Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5765|Tampa Bay Florida
Frodo shot first
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,923|5847|USA

If you want him, come and claim him.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5228|what

Just wait for the extended edition to be released for all three of these.

Then the definitive collection of the first three, because they now need to edit in a younger Bilbo (remember when he finds the ring?).

Then all 6 will be released together. That's the edition you want. When its the directors cut.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,752|5181|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Um, most "cartoonish" movies don't have many "moving cameras." You say LotR is too cartoonish and complain that it has a moving camera?
I mean the characters are two-dimensional, every aspect is predictable and dumbed down eg "A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cartoonish

Its nothing to do with the style of the cinematography - which I don't like either.

And yeah, the camera never moves in cartoons

#FreeBritney
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5765|Tampa Bay Florida
How many female characters were in the LOTR trilogy, and how much screentime did they get compared to the entire cast?  All I can remember is that they were all pasty white elves with zero personality who were there primarily to serve their male counterparts.  It's weird tbh.  Even George Lucas understood you need a strong female somewhere in there to serve as a counterweight.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-12-03 06:01:26)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4433|London, England

Spearhead wrote:

How many female characters were in the LOTR trilogy, and how much screentime did they get compared to the entire cast?  All I can remember is that they were all pasty white elves with zero personality who were there primarily to serve their male counterparts.  It's weird tbh.  Even George Lucas understood you need a strong female somewhere in there to serve as a counterweight.
Arwen, Eowyn and Galadriel were the only noteworthy females iirc. The spider was female too I guess I dunno man, at their heart, the books are about war and there weren't exactly a lot of female warriors running around in the time of swords and bows
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5765|Tampa Bay Florida
Imagine how much better it would have been in Peter Jackson had thrown in a sassy black woman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4433|London, England
Why would he do that? I'm going to assume you've never read any of the books.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5549|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Spearhead wrote:

Imagine how much better it would have been in Peter Jackson had thrown in a sassy black woman
Here's some black for ya.

https://d22yihw874nvs.cloudfront.net/gentleman-slap_raw.gif
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5734|BC, Canada
Tyler Perry shoulda directed Lotr and the hobbit.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,923|5847|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Um, most "cartoonish" movies don't have many "moving cameras." You say LotR is too cartoonish and complain that it has a moving camera?
I mean the characters are two-dimensional, every aspect is predictable and dumbed down eg "A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cartoonish

Its nothing to do with the style of the cinematography - which I don't like either.

And yeah, the camera never moves in cartoons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo
Yeah, good job pointing out the INTRO! Mostly, Simpsons simply pans and zooms once the episode starts, if at all.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|5742

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you want him, come and claim him.
I watched Fellowship on BD last Saturday.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,923|5847|USA

Ilocano wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you want him, come and claim him.
I watched Fellowship on BD last Saturday.
Arwen shot first.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,923|5847|USA



reposts

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard