Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney
I don't hate and fear guns, lol. Why would I?

Keep talking out your arse.
Jaekus
+957|5183|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why do you need anything in life? Should I ask the government permission before I eat a cheeseburger because it might give me a heart attack? Should I request permission to smoke?
And you accuse me of being rhetorical.

I can see why you get trolled often.
I don't get trolled. Trolling implies that the effort to make me angry is subtle. None of them are ever subtle with their hate.

You just don't like being disagreed with Jaekus. You prefer to work in a gang and attack people when you're just one of many. I know how you work. Don't get mad just because you're wrong.
I'm not wrong. I asked a question. You refused to answer. Now you're putting words into my mouth and telling me (incorrectly) what my opinion is. Straw man much?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Can you buy semi-automatic weapons?
I have two semi-automatics and three revolvers.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5362|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cool.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51395/SAS2.2.gif

A bit dated but also quite striking:
Whilst the Attorney-General's Department crows about the success of the "buyback", others are not so sure. The Northern Territory News reports that "police remain convinced there could be millions of prohibited firearms still on the streets". (2) Even the gun prohibitionists acknowledge that the so-called buyback was a failure. Gun Control Australia's John Crook says, "It may be that we have to start this buy-back again because it is estimated there are still approximately 300,000 prohibited weapons to be brought in". (3)

The figure is perhaps closer to three million. Firearm owners should start preparing for the next round of confiscations, which is likely to focus on handguns.
http://www.ssaa.org.au/research/1997/19 … yback.html

Gun registration is the answer to all ills, amirite?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6627|Little Bentcock

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cool.

Whilst the Attorney-General's Department crows about the success of the "buyback", others are not so sure. The Northern Territory News reports that "police remain convinced there could be millions of prohibited firearms still on the streets". (2) Even the gun prohibitionists acknowledge that the so-called buyback was a failure. Gun Control Australia's John Crook says, "It may be that we have to start this buy-back again because it is estimated there are still approximately 300,000 prohibited weapons to be brought in". (3)

The figure is perhaps closer to three million. Firearm owners should start preparing for the next round of confiscations, which is likely to focus on handguns.

No one thing is ever the answer to anything, but the gun crime here in AU tells the story. What gun crime we do have is mainly between MCs, and apparently they got busted importing some guns from Germany.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Adams_BJ wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Cool.

No one thing is ever the answer to anything, but the gun crime here in AU tells the story. What gun crime we do have is mainly between MCs, and apparently they got busted importing some guns from Germany.
Why do you keep focusing on gun crime in particular? Isn't all crime bad?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its relatively difficult for criminals to get hold of guns here, or would be if customs did their job.....

Secure storage, 100% registration of legally held guns and not letting every paranoid nut who wants to defend his plasma TV with lethal force buy a gun all play their role.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'm fairly certain that there are way more unregistered illegal firearms in your country than you'd care to believe. It's rather difficult to patrol the shores of an entire continent against smuggling, especially if it's of goods that people really want.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

For the average rational person gun crime by criminals is a scary prospect. Having a gun under you pillow or in your glovebox doesn't actually make you bullet-proof whatever the NRA might tell you.

Generally a criminal with a gun is going to have the drop on anyone, if a 5' kid has the drop on a 6'5" former marine the kid still has the advantage, whereas for most other weapons its much more even.

Even if you have a gun and the other guy has a gun, spraying bullets around the outcome will mostly come down to luck, and stray bullets in the neighbourhood don't do anyone any good.

So really as far as the average sensible person is concerned, having a gun isn't a whole lot of use, and if having a gun means everyone else including criminals has a gun its one step forwards and two steps backwards  which is obviously net one step backwards.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

I'm fairly certain that there are way more unregistered illegal firearms in your country than you'd care to believe. It's rather difficult to patrol the shores of an entire continent against smuggling, especially if it's of goods that people really want.
There are plenty, and the major gangsters have no trouble getting anything they want.

But the average street thug has a much harder time getting much more than a rusted WW2 relic or a home-meade gun.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Generally a criminal with a gun is going to have the drop on anyone, if a 5' kid has the drop on a 6'5" former marine the kid still has the advantage, whereas for most other weapons its much more even.
Well, that's the precise reason guns became profligate. It works both ways you know, guns make it much easier for a woman to defend herself, or for a smaller man versus a larger one. If it comes down to fists, or clubs or any other melee weapon they are at an extreme disadvantage. Guns destroyed feudalism.
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Cool.

Because this is a gun thread? And we don't have gun crime. It kinda sorta supports the argument. No point bringing up car theft is there. Crime is bad, but people don't get killed over a TV here.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, that's the precise reason guns became profligate. It works both ways you know, guns make it much easier for a woman to defend herself, or for a smaller man versus a larger one. If it comes down to fists, or clubs or any other melee weapon they are at an extreme disadvantage. Guns destroyed feudalism.
Thats not the point, if a criminal has a gun and so do I then me having a gun doesn't help me in the least, criminals pre-plan their crimes whereas victims have to react to them - if they're lucky.

If me having a gun means the criminal is far more likely to have a gun then I've gained nothing and in fact gone backwards.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Criminals will have guns regardless.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Nothing's going to be perfect. Law-abiding citizens can go on rampages too without warning, but I don't think publishing their addresses will fix things.
Adams_BJ
I don't think my address has ever been published, nor would it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Criminals will have guns regardless.
Except in most countries they generally don't.
Jaekus
+957|5183|Sydney
tbf, most organised crime in Australia have guns, or at least anecdotally so. But they also exclusively practice their crime on other bikie/drug gangs etc. Arming the populace isn't going to make it go away, it would just create further problems.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5590

Most gun deaths in this country happen among the blacks so jay doesn't have to worry. Like he said, he can discount them because they don't come into his neighborhood and he doesn't go into theirs.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6719|US

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thats not the point, if a criminal has a gun and so do I then me having a gun doesn't help me in the least, criminals pre-plan their crimes whereas victims have to react to them - if they're lucky.
Actually, it makes it MUCH riskier for the criminal.  Most people don't like to take life-or-death risks without something big to gain.  In the US, surveys of convicted criminals show they fear an armed citizen more than the police.
Adams_BJ

RAIMIUS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Actually, it makes it MUCH riskier for the criminal.  Most people don't like to take life-or-death risks without something big to gain.  In the US, surveys of convicted criminals show they fear an armed citizen more than the police.
How many households as a percentage have firearms.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5601|Vacationland

RAIMIUS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Which makes them more likely to kill someone out of panic when they find out they're armed.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Narupug wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Which makes them more likely to kill someone out of panic when they find out they're armed.
Or think twice about a life of crime.
-Frederick Bastiat
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5601|Vacationland

Jay wrote:

Narupug wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

You really think the average criminal is playing the long game Jay?
Adams_BJ

Narupug wrote:

Jay wrote:

Narupug wrote:

You really think the average criminal is playing the long game Jay?
Most criminals do it out of necessity.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard