_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Yeah, I'm surprised it's not required in other far Northern areas tbh.  Every person on other forums who had them made it sound like it makes a huge difference vs regular all-seasons if you do live in a place that gets dumped on.  It seems like it's like driving a regular car again until you hit ice, lol.  Some have said it even makes a difference on that when it happens

Some people run studded tires and say they're even more amazing but I think those are illegal in a lot of places(such as New York) because they fuck up the roads, my state's roads are awful already so I hope they actually are illegal here

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-10-16 14:50:42)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
Medi-cal is retarded and a pain in the ass to get anything done. Apparently I filled the form out wrong and instead of saying I get 400 a month I said I get 800 and they want me to pay $74 to share expenses. This all dates back to April and the system is slow as hell in trying to fix things. Gotta prove to them my current salary. So many numbers to call with retarded automated call centers instead of a regular human being.

edit: I don't even need this crap. I've only once had to go to the hospital for anything I'm totally healthy. Health insurance is bullshit unless you get sick a lot and even then you don't often need to see a doctor.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-10-16 15:16:12)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
Getting dark around 5:30 pm here now. Not enough lights in my place to paint. Forced to surf the net all evening. fwp
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Health insurance is bullshit unless you get sick a lot and even then you don't often need to see a doctor.
pure gold
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Kampframmer wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Health insurance is bullshit unless you get sick a lot and even then you don't often need to see a doctor.
pure gold
like those dudes that get cancer

they don't need to see a doctor much!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
Yeah it's only useful for that crap. I know mom's who bring their kids to the doctor all the freaking time when the kid gets a little sick. Why dish out hundreds or thousands of dollars over the year for health insurance when you don't really need to.

I only see it being useful in case of some terrible accident where you're hospitalized or if you get a cancer or something. Just pisses me off cause I don't want to do all this paperwork when I'm perfectly healthy.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Just pisses me off cause I don't want to do all this paperwork when I'm perfectly healthy.
Apart from the mental retardation.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
I just got an e-mail from one of those activist groups saying that Verizon data-mines its customers, fucked up shyt
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Medi-Cal?  And you are paying?

Do you qualify for Medi-Cal benefits?

If you are enrolled in one of the following programs, you can get Medi-Cal:
-SSI/SSP
-CalWorks (AFDC)
-Refugee Assistance
-Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program

You can also get Medi-Cal if you are:
-65 or older
-Blind
-Disabled
-Under 21
-Pregnant
-In a skilled nursing or intermediate care home
-On refugee status for a limited time, depending how long you have been in the United States
-A parent or caretaker relative or a child under 21 if:
     The child's parent is deceased or doesn't live with the child, or
     The child's parent is incapacitated, or
     The child's parent is under employed or unemployed

-Have been screened for breast and/or cervical cancer (Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program)
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
disabled probably applies to you too though so don't lose hope!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

_j5689_ wrote:

I just got an e-mail from one of those activist groups saying that Verizon data-mines its customers, fucked up shyt
every company does that.

shit everything you buy gets tracked

http://www.veda.com.au/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

bf2s tracks you...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Donfuck sells studded tires, we should get him to chime in

FWP: so used to hearing mangled english I originally typed 'chimp in' above

My favorites so far-
Chimp in instead of chime in or chip in
Wolume or woice instead of volume/voice
Pirate run instead of pilot run
Niga (that in mandarin)

I will update this as I remember or hear new ones
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma
Trackr used to..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Donfuck sells studded tires, we should get him to chime in

FWP: so used to hearing mangled english I originally typed 'chimp in' above

My favorites so far-
Chimp in instead of chime in or chip in
Wolume or woice instead of volume/voice
Pirate run instead of pilot run
Niga (that in mandarin)

I will update this as I remember or hear new ones
Where do you hear such bad english?  All the fob Africans I know on Facebook type like they're texting, it's literally one of the stupidest looking things I've ever seen
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5981|Toronto

_j5689_ wrote:

That's what I read, somebody on the Crown Vic forums said the rubber is formulated differently for winter tires to purposely not heat up as much as all-seasons so they won't melt snow/ice and make traction worse.

One of the first things I plan to do anyway is complete the set of tires I have now, I have year old BF Goodrich all seasons on the rear and then I still have the awful Walmart Continentals on the front that came on the rear with the car when I bought it(caused me a shitload of trouble when they were installed in the rear) so I'll have nice fresh tires on the back and reasonably new ones on the front.
The rubber is different, to stay somewhat flexible at tempteratures near or below freezing. All seasons/summers just freeze, and provide a lot less grip. (Basically, picture driving with wooden tires. They get that kind of traction when frozen).

If you get new tires, ALWAYS put them on the front. It does the steering and 60-80% of the braking of the car. Same with snows. Even if the car is RWD, putting better tires in front will reduce your chances of losing control.
I like pie.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma
really having trouble switching off to go to sleep recently. Earlies in 4 days. eek.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Kampframmer wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

pure gold
Explains why shifty wants to vote for romney.

Hey you don't need car insurance, unless like you crash a lot.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

_j5689_ wrote:

I don't have to, it's obvious you're either missing a few things because they weren't taught to you or you just didn't pick them up.  Homeschooling is just not efficient at all, public schooling obviously isn't the best kind of schooling in the world but it's at least held to standards to make sure everybody's on a pretty similar level and reasonably ready for college(or trades or other paths), and it has people who are specifically trained to do it who are doing it in an environment built specifically for it.  It's just common sense that it's a better education than home schooling

My cousin was homeschooled and she was dumb as a rock for the longest time until the last few years of college seemed to have woken her up
So you are going by just 2 people you've meet to make an opinion? Congrats. I thought your superior education would let you know better than that.

Last edited by War Man (2012-10-16 16:10:49)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
Have you not heard of conflict of interest when it comes to grading?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Cybargs wrote:

Have you not heard of conflict of interest when it comes to grading?
he gets extra credit for washing the dishes
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
School has a big social aspect. The only reason you would get home schooled is because your parents were social retards and they want you to be socially retarded too.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

TSI wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

That's what I read, somebody on the Crown Vic forums said the rubber is formulated differently for winter tires to purposely not heat up as much as all-seasons so they won't melt snow/ice and make traction worse.

One of the first things I plan to do anyway is complete the set of tires I have now, I have year old BF Goodrich all seasons on the rear and then I still have the awful Walmart Continentals on the front that came on the rear with the car when I bought it(caused me a shitload of trouble when they were installed in the rear) so I'll have nice fresh tires on the back and reasonably new ones on the front.
The rubber is different, to stay somewhat flexible at tempteratures near or below freezing. All seasons/summers just freeze, and provide a lot less grip. (Basically, picture driving with wooden tires. They get that kind of traction when frozen).

If you get new tires, ALWAYS put them on the front. It does the steering and 60-80% of the braking of the car. Same with snows. Even if the car is RWD, putting better tires in front will reduce your chances of losing control.
Why are tire companies required to always put the newest tires in the rear though?  That's how they did it on mine and there was a sign on the wall saying they are required to do it by default.

I assume it's because old rear tires are usually going to have more tread and grip left than old front tires if they have to re-use one pair or the other since the fronts are always going to be turning and doing stuff no matter if the car is FWD or RWD and therefore more worn down.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Opened eight deleted posts on this page. Evening ruined.

fwp
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

TSI wrote:

That's also the reason why it's a bad idea to use winter tires too long into spring, as they get much softer in warm temperatures and wear of much faster.
Also, you can even have worse traction since wheelspin can occur earlier.

Furthermore, winter tires have a different tread pattern, which is better suited for snow and slush, as opposed to summer tires which are suited for rain.

Here in Austria, it's mandatory to have tires with more than 5mm tread depth from November till March, while it's 3mm minimum the rest of the year, and will be fined.
Certain tread patterns or rubber compounds are not required here, but no one sells anything else anyway.
Also, if you cause an accident in winter without winter tires, you'll immediately be partially liable.

"Winter rims" would be the less expensive ones, that you don't care for when they're abrased by road salt or gravel.
Although, aluminium rims, while more expensive than steel ones, don't rust in those conditions.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard