=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6760|In a van down by the river
Anybody else noticed that the knives are no longer exclusively one-hit kill?  Some guy tk'd me.  So I went at him with a knife.  I hit him once and it said "team-damage" and then one more jab killed him.  Another time, I was waiting for a round to start and I was knife fighting somebody in a secluded area where I know nobody else was at.  I got jabbed once and it took about half of my health bar away.  The second jab I received killed me.  Anybody else notice this?  I don't remember it being on the list of changes.
5peedy
+27|6625|the Faroe Islands
hmmm... i haven't tried the knife after 1.3... but i didn't see it on the list of changes either
viserov
+9|6700|Atlanta
That's because EA nerfed the knife to ease people's fears of shiny metal objects.

https://www.riversidepapercompany.com/images/jansan/plastic_knife_white.jpg

Actually, I don't know. I do enjoy seeing a cloud of smoke instead of death sometimes when I knife people.

Last edited by viserov (2006-05-25 13:26:59)

=NAA=TheTaxidermist
But they still use shiny metal objects.  They just use butter knives now.  Of course, according to EA, if you use a butter knife, you hack.  By the way, your brother said hi again vis.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6768|London

You might have been playing on a server with Friendly Fire not on 100%
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
yeah but i got killed in two swipes against an ENEMY, not a teammate the second time.

Last edited by =NAA=TheTaxidermist (2006-05-25 14:05:18)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6768|London

Did the first knife kill do damage? Or was it the lame ass white powder?
l41e
+677|6674

A knife against the arm does around 55% damage in my experience.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6768|London

I want to go try it out, but I also want to leave my knife kills as 1337...

What a Dilema I am in!
ATC
+58|6770|...

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

You might have been playing on a server with Friendly Fire not on 100%
He's PROBABLY right. That sounds like it would be the reason. I agree.
l41e
+677|6674

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

What a Dilema I am in!
Wanna go on the BF2S American server right now and try it out with me?
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6681|Cambridge, England

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

What a Dilema I am in!
there is a magical thing called unranked servers
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6720|San Francisco
When all of us were playing BF2142 at EA, I ran into the "white smoke" problem even there.  The project lead was standing behind me and instantly said "Oh no!  You hit his armor!" after it took me two stabs to kill someone.

So anytime you stab someone and only get a puff of smoke, you are evidently hitting their armor...
lifestyle
+11|6608|Norway.
I love to take snipers with knife hard and fast behind
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6768|London

Marconius wrote:

When all of us were playing BF2142 at EA, I ran into the "white smoke" problem even there.  The project lead was standing behind me and instantly said "Oh no!  You hit his armor!" after it took me two stabs to kill someone.

So anytime you stab someone and only get a puff of smoke, you are evidently hitting their armor...
lol, whoops! I knifed him in his face armour!

oh noes!
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6613
Lol thats hilarious, armor

I didn't know we had Armor on our bare faces in this game.

Sigh.

Barely got my Basic Knife badge(Never used knife ever) with 12 kills(Luck and all, gotta love oblivious people)
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6720|San Francisco
<EA>Yeah...you know, that bony, skull-type thing behind our faces.  That's armor, right?  Right?  anyone? </EA>
Rizen_Ji
+41|6762|200m out and smiling at you.
i just played and i had no problems knifing people... i was on the raven or was it crow i think it was crow server on wake and knifing them americans happily and i was fine.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6735

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

Anybody else noticed that the knives are no longer exclusively one-hit kill?  Some guy tk'd me.  So I went at him with a knife.  I hit him once and it said "team-damage" and then one more jab killed him.  Another time, I was waiting for a round to start and I was knife fighting somebody in a secluded area where I know nobody else was at.  I got jabbed once and it took about half of my health bar away.  The second jab I received killed me.  Anybody else notice this?  I don't remember it being on the list of changes.
the server you where in probally had team damage at 50%...
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
willworkforTHRILLS
+-2|6573
I.like to knife...they need to get throwing knives in bf2.......and make it so you can kill with the zipline also....thank you have a nice day.
crownvic96
+5|6580
you can kill with the zipline
Medic35
+1|6577
I experienced the same problem, went up to an enemy knifed him (I heard him grunt and he "shook") he turned around and shot me! I knifed him in the chest this isn't the only time it happened to me either

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by Medic35 (2006-05-25 19:08:14)

Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6682|Denver, CO

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

What a Dilema I am in!
Notice how this user has it so you can't see his stats? 
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
Well you see it wasn't the white puff of smoke.  He hit me once (this was me getting hit, not me hitting somebody) and it took out about half my health.  And then I got hit once more and died.  That's why I'm assuming it's no white puff of smoke as is normal when a knife doesn't kill in one hit.  And plus, it was an enemy hitting me, not a teammate.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6681|Brisbane, Australia

Oh here, there is some powder on your face, let my stab it off with my knife

All better now

ARGH!! Why did you shoot me!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard