dont_be_ss
+312|6749|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
Alot of people in my posts say i can see much further than them so i'm gunna tell you guys what settings i run the game on.After playing around with all of the graphics settings i have found a combination which enables you to see upto around 500m, i can now see people that are on the edge of the carrier! You need a pretty high end graphics card though. My settings are as follows:

display mode:1280x1024@60hz

terrain:high

effects:low

geometry:high

texture:high

lighting:high

dynamic shadows:off

dynamic light:high

aa:off

texture filtering:high

view scale:100%

This is what works best with my card, i might not have everything spot on, u guys have a fiddle and gimme some feedback!

Last edited by dont_be_ss (2006-05-25 09:43:01)

alpinestar
+304|6751|New York City baby.
you have aa off ? that kinda sucks
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6782|UK
what do you class as a 'high end' graphics card?
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6931|UK

liquidat0r wrote:

Onboard Graphics FTW!
dont_be_ss
mine is a ati x1900xtx 512mb
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6782|UK

dont_be_ss wrote:

i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine

liquidat0r wrote:

NVidia 6800 series and ATi 800 series will run those settings without a problem.
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine

liquidat0r wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
He has pretty much the best video card you can buy right now, lol. What kind of card you got, I'll tell ya if you can run it.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6998|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Carrier on what map? You can snipe the carrier on Dragon Valley with 75% view distance
dont_be_ss
wake island
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine

PBAsydney wrote:

Carrier on what map? You can snipe the carrier on Dragon Valley with 75% view distance
I'm assuming he means Wake.
Aardcore
+60|6868|USA, Arizona
does AA really do anything in BF2? I hear it just slows it down if you can't manage it and I dunno how my 9800 PRO could handle that even if I tried
buttered noodle
+16|6801|ohio

dont_be_ss wrote:

Alot of people in my posts say i can see much further than them so i'm gunna tell you guys what settings i run the game on.After playing around with all of the graphics settings i have found a combination which enables you to see upto around 500m, i can now see people that are on the edge of the carrier! You need a pretty high end graphics card though. My settings are as follows:

display mode:1280x1024@60hz

terrain:high

effects:low

geometry:high

texture:high

lighting:high

dynamic shadows:off

dynamic light:high

aa:off

texture filtering:high

view scale:100%

This is what works best with my card, i might not have everything spot on, u guys have a fiddle and gimme some feedback!
forgive my stupidity but what file do you cahnge to get your resolution to 1280 * 1024, b/c at least under settign for me im capped at 1024*768
buttered noodle
+16|6801|ohio

Aardcore wrote:

does AA really do anything in BF2? I hear it just slows it down if you can't manage it and I dunno how my 9800 PRO could handle that even if I tried
the AA really deos make everything look better but you prob wot notice as ur playing, i have it turned off but im able to to turn everything else to maximum that way. i have a vanilla 6800 256
Aardcore
+60|6868|USA, Arizona
hmmm, I dunno if I'd wanna risk everything looking better since I might not notice it, that and my comp might just slow down and get me killed LOL
ssonrats
+221|6800
My vid card stinks(6800gs), my choices:
low
low
low
low....

I might aswell plug in a block of cheese in the AGP port.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

ssonrats wrote:

low
low
low
low....

6800?? That's a all on high card dude...
Aardcore
+60|6868|USA, Arizona

ssonrats wrote:

low
low
low
low....

OMG gimme your card! LOL!
buttered noodle
+16|6801|ohio

ssonrats wrote:

low
low
low
low....

personally i think that your wasting the money you spent on that card, even if its a tuned down 6800
dont_be_ss
changing the lighting is what makes the most difference i think, because light shines on the infantry even at range so they are very easy to pick out. Try changing all the lighting to high it might add 50m+ to your viewing distance!
ssonrats
+221|6800
Yeah on 32 players it can handle all high with ease but on 64's i have to switch to low's and med's.

I do strive for better performance over quality so i prefer 50fps on low than 35 on high.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

dont_be_ss wrote:

changing the lighting is what makes the most difference i think, because light shines on the infantry even at range so they are very easy to pick out. Try changing all the lighting to high it might add 50m+ to your viewing distance!
Yes, and -50% framerate aswell
Roomaster
+15|6816
mine isnt very good at all:
Nvidia 6200 SE 256mb
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6877|Indianapolis, IN
hmm...
I have a vanilla 6800 with 256mb but all of my settings are as high as they go.  Then again when I snipe I can see about half that distance.

I will try fiddling around with it.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6894|Pakistan/England

ssonrats wrote:

Yeah on 32 players it can handle all high with ease but on 64's i have to switch to low's and med's.

I do strive for better performance over quality so i prefer 50fps on low than 35 on high.
ive been keeping an eye on my frame rate and on the city maps i get 25 - 30 FPS (64 player maps). I myself prefer quality so i dont want to change my settings (everythings on high).

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-25 10:03:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard