12GB RAM
some nvidia GPU (8400GT?)
256GB SSD for OS / scratch
10 x 2TB HDD
5 x 3TB HDD
LSI SAS 9201-16i
Windows Server 2012

Giganews account & sabnzbd+ & couchpotato & sickbeard & 100mbit line = pure
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

max wrote:

Redid the Server

i7 920
P6T
12GB RAM
some nvidia GPU (8400GT?)
256GB SSD for OS / scratch
10 x 2TB HDD
5 x 3TB HDD
LSI SAS 9201-16i
Windows Server 2012

Giganews account & sabnzbd+ & couchpotato & sickbeard & 100mbit line = pure
We still hate you
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

Good. Just checking
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

max wrote:

Good. Just checking
I've only just got an i7 gonna strip it down and re-thermal paste it this Saturday and overclock it.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

Work in progress. Definitely want some sleeved cables right there. But need the AX1200i first.

https://i.imgur.com/uLcyY.jpg
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Benzin
+576|5969
Panzer, you easily have one of the most bad-ass builds on this forum but every time I see a new post of yours you still have those ugly fans. Seriously - get something that matches! XD
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6385|Finland

CapnNismo wrote:

Panzer, you easily have one of the most bad-ass builds on this forum but every time I see a new post of yours you still have those ugly fans. Seriously - get something that matches! XD
Actually, I ordered 2x 140mm Corsair AF quiet + 2x 120mm SP120 Quiet  for the H100i rad, so yeah colours match soon!
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Benzin
+576|5969
Finally!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Actually, I ordered 2x 140mm Corsair AF quiet + 2x 120mm SP120 Quiet  for the H100i rad, so yeah colours match soon!
pics or..
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6385|Finland

... pics.

https://i.imgur.com/H2sWT.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
Did you overclock the shit out of your processor or you just wanted a water-cooled setup for the benefits it brings?  Just curious.  It looks really cool how the watercooling heatsink for the CPU is just one little plate that goes over it.  Looks like a huge huge improvement over what you had before although you already know I'm very partial to those Noctua fans you had, lol
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

... pics.

What GPU?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6385|Finland

_j5689_ wrote:

Did you overclock the shit out of your processor or you just wanted a water-cooled setup for the benefits it brings?  Just curious.  It looks really cool how the watercooling heatsink for the CPU is just one little plate that goes over it.  Looks like a huge huge improvement over what you had before although you already know I'm very partial to those Noctua fans you had, lol
Bought it just because I could. I have wanted to try one of these for quite some time now and finally got it. Better cooling performance than NH-D14 is a plus and the fact it frees up the space over the MB. That, and the fact it looks absolutely badass.

Camm wrote:

What GPU?
Zotac GTX 480 AMP!

Indeed can't wait for the next gen Keplers. Then it is time to upgrade.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2012-12-05 10:23:24)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Bought it just because I could. I have wanted to try one of these for quite some time now and finally got it. Better cooling performance than NH-D14 is a plus and the fact it frees up the space over the MB. That, and the fact it looks absolutely badass.

Camm wrote:

What GPU?
Zotac GTX 480 AMP!

Indeed can't wait for the next gen Keplers. Then it is time to upgrade.
Must be keeping the house warm during the Finnish winter
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

... pics.

Insanely nice cable management.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Ilocano wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

... pics.

HUGE case though. That helps a lot. My case is ridiculously cramped now with a 1kW PSU, two GTX460s and 3 HDDS and an SSD.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Camm wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

... pics.

HUGE case though. That helps a lot. My case is ridiculously cramped now with a 1kW PSU, two GTX460s and 3 HDDS and an SSD.
Nah.   It's the crazy amount of backplate holes.  I have a huge case too(HAF932), but I can only channel the cables through only a few holes.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Ilocano wrote:

Camm wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Nah.   It's the crazy amount of backplate holes.  I have a huge case too(HAF932), but I have to channel the cables through only a few holes.
That's it. Yeah, you're right. I'll post a picture of the inside of my rig at some point.
Benzin
+576|5969

Ilocano wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

... pics.

Agreed. But if you want a cheaper one, you can look at the mid-towers from Corsair - they have excellent cable management and some of them are large enough to almost qualify as full ATX towers inside. Or you can get the NZXT Phantom: the inside is very similar to Panzer's and costs a great deal less.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6295|Graz, Austria

Camm wrote:

1kW PSU
I haven't even breached the 500W barrier.
Still using my 470W Be quiet Blackline PSU from 2005.

Granted, I have a single, low powered, silent GPU, an AMD Athlon II X4 640 and only one HDD.
Also, only 120mm fans on the CPU and in the case for low noise purposes.
I guess for my next setup I might finally use water cooling, as that'll decrease noise even more, while still being able to use full power GPUs.

Oh, there are even water cooled PSUs...
But that price!
http://koolance.com/1000w-liquid-cooled-power-supply
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

globefish23 wrote:

Camm wrote:

1kW PSU

Granted, I have a single, low powered, silent GPU, an AMD Athlon II X4 640 and only one HDD.
I guess for my next setup I might finally use water cooling, as that'll decrease noise even more, while still being able to use full power GPUs.

But that price!
Got the PSU free haha!

How the fuck were you playing BF3 on that rig?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6295|Graz, Austria

Camm wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Camm wrote:

1kW PSU

But that price!
Got the PSU free haha!

How the fuck were you playing BF3 on that rig?
I'm still playing it quite fine.
1920x1080 and most settings at medium.
I have 8GB of 1033Hz DDR RAM and the HD5770 has 1GB.
I get around 35fps with that.

Not the best and I will soon hit the barrier where the newest games will be unplayable at that resolution.
Computer_Guy
+54|6668
https://i49.tinypic.com/2wc01v9.jpg

https://i46.tinypic.com/2zqqyde.png

Upgraded
All my watercooling tubes are off now since I had to move my videocards up a slot, looks bad now. I didn't really want to adjust it since I didn't have any spare coolant nor was it time to change it.

3770k @ 4.7Ghz 1.3v
Maximus V Extreme
16gb DDR3 1866 Corsair
3x 7970 reference flashed to GHz edition
3x Intel SSD Raid 0
3x 1920x1200 Monitors + 1080p extended

Absolutely thrashed my old 920's score in 3dmark vantage, but that was with 3x 5870s
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4450612
Benzin
+576|5969
holy fuck
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
Part of a build for my dad:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8216/8333371160_e5b40afc03_z.jpg
Asus H77 by -Whiteroom-, on Flickr

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8217/8332312373_d537bfcab7_z.jpg
Asus H77 itx by -Whiteroom-, on Flickr