Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I knew it won't go well. Pump making very loud high pitched electrical noise and rattling.
Shit.  Seems new design needs time for the kinks to iron out.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Ilocano wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I knew it won't go well. Pump making very loud high pitched electrical noise and rattling.
Shit.  Seems new design needs time for the kinks to iron out.
Yeah I guess.

A bit quieter after a day but still not acceptable. Thankfully I have my NH-D14 to use during RMA.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

Ilocano wrote:

Downloaded Office 2013 ISO.  Grumbled a bit about creating an install disk.  Double-clicked iso, saw setup.exe file, installed.  Windows 8 supports native ISO and VHD mounting. Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't need to make an install disk. PowerISO and a reboot and you're good to go on a virtual drive.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Finray wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Downloaded Office 2013 ISO.  Grumbled a bit about creating an install disk.  Double-clicked iso, saw setup.exe file, installed.  Windows 8 supports native ISO and VHD mounting. Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't need to make an install disk. PowerISO and a reboot and you're good to go on a virtual drive.
Native support = instant, no reboot, easy eject, no need for legal copy of PowerISO for all the PC's in the house.   Even more benefit on the Enterprise.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
If he sticks with Windows 8, he'll never need to use PowerISO for either of those things again

Edit: beat me to it

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-12-05 12:15:46)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Ilocano wrote:

Finray wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Native support = instant, no reboot, easy eject, no need for legal copy of PowerISO for all the PC's in the house.   Even more benefit on the Enterprise.
yeah sorry mis-worded, I'm using Windows 8 myself and I do like that feature, however I was saying on other operating systems you don't need to bother with burning a disk anyway.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

No worries.  I just hate having to rely on third party apps for a feature that should have been native for ages.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6416|Finland

I don't think I have ever RMA'd so much stuff at once as I am doing now.

Coil whining AX750, 2x4GB Vengeance LP and noisy H100i all at once to the Netherlands, lol.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2012-12-05 13:41:00)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I don't think I have ever RMA'd so much stuff at once as I am doing now.

Coil whining AX750, 2x4GB Vengeance LP and noisy H100i all at once to the Netherlands, lol.
Damn.  Did you piss off your delivery guy on an earlier shipment?.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
new itunes:

playing song
hit forward button on mouse to go to next song (goes to next song)
hit back button to go to song i was just listening too (goes to song before that, i.e. goes back 2 songs)
hit forward button again to try and make it go to original song (goes to one head of that one, the 2nd song)
hit back button again (now goes back three songs)
forward (2nd song)
backward (goes back 4 songs)
etc
etc

download new song/album and want to add it/them to a playlist? gotta go to the playlist and hit 'add songs' and search for what you just added. no dragging and dropping. want to add that recent song/album to multiple playlists? just slit your wrists and save yourself the time

probably my own fault for sticking with apple. but cmon guys wtf.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

You guys know any nice e-stores where one can order all sorts of itty bitty computer and other electronic and electric components? Need to find some stuff for my Raspberry Pi casing I'm putting together. And by stuff I mean things I don't yet know I need.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6416|Finland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

You guys know any nice e-stores where one can order all sorts of itty bitty computer and other electronic and electric components? Need to find some stuff for my Raspberry Pi casing I'm putting together. And by stuff I mean things I don't yet know I need.
Take a look at www.partco.biz/

I also ordered some RaspPi stuff this week. But it was from www.farnell.fi because had access to it (they sell to business only).

Also third one https://www.elfaelektroniikka.fi/

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2012-12-06 05:10:52)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i dropped my win 7 instead of my win7 sp1 disc in - 63/140 updates . . .
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
You shoulda destroyed the Win 7 disk when you made the Win 7 SP1 disk.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Finray wrote:

You shoulda destroyed the Win 7 disk when you made the Win 7 SP1 disk.
meh, it's oem with a valid key. my sp1 is a technet. i have put it on a shelf though.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.
Anyone interested in buying a Gigabyte 990fx UD3?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I timed getting my iPhone 5 this week pretty well... Exclusive: Google Set to Release iOS Maps App Tonight
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Google maps is available now (just installed it a few minutes ago)

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/google- … 27354?mt=8

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-12-13 00:59:57)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6441|King Of The Islands

Jaekus wrote:

Google maps is available now (just installed it a few minutes ago)

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/google- … oycD21UwY0
Now you'll be able to drive yourself back to town and get a real phone.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

someone doesn't like Apple
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
Had to help my brother find a new motherboard after we tried a new PSU thinking that was what was causing his bluescreening/abrupt shutoffs and after swapping and testing every single other possible part including the CPU.  He wanted to keep using his current E8400 processor so he wouldn't have to spend more on an i5 and DDR3 RAM so I got him to order this one yesterday:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6813128536

Not quite as many slots as the Biostar one he has now but it would get the job done for cheap and he doesn't use anything other than the PCI-e x16.  Now I'm looking over the specs and come to find out that rinky-dink motherboard - with two RAM slots, an LGA 775 slot and even 2 regular PCI slots - requires DDR3.  I hope he won't be too mad about having to spend another $20 to double his RAM capacity and switch up to DDR3 after already having to buy the other two things for about $100 combined.  Malfunctioning mobos are a bitch

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-12-14 22:09:24)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

"Which of the following HTTP error codes represents the "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" server error message?"

jesus wept, how many of these goddam error codes do i have to know?
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

sounds like check ur mirrors
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
509 son. my old area code

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard