Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
In Aus our uni's have bars and there hasn't really been a big issue with alcoholism and binge drinking except for big events like start of session party or oktoberfest, but the staff will refuse to serve people if they're too intoxicated so it's a good thing that uni's have bars and not have a retarded drinking age. 

all the comments on that article seems to be from MADD lol...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

_j5689_ wrote:

How do you react better to venting?  I just kind of yeah and mhmm'ed my way through it until she finally stopped

And girls sometimes do talk to me about a lot of stuff, I have a more logical and impersonal view of things that most people don't really have that a lot of them respect when asking me for advice
You have to ask a follow-up question now and then, better still if you follow up a day or two later, even better than that just after whatever it is they were on about was due to happen.

Then they'll think you're thinking about them and they'll think about you.

Its Sociopathic Manipulation 101
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam

jsnipy wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I also found out that my monthly student financing (govt hand-out as jay would call it)
checkmate
lol
Everyone here gets student financing. You get 70euros (even as a non-student) for insurance and you get 90euros as a student. 90 Is the bare minimum that every student receives. You can apply for more in case you don't live with your parents (additional 150), if your parents' income is below a certain line (100 extra i think) and all kind of different reasons.
Even if you have 5 billion in the bank you would still get the 90 and 70.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

Jaekus wrote:

It's bollocks. You can go and die for your country at 18 but you can't have a beer because that's wrong.
you can also buy cigarettes
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
Went to wash my car today. The water inside the garden hose was frozen, and I even had it in the garage. fwp
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

_j5689_ wrote:

It had always been 21 in almost every state ever since prohibition ended and then many states changed it to 18 or 19 in the 70s.  Then the Baby Boomers apparently fucked that all up and the Federal Government strong-armed all the states throughout the early 80s by withholding 10% of their highway maintenance fund if they didn't change the drinking age to 21
Wisconsin was one of those states requiring 18 years or older back then, now we just have it where people under 21 can drink alcohol under parental supervision and it's legal.

Jaekus wrote:

It's bollocks. You can go and die for your country at 18 but you can't have a beer because that's wrong.
You can volunteer to die for your country at 18, it's not like you are drafted.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
... you volunteer to drink to don't you, not like you're forced...
War Man

-Whiteroom- wrote:

It shouldn't be a fucking problem having different ages for different things, and unlike in the military, you can easily get away with underage drinking. It'd be pretty fucking hard to volunteer underage, that is, of course, not including the fact that you can volunteer at 17 with your parent/guardian signing a letter of consent.

Last edited by War Man (2012-10-06 14:56:15)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA

War Man wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

It shouldn't be a fucking problem having different ages for different things, and unlike in the military, you can easily get away with underage drinking. It'd be pretty fucking hard to volunteer underage, that is, of course, not including the fact that you can volunteer at 17 with your parent/guardian signing a letter of consent.
You don't drink, why do you even have an opinion.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

i have no idea what warman is arguing

i think hes just trying to get us to volunteer for the army
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

Mutantbear wrote:

rdx-fx
+955|6592

Mutantbear wrote:

Or offering us free beers if we go to Wisconsin?

Could be free beers if we go to Wisconsin and sign up for the Army with him?

I'm a little unclear on his intent too.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA
That will convince me to join the army.

It's official, Warman is offering a free case of beer to anyone who joins the army with him.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

War Man wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

It had always been 21 in almost every state ever since prohibition ended and then many states changed it to 18 or 19 in the 70s.  Then the Baby Boomers apparently fucked that all up and the Federal Government strong-armed all the states throughout the early 80s by withholding 10% of their highway maintenance fund if they didn't change the drinking age to 21
Wisconsin was one of those states requiring 18 years or older back then, now we just have it where people under 21 can drink alcohol under parental supervision and it's legal.

Jaekus wrote:

You can volunteer to die for your country at 18, it's not like you are drafted.
Way to miss the point.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto
I feel my graduate school statement of interest letters are turning out bland and shitty. /FWP

How am I to suck up without looking like I am?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Pochsy wrote:

I feel my graduate school statement of interest letters are turning out bland and shitty. /FWP

Tell them you can't taste salt
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
are you applying to a boring professional/career graduate school, or are you applying to an academic school?

if so the former, suck the chode that is put in front of you and submit your foul smelling bromide.
if the latter, you should have a passion that is evident for the subject. esp. as an english major. sally forth and spurt thine literary jissom.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto

Jay wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Tell them you can't taste salt
Dude, you got me so good! I didn't even see it coming!

I'm not trying to catch a fish.

Jay, tell me how to write one without euphemisms and indirectness.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
War Man

UnkleRukus wrote:

War Man wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

You don't drink, why do you even have an opinion.
I've had beer and wine before. Too bad miller is the only beer I've tasted(I understand why people say you're drinking a mouthful of water drinking this stuff). Just my parents are not drinkers and don't constantly get that stuff.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
That means you've drank before, it doesn't mean you drink
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
i wish these cunts would get back to me about this job
bet you they think i'm overqualified or some bullshit
these majors are a fucking waste of itme

my buddy who barely graduated high school makes more money than me right now.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-10-06 22:03:08)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

I miss the food in Afghanistan.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

did you grad uni yet? if not they probs want someone full time.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
My girlfriend was offered a job a month after she applied, but she had already started her current one. Sometimes they have a lot to sort through before they choose.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

did you grad uni yet? if not they probs want someone full time.
got three semesters left... i'm trying to nail down an internship for this summer. I went to a career fair at my school a few weeks ago and a few companies seemed promising, although one wasn't actively recruiting for summer yet. But the girl for that one seemed pretty impressed with my resume (especially my GPA, which shocked me) and said I should definitely apply once they start taking apps for summer. Hopefully that works out!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard