unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Old testament.

Not that I have anything against someone popping a housebreaker, as long as it isn't their son getting a glass of water.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over the passages regarding forgiveness while turning the other cheek and self defense. I'll make a D&ST thread for us to disucss it.
I think the confusion lies in the bible saying different things depending on who is writing, who is speaking, who is representing and who interpreted.

The whole 'thou shalt not kill'...does it need to be amended to read "thou shalt not kill unless you break another one of the commandments"?  If you break a commandment to punish someone for breaking a commandment, does it cancel itself?  If you break two commandments, does that mean I can break two commandments in punishing you?  Like, if you steal and murder, does that mean I can kill you AND fuck your wife?
Do you realize our laws are exactly the same? You can't murder somebody, but if they murder somebody you can kill them with capital punishment. The Bible isn't contradictory it has laws that apply under certain situations as do our laws today.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The Bible isn't contradictory
Gotta be trolling.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

In all the studying of history I have done I have not found a single society that doesn't punish people for murdering its members. Stop trolololing
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

Macbeth wrote:

In all the studying of history I have done I have not found a single society that doesn't punish people for murdering its members. Stop trolololing
Trolling? What you just said proves my point. You're so eager to jump at the Bible being contradictory, supposedly, that you're forgetting almost every society does that too. So what, now it's not ok to kill a murderer? If you say the Bible is wrong in that light then we need to change all our current laws that allow for capital punishment.

Your argument is terrible.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
You realize what you are advocating is vigilante justice which is a crime and will get you put on death row, yes?

It is the role of the state to punish criminals.  Not individual citizens.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
Especially over some belongings
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I would get one if my state didn't require fingerprinting. I don't want the state to have a copy of my fingerprints in case I ever have to commit a violent felony.
Adams_BJ
I don't like finger printing personally. Just an ID check is fine.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
pro tip: always carry gloves and a ski mask
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389

Adams_BJ wrote:

I only have 2
post some pics in the gun thread

Spoiler (highlight to read):
get your shit together
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Trolling? What you just said proves my point. You're so eager to jump at the Bible being contradictory, supposedly, that you're forgetting almost every society does that too. So what, now it's not ok to kill a murderer? If you say the Bible is wrong in that light then we need to change all our current laws that allow for capital punishment.
You seem to be confused about 'The Bible'.

The Jewish bible (the Old Testament) says its fine to kill murderers - are you Jewish Sh1fty? Is America a Jewish theocracy? Do American laws have to be compliant with the Old Testament? I don't remember seeing that in the Constitution.

Even then, do I need to point out that the OT does not require a death sentence for theft of property? It does require both parties in pre-marital sex be put to death - its very specific on that -  is that the same bible you're so keen to misrepresent to justify killing teenage burglars?

Or do you claim to be a Christian, in which case your bible - the New Testament - doesn't anywhere say its OK to kill someone stealing your TV. As far as property rights go the NT is about level with the Communist manifesto, and when it comes to crime and violence instructs you to turn the other cheek, try walking in another man's shoes, and so on.

So which is it Sh1fty?

Does the OT give you a boner? In which case you've already cursed yourself and your skank.

Or is the NT your thing? In which case you shouldn't be hoarding weapons and hoping for burglars, or wandering the countryside looking for harmless animals to kill.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
But the bible means you can pick and choose man, it says it I swear! It's all in the comprehension.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
To be fair, all religions are full of shit.
13rin
+977|6479

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There is too much at stake with me possibly hitting my head and falling down.  I'm now going to wear a helmet outside at all times.
Have at it corky....  I'm not saying you shouldn't and how do you know I don't?  heh...  I remember this argument from you a while back.  There is a difference between protecting yourself from accidents and protecting yourself from others that want to do harm to you.

And if you want to go that statistic bs route...  Murder is #15 for the leading causes of death in the US.  I'd say that our attention is demanded elsewhere. 

Also, hammers killed more people last year in the US than Rifles and Shotguns combined.  Soooo Ban the HAMMER!

Last edited by 13rin (2013-01-08 04:08:31)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

13rin wrote:

Also, hammers killed more people last year in the US than Rifles and Shotguns combined.  Soooo Ban the HAMMER!
Link plz.
13rin
+977|6479

Jaekus wrote:

But it's ok if they're brown and you live in Alabama.
http://www.readyholster.com/blog/stand- … nfographic
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6479

Dilbert_X wrote:

13rin wrote:

Link plz.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr … a-table-11

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/ … -shotguns/
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

they really should include handguns into that stat.  After all, handguns are guns, right?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

they really should include handguns into that stat.  After all, handguns are guns, right?
"total firearms"
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Clubs and hammers... vs shotguns vs rifles....multiple weapn stat vs songle weapon stat vs single weapon stat.
Rifles and shotguns=679
Clubs an hammers=496

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-01-08 08:51:31)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

I just noticed that too.  There are around 11K deaths a year as a result of 'guns'.  But it's a cool stat to throw people off
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
It just shows how little rifles come into play when you talk about total homicide in the US, so banning them would be kinda retarded.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Well that's a strawman because I haven't seen anyone here argue for banning rifles. But I do like the idea of making an argument for the other side, then using spurious data to refute it. Its a really good debate tactic.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Also. I wonder what they classify as a club. Is it any bludgeoning item, does a wrench or a candle stick count, o is it over the counter billy clubs only? Seems like a broad scope of weapons vs a specific type as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard