CC-Marley
+407|6827
More and more Lego. New and used. Anyone want to sort for me? I have too much.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Sure, send it my way and I'll have it back to you in no time.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Blade4509 wrote:

Got my command squad for my space marine tabletop army. Pretty excited to get to work on these guys!

If you make them Ultramarines I'll send Jay to give you a swirly.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Got my command squad for my space marine tabletop army. Pretty excited to get to work on these guys!

If you make them Ultramarines I'll send Jay to give you a swirly.
I'm not making Ultrasmurfs. I'm making a Salamander army. Also my buddy got me a sweet custom Mk II and IV armor set Apothecary for it. Just finished one today.

The Apothecary is my favorite 40k unit so now I have the Mk II, IV, and VII to make

Here's the Mk. II armor. Note I have horrid paint skills, so I just get by enough for you to know what it is supposed to be.

https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/Blade4509/20121229_114938_zps6cab6072.jpg
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6573|London
Pretty good for a first try actually. If you thin your paints your models will look 100x better. White is a bitch to paint with no matter what you do though

These are my old kasrkin stormtroopers. DoW players will recognise them straight away

https://i.imgur.com/re5Ke.jpg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America
Not to get too far off topic, but man those look good. Yeah I think the paint really came out in globs because I kept trying to fill in all the little bits and spaces. The armor is really spiky! Since it's a forgeworld model it came almost in one piece so filling in all those nooks was crazy! In retrospect I should have gotten some white layer paint. to fill in the gaps in the layers of armor.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2013-01-01 09:24:33)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Spray them with a base coat of the dominant color, white in your case. Then you can do the detail work afterwards.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Nooooooooo.

Give them a weak wash of black first, and wipe off quickly with a meths soaked cloth - to fill in the shadows and leave the highlights as bare metal.

Then dry-brush the dominant colour.

This really brings out any detail.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-01-01 13:15:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Aries_37 wrote:

Pretty good for a first try actually. If you thin your paints your models will look 100x better. White is a bitch to paint with no matter what you do though

These are my old kasrkin stormtroopers. DoW players will recognise them straight away

I heard white's easier if you hit it with two thin coats or primer first. I'd probably use a grey primer, then rough it up a bit after the white coat for a scratched effect. Gloss might look better, but I've never used that on a figurine.

But since I'd use Blood Ravens if I wanted a Spehss Mehrene army, the point is moot.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America
I'm not really trying to bring out details guys, just trying to fill in places that are difficult to cover with a brush of base paint.

EDIT: Aries is one helpful dude. Thin coats of paint do turn out smoother. +1

Last edited by Blade4509 (2013-01-01 18:31:58)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
tickets to visit matty in cali
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
2 classic albums

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
https://i.imgur.com/Wctt7.jpg
An 8GB USB flash drive for €10.
That thing only extends 6mm out of the USB port.
Less chance to accidentally rip it off in my car.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
nice buy
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
I remember when the small ones first came out. They didn't last long because they overheated, or something. At least my friend's didn't. Is this sorted now?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
Fiio e07k
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
everyone at the office today got given like 5 of these. exclusive shit. they're weighty and have the same sort of roll and smoothness as your average parker. a bit better than your average office bic. introducing...

https://i.imgur.com/OniDj.jpg

the iPen. first glimpse/internal leak. possibly employee-only at this stage. might put them on ebay for a few hundred bucks. guaranteed to be more stable than a regular pen, so you know it's worth it. and don't tell me that isn't one of the most elegant and ergonomic designs you've ever seen in pen technology yet. makes you wonder why all the other dummies were messing around... with their lids, and clips, and irritating click bullshit.

and yes, i know, the picture quality is shit. it's impossible to snap a shiny metal pen with office fluoro lights overhead. also the partially obscured logo will keep the lawyers off my back. due to be announced in the spring conference.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-15 11:56:35)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Hahaha well done.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Apple just cutback on their iphone parts and their stock has lost $200 since Steve Jobs died. This pen will turn things around.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
i thought it was kinda funny that even the office supplies come in fancy apple packaging/aesthetics

This pen will turn things around.
i can guarantee, it'll be like gutenberg's press, all over again, only better

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-15 14:11:45)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto
I just sent a 1st generation iPod Nano (the one I still use daily) in to Apple for repair/replacement. Recall for it started in late 2011. I knew about it before, but now that they're sinking I may not have a chance to redeem my prize later. Here's the link to the recall:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/

Last edited by Pochsy (2013-01-16 13:46:00)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
CC-Marley
+407|6827
Z of Chiesel. It could have been clipped a bit better and it was a 1/2 gram short. I love my friends...
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

aynrandroolz wrote:

everyone at the office today got given like 5 of these. exclusive shit. they're weighty and have the same sort of roll and smoothness as your average parker. a bit better than your average office bic. introducing...

the iPen. first glimpse/internal leak. possibly employee-only at this stage. might put them on ebay for a few hundred bucks. guaranteed to be more stable than a regular pen, so you know it's worth it. and don't tell me that isn't one of the most elegant and ergonomic designs you've ever seen in pen technology yet. makes you wonder why all the other dummies were messing around... with their lids, and clips, and irritating click bullshit.

and yes, i know, the picture quality is shit. it's impossible to snap a shiny metal pen with office fluoro lights overhead. also the partially obscured logo will keep the lawyers off my back. due to be announced in the spring conference.
It will come with Facebook integration. This means you can write your status onto a piece of paper and it will be automatically uploaded to Facebook via Siri confirmation.

They'll retail at $299 and you can get them in black too.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Jaekus wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

It will come with Facebook integration. This means you can write your status onto a piece of paper and it will be automatically uploaded to Facebook via Siri confirmation.

They'll retail at $599 and you can get them in black too. Plugs into your computer via Apple's brand new proprietary connector (purchased separately for the low price of $59.99)
fix't

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard