wingman_lajoda
+17|6776|Gainesville, FL
Viper38
+118|6678
lol, nice video. Pretty sure vehicle drops will be removed sooner rather than later .. or at least nerfed so they can't do that.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6665|Birmingham
lmao cool nice find
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6750|London

It's a good job EA have such a good test team.....
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
a fly
+105|6652|The netherlands

Viper38 wrote:

lol, nice video. Pretty sure vehicle drops will be removed sooner rather than later .. or at least nerfed so they can't do that.
i love it , i killed alot of people with vodnics. its to perfect, you can make it flip before it hits someone by letting it touch a wall or roof

i wish they removed the ship thing thought, cause its not fun to fly with a car on your proppeler on the black hawk......
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6769
IMO, the dropping of vehicles was probably some remnant code that the patch team dug up and decided to add it in as a 'new feature'. Like 'Hey! We did work! Here's something new!'.

Because, I've NEVER seen anyone asking for such a feature. Much less the need for one..
joker8baller
+68|6675
Who asked for the squad switching feature?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6706

Jesus did.
afrocullions
Banned
+8|6559
it was smoking bad anyhow you could have naded it
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6586|Florida
i like the feature of vehicle drops, because i hate walking a stupid amount of distance when some ass hat takes the last vehicle and doesnt bother to let anyone ride with him, if the commander pays attention he can drop you a buggy, or if you ask for it atleast
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6586|Florida

rdx-fx wrote:

<look up>
ahh.. CrAp!  run!
<thunk, squeak>
I am going to start holding down E when capping flags, and maybe it was the other teams commander?

rdx-fx wrote:

I really think the radio call for the new vehicle drop should be the Announcer from 'The Price is Right' yelling "How about.... A New Car!!!!!!!!!! You're the next contestant on The Infantry is Squishy"
This would just be freakin awesome lmao, rdx-fx COME ON DOWN, YOUVE WON A NEW CAR!!!!!  Then Bob Barker pops out with the line from Happy Gilmore "The Price is Right.......Bitch"

Oh man the things that could come of this
Milkballs
+16|6567|CT, US
The price is WRONG, bitch.

That was the whole point.
Trel
+70|6685
Its fun dropping cars on people just sitting there going for Zipline/Grapple badges, throwing them over and over and over and over again.
Good to be back.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6730|England
Commanders cant tell squad leaders when a vehicle is ready to be deployed :@ stupid dice lol i like warning people when theres things ready to be used ugh.
Croak
+11|6813|San Marcos, CA
I'm pretty sure vehicle drops were one of the new features for Armored Fury, but due to the way the codebase works, it has to work in the regular game as well.

What seems silly for some old maps might just make sense for some of the AF maps.
Daysniper
+42|6643

RGB|Apocalypse wrote:

IMO, the dropping of vehicles was probably some remnant code that the patch team dug up and decided to add it in as a 'new feature'. Like 'Hey! We did work! Here's something new!'.

Because, I've NEVER seen anyone asking for such a feature. Much less the need for one..
Actually, doing some thinking myself, I think they might have added it for Armoured Fury so you could get a way from swarms of tanks on a jeep!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

It's a good job EA have such a good test team.....
lmao
Sullemunk
+0|6677
EA: "I'm so sick and tired about people always whine about the missile bugs... let's give them something to REALY cry about... how about car drops????"
voltage
+46|6848|Sweden
That arty cannon was already damaged, perhaps by a earlier vehicle drop. That means at least 6 vehicle drops to completely disable arty, perhaps more. No commander will have the patience for that.

Not saying that the drop can't be exploited though, I'm pretty sure someone will come up with something effective.
malarkeycoon
+16|6648|Cardiff
When I heard they were going to have vehicle drops in this patch the first thought I had was: "people will use them as weapons to drop on roofs, armor, people and runways". Then I thought, nah they will had a bit of extra code which will only let them away from capped flags and only on streets. But here we are with precision bombs for the commander.

As for the squad hopping thing. It can only have been designed for clan matches as it actually makes them a bit better. You get to have a proper battle rather than have one team suicide spawn all the flags in a few seconds. It doesn't really work though on regular maps with players who are there to get points (90% of all players)
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6626|Houston, TX
I believe the vehicle drops is an aid in reponse to the 'no squad hop' change.  Since sometimes you'll have to spawn far away, it's nice to have a ride.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6594|Montreal

pfc_toecutter wrote:

I believe the vehicle drops is an aid in reponse to the 'no squad hop' change.  Since sometimes you'll have to spawn far away, it's nice to have a ride.
Excellent point I never thought of that you are probably right
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA
sweet im gonna do that now
Blindbasher
+25|6556
Try it when arty is firing.
coreinflames
+12|6653
That houlitzer (think that is how to spell it) was smoking before the vehicle was dropped on it, may as well of thrown a few grenades at it to finish it off...  Still a nice video...

Things i noticed about Car drops:
-You can have a maximum of 2 cars on the map, at one time.
-the commander has the ability to drop cars faster than he can drop supplys (completley retarted)
-if a car is not used in about 20 seconds (estimate) it blows up (almost a good thought by ea)
-you can not take out artillery with only 1 car

and i am very happy ea changed the ranking requirments, considering not everyone likes jets or vice versa...

and, atleast they did not release more dumb crap like there invincible claymores, i wonder how much it would cost to make an unmaned box size object than can see who is enemy and who is not enemy....

Overall -not bad

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard