FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

gurdeep wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I'm sure there's another team out there in the top 5 that could have given Bama a better game.
keep telling yourself that
I'm fairly comfortable with that, after watching every BCS + almost every other bowl game. Plus, I'm not an SEC fanboi, required by law to follow the herd and reject the thought of any non-SEC team competing for anything.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
blahblahblahblah

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

I figured they would.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Game was utter boredom, as predicted. I tried watching it while working out, but it failed to provide any interest.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

gurdeep wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I'm sure there's another team out there in the top 5 that could have given Bama a better game.
keep telling yourself that

gurdeep wrote:

blahblahblahblah

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
great counter to feos' claims
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
proof is in the pudding
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
That game sucked, they need a playoff system in college football. Deal with it and your SEC bias.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

+1 would work for me
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

Roc18 wrote:

That game sucked, they need a playoff system in college football. Deal with it and your SEC bias.
>implying i dont want a playoff lol

theres no bias about it. its a fucking fact that has been proven time and time again. sec > all
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
It's far from a fact that the SEC is better than other conferences. Only two of your six consecutive championships were free of serious reservations.

2006: Obviously Florida was better than Ohio State
2007: Needed injury to Dennis Dixon and West Virginia's upset to for LSU to backdoor its way into a home game
2008: Florida get in over USC despite having a worse loss
2009: Alabama's victory is meaningless due to the Colt McCoy injury
2010: Auburn needed serious assistance from the referees to win by a last second field goal
2011: SEC played SEC, which proves nothing about how the SEC stands in relation to other conferences

Also, Georgia is surprisingly absent from the list of teams who played in these championship games. Do you so vehemently parrot the pro-SEC rhetoric to compensate for the inadequacies of your own team?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOSBALLL??

let's kick off a season with a Cougs vs BYU game. if you guys know anything about college football you know the Cougs will beat BYU by at least 50 points.

if you know anything.

anything

anything
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I just realized that 'Cougs vs BYU' is a dumb way of putting it. Well fuck you, you know what I mean.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
well fuck
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517
at least this did not happen to you
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
True. Shame too it was a decent return.

Also doesn't really matter cause as soon as he touches it, it's dead there.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

fucking fans. on the bright side, 0/3 for the winning field goal - gg byu kicker

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/byu_utah_panties.gif
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

USC, preseason #1, scores 51 and loses.

https://i.imgur.com/A7DPj.jpg

Bama hangs on to beat LSU, and in the "are you kidding me" Game of the Day, the Irish beat Pitt in triple OT

who are we forgetting? oh yeah, that perennial powerhouse Kansas State beats #24 OK State to stay in it.

don't worry, the BCS will fuck this one up somehow . . .
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
did the 49'ers win yet?
I know fucking karate
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

they have a bye this week
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
If the title game ends up being Bama vs Notre Dame I'm gonna burn the NCAA headquarters down. The people that rank ND 2nd need to be corralled into a large pit and shot.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I don't understand the NCAA and the way they exert their control over schools. When they levy fines and punishments such as removal from postseason play, they're hurting the students more than they're hurting the school overall. Most of these multi-year infractions seem to be caused by people who aren't even at the schools anymore. They're punishing the innocent in almost every single case. Dunno why no one calls them out on it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Students can quit and go to different schools and often they do, just look at Penn State. Schools lose incredible amounts of money, directly via people not showing up to watch the games because they don't really matter (with no postseason play) and indirectly with the amount of prestige they lose, first for being in the spotlight as cheating, second for losing good players who know they have no future with that school. Imagine if your schools team was comprised entirely of 2nd string players. No good season + crappy recruiting for next season.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

pirana6 wrote:

If the title game ends up being Bama vs Notre Dame I'm gonna burn the NCAA headquarters down. The people that rank ND 2nd need to be corralled into a large pit and shot.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

Students can quit and go to different schools and often they do, just look at Penn State. Schools lose incredible amounts of money, directly via people not showing up to watch the games because they don't really matter (with no postseason play) and indirectly with the amount of prestige they lose, first for being in the spotlight as cheating, second for losing good players who know they have no future with that school. Imagine if your schools team was comprised entirely of 2nd string players. No good season + crappy recruiting for next season.
Sure, they can transfer, but why should they have to? Would you want to leave all of your friends behind or get off track with your degree just because some idiot in the Athletic Department did some shady stuff? I'm sorry, but punishing the kids on the field for stuff that happens off of it is retarded. The NCAA is ass-backwards on just about everything.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

If someone is going to school for athletics to the point they are mulling transferring after sanctions, most likely they weren't too interested in making friends or getting off track with their degree. I tend to agree re: the NCAA, just not with your reasoning.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard