Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

RAIMIUS wrote:

You know, this place used to have some reasoned debates.
What happened?
apparently the *most important issues* are the life qualifications and choices of jay/dilbert/uzique/macbeth/rdx/ar/spark (delete as necessary)

but seriously it is mainly just that we lost heaps of guys.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4521|at your six

RAIMIUS wrote:

What happened?
Mods began picking sides based on ideology and punishing those based not on behavior but on the content of their thoughts.
Ruined the vibe and chased many of the best members out.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4325

A2TG2 wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

What happened?
Mods began picking sides based on ideology and punishing those based not on behavior but on the content of their thoughts.
aye
What are you looking at dicknose
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

one example of mods picking sides and punishing people for their ideology?  That's some revisionist bullshit.  Most people who posted in DST quit posting because of the other people here, not the mods.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

one example of mods picking sides and punishing people for their ideology?  That's some revisionist bullshit.  Most people who posted in DST quit posting because of the other people here, not the mods.
I think berni's ban hammer caused a lot of people to leave.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

The mods were ridiculously liberal with the perm bans back in the day. ThomasMorgan banned a friend and I from the forum when we got into a one page argument with someone over stat padding in the BF2 section. You guys treated members like they were disposable while at the same time wanting everyone to respect your position like this shit mattered.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

Macbeth wrote:

The mods were ridiculously liberal with the perm bans back in the day. ThomasMorgan banned a friend and I from the forum when we got into a one page argument with someone over stat padding in the BF2 section. You guys treated members like they were disposable while at the same time wanting everyone to respect your position like this shit mattered.
nothing's changed, is that what you*re saying?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5995|Vortex Ring State
has this been posted yet?

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2012-10-08 12:29:43)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6538|Texas - Bigger than France
Nah, at some point you just get tired of trolling/getting trolled.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4325

Macbeth wrote:

Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Trotskygrad wrote:

has this been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns
OPPA GANGNAM STYLE
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6710|Purplicious Wisconsin

RAIMIUS wrote:

What happened?
Too lazy to have any real debates. No point.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

Nothing could possibly go wrong here!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

War Man wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

What happened?
Too lazy to have any real debates. No point.
speak for yourself please. i don't think you would know what a real debate looked like - we certainly haven't had one in the U.S. in the last week.
month.
year.
decade.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

Frank Reynolds wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

What happened?
aye
Certain people were allowed a free run to turn debates, and chat forums, into spam and personal-attack fests.
You can deny it if you like, and I'll fill a page with your historical spam and personal attacks.

I'm not saying I haven't done that lately but thats where the rot set in.

Probably this forum is too old, people know each other too well, and there's not much left to discuss.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Frank Reynolds
+65|4325

Dilbert_X wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

aye
Certain people were allowed a free run to turn debates, and chat forums, into spam and personal-attack fests.
You can deny it if you like, and I'll fill a page with your historical spam and personal attacks.

I'm not saying I haven't done that lately but thats where the rot set in.

Probably this forum is too old, people know each other too well, and there's not much left to discuss.
and i was given bans for all those attacks....cannot say the same for some certain people.  thats the point, dogbert.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6385

Jay wrote:

people should vote Romney
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Jay wrote:

people should vote Romney
I should jam shards of glass into my ears.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD
I thought he was voting for Johnson
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/mitt-romney.jpg
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4521|at your six

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Too bad the other folks here can't see the crap that was posted in the mod section to see who is revisionary.

I was in particular annoyed with the way Lowing was treated and the way some of the blatantly liberal mods singled people like him and other conservatives out. There was favoritism, like really nasty and abusive members like a certain usmarine got away with murder because he was looked on with favor for some mysterious reason.

I bowed out because I was investing too much emotion in this place, and I didn't feel like most of the mods were people I would want to have a beer with and frankly got bored with the same people saying the same things in the dst debates and the crying and bitching of those who did get moderated, justified or not. Why am I here now? Boredom. Nostalgia. There were some people I did meet and did feel like I enjoyed irl and some who's I keep an eye on just because I considered them my prodigies, or whatever.

I noticed the forums to be a microcosm of society and watched how some became high and mighty with their petty power, and some peons ingratiated themselves in front of long time members as if this place was something.

Also Ken, the mods are the users. So you as a user are part of what ran many people away. You were not the worst of what bf2s was, but you were mostly an annoying little pissant with a misplaced sense of self worth. You were capable of good arguments from time to time but just came across as a ass.

Beings as I wasn't here during the Great Decline of BF2s.COM where the site lost 90% of its active users I cannot be held responsible. That can't be said for you. Ken.

I think that as less people care, and the site as flatlined there has been less interaction on the esteemed staffs part, which makes the whole think more tolerable.

Last edited by A2TG2 (2012-10-10 20:31:28)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

Not the time or place dude.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

I agree with ATG.

The mods showed favouritism to the liberals on this site, none more so than the incredibly left leaning usmarine.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5175|Sydney

A2TG2 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Too bad the other folks here can't see the crap that was posted in the mod section to see who is revisionary.

I was in particular annoyed with the way Lowing was treated and the way some of the blatantly liberal mods singled people like him and other conservatives out. There was favoritism, like really nasty and abusive members like a certain usmarine got away with murder because he was looked on with favor for some mysterious reason.

I bowed out because I was investing too much emotion in this place, and I didn't feel like most of the mods were people I would want to have a beer with and frankly got bored with the same people saying the same things in the dst debates and the crying and bitching of those who did get moderated, justified or not. Why am I here now? Boredom. Nostalgia. There were some people I did meet and did feel like I enjoyed irl and some who's I keep an eye on just because I considered them my prodigies, or whatever.

I noticed the forums to be a microcosm of society and watched how some became high and mighty with their petty power, and some peons ingratiated themselves in front of long time members as if this place was something.

Also Ken, the mods are the users. So you as a user are part of what ran many people away. You were not the worst of what bf2s was, but you were mostly an annoying little pissant with a misplaced sense of self worth. You were capable of good arguments from time to time but just came across as a ass.

Beings as I wasn't here during the Great Decline of BF2s.COM where the site lost 90% of its active users I cannot be held responsible. That can't be said for you. Ken.

I think that as less people care, and the site as flatlined there has been less interaction on the esteemed staffs part, which makes the whole think more tolerable.
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Varegg used to get into arguments with lowing, flame him, and then ban him. He did the same thing with me once. He called me stupid in a thread and I told him to go fuck himself. Then I get a PM saying he was going to ban me for a month if I didn't delete my post. I ended up getting banned for a month once I didn't delete my post like a child.

Seriously, what the fuck kind of modding is that? Threatening to ban someone if they don't cower and delete their post like a kid is really abusive. Petty little bitch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard