Brasso
+1,549|6600

thats cause i won the thread
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
With a compound bow? lulz
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I should get out my bow

Won me a national field archery championship :smug:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/550630_10151224090220661_1296873327_n.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Im gonna get me a blow up cod piece like he has.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Jaekus wrote:

With a compound bow? lulz
well come on what else is there
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Well I thought my signed Tool poster was a pretty good entry, considering it was the best out of the 100 in existence of that particular one.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I suppose shifty's Nazi Crockery could probably get a mention. Not sure if it's 'cool' though.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
i should get eins boot

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Wayfarers
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
icecold2510
+31|6264
my evo x
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
Probably my Washburn HB-30.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

icecold2510 wrote:

my evo x
picss
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
as of next week/two weeks, this:

https://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/Xone_92_3Q-fb904878b7ce5b693b45993266f1f439.jpg

fucking b e a u t y
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

aynrandroolz wrote:

fucking b e a u t y
I am just too poor to get into mixing. Sure, I may be able to afford some basic equipment, but I could never keep up with the cost of vinyl. I dislike using CDs to mix based on my few experiences with a friend's set-up.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Pochsy wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

fucking b e a u t y
I am just too poor to get into mixing. Sure, I may be able to afford some basic equipment, but I could never keep up with the cost of vinyl. I dislike using CDs to mix based on my few experiences with a friend's set-up.
i know what you mean... though i am selling my gaming pc to finance that mixer (it's pretty much the same price as as a mid-high end gaming pc).

vinyl though is a serious vice... i love it to death, but if you're dj'ing on vinyl - i.e. buying dance singles and ep's, rather than albums - then you're paying $12-15 a pop for 2-5 songs. some dance ep's only have an a-side. that's a brutal price:use ratio, especially considering most bedroom dj's will never get the opportunity to take those vinyl out and actually play them. it's just a pure love/hobbyist thing, i guess.

and yeah i totally agree with cd-j mixing. in my view, either you're going the analogue route or you're going digital. if analogue, then yes, get a purist analogue-signal mixer (see above) and play vinyl. enjoy warm lovely analogue tones. if you're going the digital route, why bother getting expensive cd-j's, and have to endure the tedious process of burning all of the mp3's you download to cd? digital is digital. may as well get an mp3 controller that can just play your downloaded loot directly. a flac/wav/320 mp3 ripped to a cd is not going to sound any better than the file just played straight off a hard-drive. that's why i mostly use this workhorse, outputting 24-bit 96k audio, which is as good as any digital source is going to get really.

https://blog.editorskeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/NI-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-S4_controller-3.png

but yeah, i'm onto the analogue-purist phase now. people go on and on about the sound, but the audio quality/signature of vinyl really is gorgeous. pair that with a top-end analogue mixer and even just the prospect of it makes me want to cream myself. going to be surfing on sine waves.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-10-07 10:21:17)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6206|Uk
its depressing that i cant think of anything for this thread
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

aynrandroolz wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

fucking b e a u t y
i know what you mean... though i am selling my gaming pc to finance that mixer (it's pretty much the same price as as a mid-high end gaming pc).

vinyl though is a serious vice... i love it to death, but if you're dj'ing on vinyl - i.e. buying dance singles and ep's, rather than albums - then you're paying $12-15 a pop for 2-5 songs. some dance ep's only have an a-side. that's a brutal price:use ratio, especially considering most bedroom dj's will never get the opportunity to take those vinyl out and actually play them. it's just a pure love/hobbyist thing, i guess.

and yeah i totally agree with cd-j mixing. in my view, either you're going the analogue route or you're going digital. if analogue, then yes, get a purist analogue-signal mixer (see above) and play vinyl. enjoy warm lovely analogue tones. if you're going the digital route, why bother getting expensive cd-j's, and have to endure the tedious process of burning all of the mp3's you download to cd? digital is digital. may as well get an mp3 controller that can just play your downloaded loot directly. a flac/wav/320 mp3 ripped to a cd is not going to sound any better than the file just played straight off a hard-drive. that's why i mostly use this workhorse, outputting 24-bit 96k audio, which is as good as any digital source is going to get really.

but yeah, i'm onto the analogue-purist phase now. people go on and on about the sound, but the audio quality/signature of vinyl really is gorgeous. pair that with a top-end analogue mixer and even just the prospect of it makes me want to cream myself. going to be surfing on sine waves.
I hear ya. You pretty much feel the way I do in terms of the analogue-digital divide, and the overall favoring of vinyl, but I can see the value in using CDs to mix in only one narrow case: when you want to scribble and are unable to afford vinyl. I'm slowly coming to realize it may be my only entry point into what will be a hobby for me, and maybe once I'm hooked I'll have enough cash to buy some decent equipment and vinyl.

Congrats on the new purchase. Do you get into any small clubs in London, or is it mostly for your ears only and whoever is in the room?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i enjoy house parties and DIY put-on parties more - more control, you know the crowd, everyone's more disposed to have a good time.

though i've dj'd at student bars/clubs a few times, and generally gravitate in circles in the london clubscene that are behind the decks/organising the nights as often as on the dancefloor. to be honest i'm more into writing/criticism and the general 'scene' than i am dj'ing; i don't practice or do it enough. it's just a pleasurable thing to spend money on. i've never really looked at it as something to push and try to earn money / get bookings from. i enjoy the music and i enjoy playing it to likeminded friends/crowds. playing out at clubs turns it into a profession where you've got to go out of your way to please people you don't know. it's more difficult + less enjoyable to me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

mkxiii wrote:

nah, it just means you're not obsessive The coolest thing I own is probably my wedding band, the rest is just stuff that will get replaced over time.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

i have a couple of original photographs ww2 era of Hitler and Mussolini and the camera that took them
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I used to have all the medals my dad and grandpa's all earned but they got lost when i moved home from the army
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma

Jay wrote:

mkxiii wrote:

nah, it just means you're not obsessive The coolest thing I own is probably my wedding band, the rest is just stuff that will get replaced over time.
Only thing I can think of is my license. Something other people genuinely think is cool.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I forgot about all my war memrobelia.

I've got a bunch of medals from WWI, postcards from WWI France, a couple of steel helmets from the 40s-70s era, my grandfather's WWII navy knife, a medkit from 'nam, and some other misc stuff.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Macbeth wrote:

Actually probably

It's "The bitch" model. Sadly I bought it awhile ago and never learned to play so it just decoration.
also this
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/47545/gun.jpg
It is really dusty since I don't have it on display and keep it the same place I keep my sexuality. The trigger works. It is just a display item. It is too heavy and unbalanced to use as a weapon unfortunately.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard