unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Mutantbear wrote:

the game is too easy

the hardest thing about the game is trying to kill panthers with the bow and arrow without abusing the terrain
Shoot at predators from enough distance and they'll just run around confused.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

the game is too easy

the hardest thing about the game is trying to kill panthers with the bow and arrow without abusing the terrain
Shoot at predators from enough distance and they'll just run around confused.
if you shoot at them from up on a rock or something they will run away like retards

if you shoot them from where they can get to you they will run at you and kill you. I have never been able to kill them with a bow in one hit so you get a hit off hopefully then they run at you and kill you
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't know if it's possible to one-hit them with regular arrows. I don't know where you were killing them, but they've always been confused when I was shooting them from long distance. If you're still having problems, try one of the +damage to animals injections.

Anyway...

PU LE LE HO!
Brasso
+1,549|6601

new patch makes the game stuck at the logging in screen
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

that's not a bug, that's a feature
Brasso
+1,549|6601

13urnzz wrote:

that's not a bug, that's a feature
wouldn't put it past ubisoft
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

kotaku wrote:

I pulled out my high-tech bow
Recurve bows. The new high tech.

http://kotaku.com/5962414/far-cry-3-the-kotaku-review
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Well since I'm finished with all Far Cry 3 missions and am missing just one collectible which I can't get until a patch, I thought I'd play some Far Cry 2, which I've long neglected.

Things I like:
  • tiered healing.
  • weapons degradation and smoking mg's.
  • persistent pursuit AI and their occasional entrance into "last stand" mode.
  • malaria (yes, I think it's actually interesting being hobbled like that).
Things I don't like:
  • quests. there's so many conditions you have to meet before one's unlocked that it's silly.
  • poor scripted pathing and NPC's clipping through walls, floors and glitching out in general. also glitchy dialog.
  • AI's xray vision. you can't see them but they sure as fuck can see you through any layer of weeds.
  • broken stealth system in general.
  • no quick melee.
  • inability to chop apart plants with machete.
  • bullet sponge enemies...on NORMAL difficulty. seriously?!
  • unreliable saves sometimes send me to a previous state when i reload when I know I'd saved more recently than that. is it required to be in a safe house to do so or something? it looks like it's letting me save outside them, but I've lost 40 minutes of game so far to it.
  • unskippable "in-game cutscenes."
  • vehicles getting stuck for no apparent reason.
  • day 1 errors and glitches that still haven't been fixed.
  • the sheer amount of time it takes to go anywhere or get anything done with the combined factors of the above.
  • lack of backwards implementation with uplay. I sort of like their interface. it's not obtrusive and doesn't disturb you in-game like GFWL.

Here's the thing: I could bite the bullet and finish Far Cry 2, but with no less than three Mario games I haven't touched yet along with Scribblenauts for Wii U, plus everything I have on Steam, PS3, PS2, etc., I'm going to be happier simply uninstalling it. I like the realism elements in Far Cry 2, but for all that the game tries to work, it just doesn't pan out.

Far Cry 3, for all its problems, is a much smoother experience. If they took a working game like Far Cry 3 and loaded some of the survival/realism elements from Far Cry 2 (to turn on or off at will), I'd be happy. I hope Far Cry 4 is in a temperate or snowy climate.

3 was worth the money, but isn't very replayable. 2...just wasn't.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

lol
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Looks amazing.

And I like that you don't need to own FC3 to play it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Certainly ignites nostalgia, right down to the title style.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
This looks like an amalgamation of G.I. Joe, DooM, Master Of The Universe, Duke Nukem and BraveStarr.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

crazy shit
Cisse
+63|4339
I wil buy this dlc
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
You don't need far cry 3 i think.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

10/10 will buy, but what's with that opening clip?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

UnkleRukus wrote:

You don't need far cry 3 i think.

FFLink wrote:

Looks amazing.

And I like that you don't need to own FC3 to play it.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Got this on sale from Steam. Lots of fun at first looks great, vehicles and gun have good control, the wildlife aspect is nice, but then like Fallout 3/Vegas, Oblivion/Skyrim the pattern of the formula sets in and becomes unbearable repatition.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard