FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Ha ha

Skilled players won't let that happen. With cover around, AR will win over DMR. Range is a lot better than previous games. I've proven it hundred of times already.

I'll use the DMR/BR when they release SWAT.
iceman785
+93|6642|Alaska, mother fucker.
I'm loving the new AR, it's fucking beast. Also the only problem I've seen with the needler so far is that it only has enough ammo for 2 kills. Other than that I'm loving it. Also the promethean sniper rifle is awesome, loving the OHK on it.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Thankfully I know if a binary rifle is aiming at me with the "I'm here, you are there, prepare to die" laser that appears while guy is scoped, plus half the amount of ammo the sniper rifle offers is nice. FFlink, all the guns are situational, Needler is not necessarily a "you kill me I kill you gun", it is a decent gun.

As far as weaponry goes, I'm generally a sucker for Covenant weaponry as I don't have to worry about reloading, except for the carbine(I seriously would of preferred a basic laser weapon that can overheat instead, it's DMR for me) and the concussion and fuel rod guns, plus plasma grenades are very handy anti vehicle weapons.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FFLink
There is.
Spartan Ops isn't great at all.

Matchmaking also pisses me off now that you get thrown into games that are mid-way through, which is 90% of the time a guaranteed loss as losers quit.

I'm still kicking ass, though.
War Man

FFLink wrote:

Spartan Ops isn't great at all.

Matchmaking also pisses me off now that you get thrown into games that are mid-way through, which is 90% of the time a guaranteed loss as losers quit.

I'm still kicking ass, though.
Only Spartan Ops mission that was at all fun was the first one, because it had plenty of vehicles. The other missions are crap though, and I hate hearing the voice of Miller and the occasional talk between Palmer and Miller on the Radio, Miller doesn't sound like a damn Spartan to me. Plus there is a lack of skipping the same videos you see every beginning of a mission. The missions need more flavor and be more unique to one another.

The joining in the middle of a game doesn't make me happy as well, there have been a couple instances where I helped get the team have a close game instead of a total humiliating defeat.

Last edited by War Man (2012-11-16 08:39:44)

FFLink
There is.
I also can't play Campaign or Spartan Ops co-op, because the lag is just insane.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA
I just picked up a copy for $20 because of a scratch on the disc than made it unreadable.  Put my car polisher on it for a few seconds and it's all good to go.

Working on getting my XIM2 dialed in 100% so the mouse feels 1:1,   almost there, so far it's been fun.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2012-11-27 15:06:36)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

PigPopTart wrote:

I just picked up a copy for $20 because of a scratch on the disc than made it unreadable.  Put my car polisher on it for a few seconds and it's all good to go.

Working on getting my XIM2 dialed in 100% so the mouse feels 1:1,   almost there, so far it's been fun.
i want a XIM so bad, but a) it's kind of expensive and b) i would feel like a dickhead using it because it's just that unfair
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
I bought mine years ago when BC2 was about to come out.  Didn't have money for a capable PC and game pads are impossible for me so it was the best option (apart from just not playing games).   

The newest version (XIM Edge) is $90. So over the years the product has become much easier to use and less expensive.   It's a good option if you don't want to build a PC and are partial to a M&K.      Unfair?  mmmmaaaybe, but being a dickhead on console is kinda standard so I don't see any harm in it.

Edit:  The XIM Edge also works on PS3.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2012-11-27 15:38:48)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

PigPopTart wrote:

I bought mine years ago when BC2 was about to come out.  Didn't have money for a capable PC and game pads are impossible for me so it was the best option (apart from just not playing games).   

The newest version (XIM Edge) is $90. So over the years the product has become much easier to use and less expensive.   It's a good option if you don't want to build a PC and are partial to a M&K.      Unfair?  mmmmaaaybe, but being a dickhead on console is kinda standard so I don't see any harm in it.

Edit:  The XIM Edge also works on PS3.
yeah the $90 one is the one i was looking at. so tempting...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
honestly,  you should.    I'm even considering it.  Easier to use,  smart translators, wayyyy less clutter and works with PS3.   

I built my PC for BF3, thinking it would have the BF2 effect and keep me entertained for years,  but since I lost interest,  its pretty much my wife's editing machine now. 

If I can get into Halo enough, i might upgrade to the Edge and finally retire the 2
FFLink
There is.
Just seems wrong to play a console game with anything but a controller.

I'm all for mouse and keyboard, but with a console-only game such as Halo, it has to be a controller. Why play it otherwise? How did you get in to it if you find controllers "impossible"? Both take good skill to use to play to a good standard. I wouldn't get the same enjoyment I do from beating kids using a $90 easy-mode.

My opinion, anyway.

Last edited by FFLink (2012-11-27 16:32:42)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Things I don't like :

Loadouts.  If I wanted loadouts I'd play fucking CoD or BF.  Halo has always been about starting with a certain weapon and going around the map and finding other ones.  They really fucked up pandering to CoD imo.

DMR is way too OP.  Nuff said.  Yes, the other guns are technically okay but c;mon now.  I know OP when I see it.

New alien weapons.  Don't really add anything to the gameplay, except make it more confusing.  Either they should go with covenant weapons or promethean.  No use in making it a three way.

Things I like :

The engine looks better then ever.  Looks almost as good as BF3 on the console but runs at a steady framerate.   Probably one of the best looking games I've ever played on the 360.

Multiplayer is still fun.  Absolutely love the Exile map.
War Man
Exile map is kinda bullshit, Scorpion has no place in that map and I hate blue team having the Gauss hog. Don't give me that "scorpion is closer to red team's base" crap, that's not real balance, plus scorpion is bleh in that map anyway. 2 Gauss hogs would of been much more fun.

As for loadouts, I like them, although I'd prefer if they had classic halo gamemodes to have the old style as you mentioned spear.

DMR is kinda overpowering. Quite frankly I hate how ranged weapons have a slight edge over assault "rifles", especially with the DMR. It is fairly balanced, but combat kinda favors long range. The sword, hammer, and shotguns are worthless most of the time as most of the maps are just too damn big for proper close combat.

Ordnance drops are nice, just don't like how you still get a hammer, sword, or shotgun as an option in a big map that encourages long range(and there are many)

Don't mind the addition of the alien weapons, light rifle is kinda dumb being a DMR/BR hybrid but all the others are fine and add their own style. The pulse grenade is absolute shit though, shittiest grenade to go for of the 3, not to mention you spawn with 1 less grenade if you pick that as your grenade compared to the other grenades.

Some other things I could talk about the game, but I'll keep my peace for now.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

the gauss hog is the dumbest shit
FFLink
There is.
There are plenty of places for sword and shotguns, outside of the BTB, Dominion and CTF playlists.

I've used a sword for all 10 hits many-a-time.

But hammer is a terrible weapon.

They also fucked up the whole "balanced encounter" now between a guy with a sword/shotgun vs a guy with a shotgun/sword. In Reach, it was perfected so that the person who fired first, even by the tiniest bit would remain alive, but now it just goes back to the old days and kills you both.

So retarded.

Last edited by FFLink (2012-11-28 03:32:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If you both fire and both hit, you should both die.
FFLink
There is.
Yeah, especially when the other has fired more bullets in to the other.

If you don't play, don't chime in with pointless crap.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard