Aero02
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|4251
Okay yesterday i tryed to activate my CD KEY from BF2 on Origin but did not working so contacted EA support and they fixed it for me so they gave me Completed Collection to my account. But when i try to connect to a SF server i got this famous message invalid cd key. But my vanilla BF2 from the version i got from them works fine. So i contacted them again they gave me a new cd key but that did not help to activate the game with on Origin.

So they told me open the Battlefield 2_code.exe from the support folder guess what i cant open it it wont open i see just the mouse arrow loads for 1sec then nothing happens. So they told me to download revounistaller to get rid of everything for BF2 completed collection did not work either. So they told me reupdate the game i told them i cant its pre updated already to 1.5.3153-802.0.

Then they told me they gonna contact me again 24-48h via my email this happened yesterday. So i started to search around for a solution but i tryed the thing with regedit but that just messed up my BF2 so i got invalid cd key there also but that did not work for Special Forces i needed to reinstall the game again to get BF2 work. I have unistalled the game like 10 times without succes.

Please has anyone an other solution
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
Uninstall everything
Install:
Bf2
1.41 Patch
SF
1.41 Patch
1.5 Patch

Right? I don't remember
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701

pirana6 wrote:

Uninstall everything
Install:
Bf2
1.41 Patch
SF
1.41 Patch
1.5 Patch

Right? I don't remember
Make sure to thoroughly uninstall everything. First use control panel > modify/remove programs to uninstall all bf2 related progams. Then either use CCcleaner/something similar to destroy all bf2 files OR manually delete all files.
Aero02
+0|4251
Sorry this sounds like the EA chat I cant update the game cause when i unistall it everything keys to the game with revounistaller. And when i install it again its already pre updated to 1.5 from Origin so i cant even update it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
Dont use origin?
Aero02
+0|4251

pirana6 wrote:

Dont use origin?
I dont know what u want with that post anyway its activated on my origin account cause EA added it for me. I have tryed without Origin dont work. If u cant get any solution for me or help me out keep ur onusefull posts for u self...
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
That WAS me helping you out. I haven't heard of anybody trying to use origin to install BF2 and my BF2 works fine and doesn't use origin.

However since you want my to stop helping you I will. Good luck.
Aero02
+0|4251

pirana6 wrote:

That WAS me helping you out. I haven't heard of anybody trying to use origin to install BF2 and my BF2 works fine and doesn't use origin.

However since you want my to stop helping you I will. Good luck.
I did not mean like that i thought ur post was not usefull. Okay since i got my BF2 completed collection from EA they added the game to my origin account. So only way for me to install it its through Origin. And the only problem i have is with the Special force that gave me invalid cd key. I can play BF2 online so its only Special force that struggle for me.

When i cant even update it manually or re enter my cd key. i have tryed X thing in regedit without any luck. I dont have any cd key to Special force cause the only CD KEY i have is for Completed Collection that include the Special force and the booster packet.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701
Try that inputting that key then?

Otherwise blame shitty EA with their cunty origin.
Aero02
+0|4251

Superior Mind wrote:

Sorry did not understand ur post. Cause i cant reactive the key with the Battlefield 2_code.exe cause it wont even open. I will see if EA contacts me tomorrow if not i gonna contact them.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

Aero02 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Sorry did not understand ur post. Cause i cant reactive the key with the Battlefield 2_code.exe cause it wont even open. I will see if EA contacts me tomorrow if not i gonna contact them.
i thought Battlefield 2_code.exe just wiped out the existing key

are there keys in the registry now?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6320

jsnipy wrote:

Aero02 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

They used to be plain text in the registry. DICE finally took notice and patched it in 1.41 or 1.5, can't remember which one.
Aero02
+0|4251
But anyone knows how i can fix this goddamn problem want to try SF out.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6737|Michigan, USA

jsnipy wrote:

It does.  if you run that code.exe it will wipe out your bf2 key in the registry.  imo EA fucked up by putting that file in the support folder. It has caused a lot of people problems.

bugz wrote:

They used to be plain text in the registry. DICE finally took notice and patched it in 1.41 or 1.5, can't remember which one.
correct.  at some point they encrypted the cdkey in the registry.

@Aero02, check this thread.  It has tons of problem solving information.
You say you only have the 'complete collection' cdkey.  honestly im not sure how that even works.  your best bet might be to just keep contacting EA support until they give you a SF key or something.

also see my post here on how to fix a cdkey. it might help.
Aero02
+0|4251
Okay the invalid cd key is gone now. Contacted them yesterday they gave me a new key just for Special force. So i installed BF2 from my retail copy . Then updated to 1.41 then installed Special force then updated to 1.50 but then when i enter a server i got kicked and get this message
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/bf22012091712525356.jpg/

About i have an unmodifed version of BF2. I have search around about solutions but non of them work. Like delete the cache folder or alt tab during the connection to the server still no work.

Last edited by Aero02 (2012-09-17 05:58:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard