GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Ravaged!

The post apocolyptic, vehicular first person shooter you've been craving for!

Ravaged is a first person shooter online multiplayer game set upon a post-apocalyptic earth devastated by natural disasters caused by the sun's solar flares. It chronicles the struggle between the “Resistance” and the “Scavengers” as they fight one another in order to gain an upper hand in an ongoing war for survival, territory and resources.

Ravaged is an action game. Furthermore it is a multiplayer only First Person Shooter with Vehicles, Team Objectives, and skill based gameplay.

The team behind Ravaged worked on titles such as the Desert Combat, Battlefield 2, Frontlines and more.
We are developers with AAA game experience that wanted to create a team based game that requires skill and over the top fun.

Ravaged is currently in developing and will be in Beta early 2012, releasing on PC in spring 2012 via Steam and other PC distribution methods.

More Videos  - Home Page

I'm pushing it because the lead programmer from my favorite BF2 mod, Desert Conflict, is also working on the project.

Limited Time Offer - "Clan pack"

The Ravaged PC Clan Pack allows you to buy 4 steam keys for a major discount.
$60 for 4 keys! That saves you $40!!!
You will receive 4 steam keys that you can distribute to your teams.
This is a limited time offer.
This product also adds you to beta for all keys.
I already bought a copy, so I won't be organizing a group buy, but feel free...

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2012-06-16 07:26:01)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
Looks like a decent game, might have to try it out!
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Beta news:

Hi all!

I know we are all getting fired up to play some dam Ravaged already, so lets all be patient if we can.

So yes, beta is a tad bit late. However we made a guess a while back when it would land and we are very close. We are within the next week or two tops! In fact, the first batch should start next week. People will be added based on their order date. We have to do this to monitor server loads, bugs etc.. We are truly putting out a beta were feedback matters.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Vorga

This game looks good.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-06-16 23:44:54)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Another Mad Max-promising game that starts with an R? I won't hold my breath.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Ravaged developers on TeamPlayer podcast.

On it they say they are planning to upload the beta to Steam this weekend, them after some download/install testing, start sending out beta keys.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
The beta is upon us! 

Hi All,

If you are a Gold supporter, the build is now up on steam. Please make sure your steam.cfg file has been removed and you may need to delete clientblob. If you have not received your Steam key, please email customerservice at 2dawn.com

For all pre-orders, the first batch of Steam keys should start rolling out tomorrow based on order date.

Thank you,
2Dawn
Initial feedback can be seen in the beta forum.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Here is a chance to get beta key without pre-ordering!  Requires registering on the 2Dawn web site.

Don't have a beta key? Here is your chance!

We'll be giving away 10 keys a day randomly to people who post in this thread!

Please only post once - multiple posters will be disqualified - and keep your posts short. A simple "here" or "hello" or some such will do.

If you have pre-ordered or pledged on Kickstarter you should get your key this week so please give other people a chance... tell your friends to post here though!

Thanks... and good luck! 
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
looks pretty fun, might pick it up.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Video of beta.  These are the medium and small maps.  I was on Resource Control map yesterday, and it is truly as large as El Alamein from BF1942.

Phyrefli's Video Digest #35 - A Closer Look At Ravaged

Phyrefli - 12 mins of Ravaged Infantry Gameplay (no commentary)

The game is getting some attention from YouTubers for BF3, since it's the same genre.  Played a round last night with both DCRU-Colin and BFO_Grizzle.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
With who?
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
DCRU-Colin

BFO-Grizzle

while we're at it, Phyrefli
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
If you want to try out the Ravaged beta for free, follow 2Dawn on twitter to see many different outlets where you can obtain a beta key.

Or if you run a YouTube channel, or a decent sized clan, contact them for some keys so you can do your own giveaway.

They are giving out keys like candy.  The keys will be good for the rest of the beta (they are targeting an end of August release), and maybe for some time after release.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
ejection port on the wrong side

game is shit

will not buy
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Get a beta key by following Reverb Publishing on Twitter.

Try the full game for about a month.

twitter.com/ReverbGames: "We still have more beta keys available for Ravaged through our Twitter beta program! http://reverbinc.com/twitter-betas/  #ravaged #betas #freebies"

This sh!t is fun!  I have more than 100 hours in so far.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I played a bit yesterday. It was late, so the EU server was empty, but it looks like it could be good with more people.

Didn't seem too... Smooth, though.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516

FFLink wrote:

I played a bit yesterday. It was late, so the EU server was empty, but it looks like it could be good with more people.

Didn't seem too... Smooth, though.
Pretty much sums it up. For the amount of keys that are out there, barely anyone plays the beta.

The vehicle response definitely feels sluggish. I want to like it, but it feels too much like a mod still. It's not horrible, but a lot of things need to get ironed out before retail.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard