+5,830|6467

four things -

1) grip
2) aim
3) ball placement
4) tempo, rhythm

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/ball%20placement.jpg

you said grips ok
put your feet, toes inline with your aim (big line)
the less loft, the more you want it left. (D,3, 5W- 3,4 irons) Driver should always be teed, equal to left big toe.
mid irons (5,6,7) about the middle (thin line)
short irons/wedges - the more loft, the more towards your right big toe.

tempo - never swing for the fences, let the club do the work. count 1 (back swing) pause 2 (downswing). if your still too fast, count
1 (back swing) 2 (pause) 3 (down swing)

and yes, my left foot is bigger than my right
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Thanks 13urnzz.

I think my waist may be starting to rotate just a touch before I finish my backswing. Probably a baseball mechanic. I did find that I had slowed my swing down a fair bit by the end of the afternoon, I'll try counting next time.

Too bad I can't karma you again.
Adams_BJ
Spose it's getting too cold for you guys to play now? I've played a few times in the last few months. Getting better shots off now. Still not great but I usually get it in the hole for maybe 1-2 over most of the time.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
78 this morning, 6 over going up the par 5 16th and took a 7, could have been so much better !
I know fucking karate
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville
I played a couple days ago my driving and putting was on, but my mid irons were going left. My glove isn't perfect since I need a new one I ended up shooting a 96 with 7 pars in 18 holes. I how ever was happy about sinking a 20ish foot putt for par. The round before this I played 9 at a local course and shot a 43 so I'd say that's pretty good for January golf.
Slarty
+37|5934|Ingerland
Been starting to play a bit more regularly this year (last few years have only been 2/3 rounds per year lol) culminating in an 87 last week. Was 4 over through the front 9 which I was bloody happy with
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

burnzz wrote:

good first set. don't fall in love with the putter . . .
I use a putter I won at Comdex in like 1994.  I don't know why, I just have grown accustomed to it.
I still use this putter. I've been playing 36 holes a week for the last month after not picking up a club for like a year. I'm at about a 25 right now. Hoping I can shave at least another 5 off by summer. I forgot how much I love to play.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

wow

you should be able to bump a golf ball into the hole the same way you bump a thread.

25 five strokes later and without the know-it-all attitude you display on this forum.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Huh?

Oh and I STILL can't drive for shit. On sunday I hit a four iron 180 and I was happy.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Anyone use the TaylorMade Burner Plus irons? Seem to have good reviews online.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517
I have the RBZ irons which are similar.  They are great clubs, hit very well, the long irons are easy to hit, and good contact goes a long way.  When you make great contact, it feels like magic.  (To a high handicapper)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

RBZ's are a higher end set, and seem to be worth every penny.  I'm not sure i'm ready though...I don't hit the ball hard enough to actually maximize the value of having a solid hitting set of clubs.  I think for the next year or so I'd like to shore up my accuracy and stroke before I move on to start maximizing the driving distance.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

After hitting mizunos, pings, nikes, titliest , taylormades and callaways, I ended up going with the callaway diablo edge irons. It was between the burner plus, ping g15s and the diablos. At the end of the day I liked the size and weight of the diablos the most. I shot a 36 over with the mizuno mx-57s on saturday

Oh and I picked up an odyssey white ice putter. I got the #9 but they are all on sale right now.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

it snowed here today. i am beginning to wonder if i'll be able to golf this year . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

shot an 81 yesterday.  Would have been even lower, but blew up on two holes on the back nine.  Still the best game i've played in years
Adams_BJ
Adams Scott wins! Go ozzzzy
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Wizard of Oz
CC-Marley
+407|6798

Adams_BJ wrote:

Adams Scott wins! Go ozzzzy
Had him in ny Masters pool. I just hope it's enough to win it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

picked up a burner 2.0 superfast driver and rescue 3 hybrid 18°.  Received some golf lessons, and as a result retooled my swing almost completely.  Excited to get out to the range
Adams_BJ
I think I might get some lessons. For the 3 times I play during the summer it would be great.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

you could be the next Adam Scott!
Adams_BJ
Great Scott!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
african american golfers hall of fame
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

shot the worst round I've ever had yesterday.  I think I shot a 108
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

you need to break down and see a pro. or, stay self taught and keep those double bogeys scores!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard