Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

is a few days away.

Thoughts? Are you going to upgrade? Used anything with it on pre release? etc.

I'm going to be buying a new gaming laptop soon. So I guess I'm going to be stuck with it?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Already running it on my laptop and in the form of Server 2012 on my server. Used to the metro start menu now. Storage Spaces is pretty neat.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
Using it now. Not a fucking thing works. Back to 7 tonight.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
lol
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
As I've gone over many times, I have it running on both my main PC(Enterprise x64 90-day trial) and my ThinkPad X61 Tablet(Release Preview x64) and plan to buy an upgrade to 8 Pro for both.

It made everything run faster on both and I've come to get used to the new layout of things as time goes on.  I actually like the tiles apps too although I don't see myself adding too many other ones.

I can't wait to see how it runs on the SSD I have for the ThinkPad, I used the hard drive just to try Windows 8 out on it and the SSD is sitting aside with 7 still on it

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-23 00:54:54)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Camm wrote:

man how does microsoft get away with releasing a product that doesnt even work? surprised you could post on bf2s if nothing even works
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

I've seen on them innernets people say (and others then confirm) that Windows 8 has no desktop environment and cannot run your old programs.

Please keep uninformed bullshit away from this one guys. Your inane disinformation spews out into the real world and now I have to persuade people Vista hasn't been sold for 3 years every week.

Windows 8/RT/WP8 is fine, if they pull this shit off it'll be a force to be reckoned with.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Cheez wrote:

I've seen on them innernets people say (and others then confirm) that Windows 8 has no desktop environment and cannot run your old programs.

Please keep uninformed bullshit away from this one guys. Your inane disinformation spews out into the real world and now I have to persuade people Vista hasn't been sold for 3 years every week.

Windows 8/RT/WP8 is fine, if they pull this shit off it'll be a force to be reckoned with.
windows 8 doesnt even work the os ships and nothing even works with it cant use mouse no keyboard support it doesnt even work
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I can't find the start menu.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

Mutantbear wrote:

Camm wrote:

man how does microsoft get away with releasing a product that doesnt even work? surprised you could post on bf2s if nothing even works
Once comparability issues for games get ironed out it'll be great. As an OS it's very fucking fast, just having an issue with some games I play.

Also my keyboard doesn't have a windows key. Start menu is a pain to use without windows key.

It's a good OS, and ill def upgrade once everything I use is compatible.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
What is in the place of your windows key? Also, right click in the bottom left corner.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I love the base app updates they're coming out with.  There's a lot less errors, everything works and the apps respond much faster when opened or switched to.  Lots of new features too like cloud support in the music app

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-23 12:52:24)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359

pirana6 wrote:

Camm wrote:

my keyboard doesn't have a windows key.
What is in the place of your windows key?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/cammskeyboard.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Mutantbear wrote:

Camm wrote:

people like to whine
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
'good' Microsoft OS always skip a generation
'good' meaning less buggy
so not touching it
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
It's out now in all but the US timezones
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
MS always fuck up every second version of Windows so I'm just going to wait for the successor of Win8.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

It's almost like clockwork, too.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
How much longer do I have to buy a new Dell before they cut Windows 7 completely?

That or when will Win 9 be out to unclusterfuck Win 8?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
They're probably just selling off old stock by this point
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Dilbert_X wrote:

How much longer do I have to buy a new Dell before they cut Windows 7 completely?

That or when will Win 9 be out to unclusterfuck Win 8?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

Jaekus wrote:

MS always fuck up every second version of Windows so I'm just going to wait for the successor of Win8.
This
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Windows 8 Pro digital upgrade's $39 from MS if you're interested (though I'm not). Been seeing a lot of driver issues around the net for it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Yeah I got that offer emailed to me.

Think I'll stick with 7.

Only thing I like with 8 is when copying files you're given more detail about the speed and you can pause at any time.

If you pull out the USB while copying by accident, its.automatically paused and can be restarted from where you left.

Other than that....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard