Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_052506

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll restart my servers after 2PM PST.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6671|Denver, CO
Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.
wtf does that mean??? any statpadding redirections??? in your windows HOSTS file... ???
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6660|Austin, TX

To EA: Test your shit before releasing it!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6686|Howell, Mi USA
EA Games: if it aint broke, fix it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6574|MANCHESTERRR

Cbass wrote:

thats the best discription ever.
l41e
+677|6640

EA Games: If it's broke, wait 5 months before fixing it.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6635|England
My Gawd, you forgot the quotation marks to denote a hint of sarcasm/false statement/fixing as in totally screwing up our shit....
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6585|Houston, TX

INCSOC wrote:

wtf does that mean??? any statpadding redirections??? in your windows HOSTS file... ???
This basically means if you changed your BF2.exe name to something else as well as your shortcut you will need to change them back...Boris wrote something on this awhile ago.
CTDs...Omgz next thing we know EA will be giving us STDs!
Hyper
Banned
+154|6743

k1LLr_M wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

This basically means if you changed your BF2.exe name to something else as well as your shortcut you will need to change them back...Boris wrote something on this awhile ago.
CTDs...Omgz next thing we know EA will be giving us STDs!
actually i do beleive that this refers to the changing of the ip adress in your host file ( for ranking info)
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_052506

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA
ZOMFGz!A!1w111!

EA Li573nz t00 t3h c0m00nit33!!! Wtfz0rz!?1/1

^^ ^ ^ ^^^ ^^

that is the kind of thing the whiners are thinking right now.
even then.. they'll still complain about something...

as for me.. thats the only BF2 1.3 problem I had fixed
so if you excuse me.. i'm off to Wake Island for a Pina Colada on the Beach (in the little bunker tiki bar )
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
So that means they're gonna fix this without any new 1.31-patch or small hot-fix?
And then they expect all the serverbrowser problems and server crashes to be gone??

Lol,keep your fingers crossed...
T0rr3nt
+54|6569|Michigan

duk0r wrote:

lol a fucking men!
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway

T0rr3nt wrote:

duk0r wrote:

lol a fucking men!
who are you talking about fucking men?! that's just weird...

I believe you mean a-fucking-men...
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6726|Singapore
What does that mean? Revert to 1.22?
Hurricane
Banned

No. It just means that EA is fixing something regarding the GameSpy servers, and that server owners should restart their servers after 2PM PDT.
spawnofthemist
Banned

Ayumiz wrote:

What does that mean? Revert to 1.22?
Negatory

EA (yes this time it WAS EA kids ) messed up the way the servers were being reported to the client (you and I). They are reverting their method of server data transfer (player numbers / ping / game statistics) back to how it used to be..

No patching on your behalf is required.. They're just saying sorry in their roundabout way..

GG EA

EDIT:
---------
*[Executioner got in before me.. grr ]*

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-05-25 16:29:33)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6726|Singapore
So, i should just patch to 1.3 and leave it for EA to do the job?
spawnofthemist
Banned

Ayumiz wrote:

So, i should just patch to 1.3 and leave it for EA to do the job?
yep

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-05-25 16:30:36)

Hurricane
Banned

EA already did "the job". Now server admins just need to restart their servers.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
I was having major ctd problems, did the full patch & it seems fine.
Nice to see the jerks properly beta tested it, wtf they have working on this now 10th grade computer class?

After I finally fixed the ctd issue, I played 2 rounds & then my mouse for 3 years gave out on me, GRRRRR!
So instead of a nice relaxing night after work I had to put up with this shit, excuse the language.
https://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:d33HvrMn1vDWFM:https://www.downforwardpunch.com/henryart/color/Angry_ManC.jpghttps://eastore.ea.com/images/us//global/globalnav/brand_eagames.gifhttps://images.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/common/dice.gif

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-05-26 00:15:51)

Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6693|Australia

k30dxedle wrote:

EA Games: If its broke, break it more so they buy the sequel
coreinflames
+12|6636
my goodness you guys will complain about anything,  Ea might even sing you a song someday -   
Cry me a River O teary eyes...

+1 me for honesty

Sounds to me like they gonna fix the reason of why  i am able to clean my apartment b4 my bf2 finally loads, which could be consider'd a good or a bad thing.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria

k30dxedle wrote:

ha-ha-ha, so true!
Anyway, now we wait for 1.31 hotfix! and then 1.32 and 1.33 !!!!!
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6620|Floriduh

PoP wrote:

Cbass wrote:

thats the best discription ever.
Nono, "If it aint broke, fix it until it is."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard