Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

AussieReaper wrote:

There was already a budget showdown, and the result was a lowered credit rating.

It's all well and good to have checks and balances, but this House has been one of record filibusters and zero jobs bills.

The GOP stance was to make the "Obama" economy look as bad as possible by passing nothing that would improve it.

But what can you expect from the party that says “Our number one priority is making Obama a one-term president.” ?
I'm glad you don't have a vote.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

You'd love it, since you don't have to mention George Bush at all.

Which is kind of the Republican motto these days, anyway.
I'd rather take an objective, critical view.

Let me know if you don't know what those words mean.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

'critical' implies an act of interpretation and reading; reading implies a subject; a subject implies subjectivity.

a subject comes with the whole baggage of personal experiences, preferences: the general lived-life, gestalt-informing, and unavoidably political.

'objective' view on politics.

laff out loud.

do you know what those words mean? really? you shouldn't talk with such cocksure smarminess. to talk of 'objective criticism' is to recycle an old joke ideology from the 1920's.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-09-23 11:57:32)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

aynrandroolz wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

'critical' implies an act of interpretation and reading; reading implies a subject; a subject implies subjectivity.

a subject comes with the whole baggage of personal experiences, preferences: the general lived-life, gestalt-informing, and unavoidably political.

laff out loud.

do you know what those words mean? really? you shouldn't talk with such cocksure smarminess. to talk of 'objective criticism' is to recycle an old joke ideology from the 1920's.
I'm fairly certain he meant to look at both sides of the argument before making a decision. We might as well read HuffPo (and all the stupid that goes with that) rather than whatever Aussie decides to post.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US
At least HuffPo articles use some reasoning, sometimes.

Aussie, you do realize the House regularly passes bills that the Senate refuses to vote on, right?  Also, both parties LOVE the filibuster when they don't have a majority, almost as much as they love to complain about the filibuster when they do have the majority.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Filibusters should not be part of a democratic process, shut up and vote - thats what you're paid for - if you don't have the numbers to get what you want bad luck, the people chose your numbers, thats their democratic input and should be respected.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

House Republicans vote, again, to repeal health care law

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/11/polit … index.html

Wednesday's vote was the latest of more than 30 House GOP efforts to undermine the 2010 Affordable Care Act, including previous Republican moves to repeal the measure or cut funding for various provisions.
Imagine all the jobs repealing Obamacare would create!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Obamacare created jobs? You sound like a moron.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Repealing it never even had a chance in the senate the first 29 times, maybe the 30th will get through?

For a party that is focused on "job creation" they sure have their priorities in order.

I'll bet repealing the EPA seemed like it'd be a real jobs winner too!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Repealing it never even had a chance in the senate the first 29 times, maybe the 30th will get through?

For a party that is focused on "job creation" they sure have their priorities in order.

You should stick to stealing pictures from reddit.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Thats some quality debating right there.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah like the states themselves don't have their own environmental laws.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

aynrandroolz wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

laff out loud.

I know exactly what those words mean. Words have different meanings in different context--you should know that.

For you to accuse anyone of "cocksure smarminess" is the epitome of irony--especially when you're being purposefully obtuse.

Objective: Adj not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

Critical: Adj involving skillful judgment as to truth, merit, etc.; judicial: a critical analysis.

Great grasp of the English language, chief. All that money was clearly well-spent.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Cybargs wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah like the states can actually control multinational corporations.
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

They can control whether those businesses can operate in their states.
― Albert Einstein

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Because state aren't competing with each other and bending over backwards to attract businesses to their state.
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Because state aren't competing with each other and bending over backwards to attract businesses to their state.
Of course they are. But if the state feels strongly enough about a company's environmental practices, they can put constraints on that company within their state or bar it completely.

Replace state with country and you have the same situation. OMG--it's a free market argument! Blasphemy!
― Albert Einstein

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Companies can pull out and bully states much easier than they could the federal government.

Whatever

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-09-25 22:04:30)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Macbeth wrote:

Companies can pull out and bully states much easier than they could the federal government.

Whatever
There's no "one fit solution" to 50 states, each with their own environmental variables. That's why it's easier to let the state's themselves do the planning.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Fascinating. What that has to do with my post I don't know.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
That's your problem.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Thank you for your valuable contribution.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
You're welcome
iceman785
+93|6643|Alaska, mother fucker.
Might as well just give Obama the next four years now so people can stop wasting their time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard