with their licensing.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Here's what's happened. I got an email from Youtube where they stated I was getting enough views on my videos to start earning some money. I accepted their offer and went through all the monetization settings and whatnot. I even submitted an application to AdSense which goes over your content and approved my channel.

I think I am going to make another channel instead with a better name, which I'm still trying to come up with, because Bradt3hleader is terrible.

I don't really know much about this but I am giving it a shot. I video game for fun anyway in my free time so why not? No I won't pick up extra work hours for "real money" because this is fun and it is my only free time.

Noobest, yep that's my xbox 360 gamertag. Bet half of you won't understand why the numbers and the name are relevant.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Danger Close means there's air support or artillery or something with the chance of friendly fire, usually going to land up to 600m from friendly troops

the numbers are co-ordinates for something?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Mutantbear

its his birth year
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
03##'s are call-signs for marines. you see lots of them in xbox gamer tags. the last two digits will be a position. probably a sniper/marksman or something gay and shifty-like.

i can't believe you guys are treating this project with any credulity. i'm disliking every vid he makes.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-09 15:32:35)

Mutantbear

aynrandroolz wrote:

03##'s are call-signs for marines. you see lots of them in xbox gamer tags. the last two digits will be a position. probably a sniper/marksman or something gay and shifty-like.

i can't believe you guys are treating this project with any credulity. i'm disliking every vid he makes.
jokes on you hes going to disable comments and ratings

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard