Spent money on Prometheus.

fwp
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5981|Toronto

_j5689_ wrote:

TSI wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

That's what I read, somebody on the Crown Vic forums said the rubber is formulated differently for winter tires to purposely not heat up as much as all-seasons so they won't melt snow/ice and make traction worse.

One of the first things I plan to do anyway is complete the set of tires I have now, I have year old BF Goodrich all seasons on the rear and then I still have the awful Walmart Continentals on the front that came on the rear with the car when I bought it(caused me a shitload of trouble when they were installed in the rear) so I'll have nice fresh tires on the back and reasonably new ones on the front.
The rubber is different, to stay somewhat flexible at tempteratures near or below freezing. All seasons/summers just freeze, and provide a lot less grip. (Basically, picture driving with wooden tires. They get that kind of traction when frozen).

If you get new tires, ALWAYS put them on the front. It does the steering and 60-80% of the braking of the car. Same with snows. Even if the car is RWD, putting better tires in front will reduce your chances of losing control.
Why are tire companies required to always put the newest tires in the rear though?  That's how they did it on mine and there was a sign on the wall saying they are required to do it by default.

I assume it's because old rear tires are usually going to have more tread and grip left than old front tires if they have to re-use one pair or the other since the fronts are always going to be turning and doing stuff no matter if the car is FWD or RWD and therefore more worn down.
That's about the strangest thing I've ever heard of...seems like the shop wants people to come back sooner, maybe?
I like pie.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
You don't just get a new set?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
At the time, my bad alignment had worn away the inside wall of the front left tire to the point where you could see the metal skeleton of the tire and it could no longer hold air at all.  I had no money so my dad bought me a new pair just to replace the front ones.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-17 11:24:29)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
This thread has rambled on about the same boring topic for far too long.

/fwp
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Yeah take the car talk to another thread please. I'm judt going to delete future posts about it so don't waste your efforts in here.

Deleting posts is a fwp. Handing out bans is a fw
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

fucker. next you'll be telling us we can't drunk post.

/fwp

Last edited by 13urnzz (2012-10-17 16:06:37)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America

13urnzz wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

fucker. next you'll be telling us we can't drunk post.

/fwp
Shoot, might as well kick burnzy off the forums if that bomb hits. LOL
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389

modzi wrote:

Handing out bans is a fw
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
This is one of those nights where I get really depressed with how my life isn't going anywhere yet and I can't take care of business because I have so much anxiety about having to keep dealing with people and their shit.

Mostly the getting a job stuff still.  It just takes a lot out of me, that interview made me nervous as shit and I couldn't help feeling like I fucked myself in it and that that's all I'll ever do in them because there's so much pressure to do well on that one little fucking thing based on how you phrase your answer right or how you say it.  I'm also worried about going back to college, I think it was a spur of the moment thing, I'm just not ready to go back and bullshit my way through it like last time worrying about about my mom seeing my barely-passing grades again and bitching at me for it inevitably, it just makes me feel sick.  Everything feels stuck and it's so hard to build up the drive to keep going.  Maybe I'm just in the longest rut ever or something

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-17 23:53:42)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

had 2/6 condoms break on me tonight.  wtf durex, 33% breakage rate is not acceptable
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

_j5689_ wrote:

This is one of those nights where I get really depressed with how my life isn't going anywhere yet and I can't take care of business because I have so much anxiety about having to keep dealing with people and their shit.

Mostly the getting a job stuff still.  It just takes a lot out of me, that interview made me nervous as shit and I couldn't help feeling like I fucked myself in it and that that's all I'll ever do inb them because there's so much pressure to do well on that one little fucking thing based on how you phrase your answer right or how you say it.  I'm also worried about going back to college, I think it was a spur of the moment thing, I'm just not ready to go back and bullshit my way through it like last time worrying about about my mom seeing my barely-passing grades again and bitching at me for it inevitably, it just makes me feel sick.  Everything feels stuck and it's so hard to build up the drive to keep going.  Maybe I'm just in the longest rut ever or something
If having interviews gives you anxiety, just go for a few interviews where you wouldn't accept the job or don't care if you get it. See how they are with no pressure, get used to anwsering the questions, and then you should be able to handle the important ones better. Confidence counts.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-10-18 01:10:14)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

Winston_Churchill wrote:

had 2/6 condoms break on me tonight.  wtf durex, 33% breakage rate is not acceptable
https://i.imgur.com/ob5fl.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Winston_Churchill wrote:

so only 4 guys got to shove their dick up your ass?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I've never had one break. How does that even happen?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

max wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

He sucks in bed and she wasn't wet enough.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

AussieReaper wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

so only 4 guys got to shove their dick up your ass?
heyyyyooooooooooooooooooooo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

max wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

wrong size (usually too big rather than too small), not enough lube. Uh... jackhammer sex? v0v
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

i really have no idea, ive been using the same kind for a while now and never had one break. she was definitely wet, i think i just got a bad batch or something.  maybe it was just me accidentally ripping it when i opened it? bit paranoid now though

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2012-10-18 16:47:00)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Question:

When do you realise it's broke? Half way through or afterwards?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

uhh the first time i noticed after, the time after that i noticed it at some point during.
CC-Marley
+407|6829

Winston_Churchill wrote:

use lube
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Or double wrap that shit.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

condoms cant break if you dont use them
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Thanks,.hurricane

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard