godzilla
+0|6770
Reflecting to the information in UBAR, both Badges would be earned if you kill 20 people in a round. Well, today I was sitting in a chopper one round as Engineer and the other as Assault and made each time over 20 Kills. But I did not get my Badges! Of cause I do have the Basic Badges! Are the informations wrong in UBAR? I was playing on an official EA UK Ranked Server from Multiplay.

Someone knows more about getting these badges? Thanks!

Last edited by godzilla (2005-10-30 14:43:57)

US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6806|englewood FL.
nope thats wat i got mine at, i was fighting on the ground though. i think i got my engi ina tank
theburritos
+0|6746|Orange County
to get a veteran badge you need to have 15 global hours as assualt or engineer and then get 20 kills in one round
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6747
Sadly I qualify for vet engi, support, and assult. . . just need 15 hours in each.  another 5 hours for assult, then I will go for support. . . spending 15 total hours as engi though . . . that I do not see happining for a while yet.
I have been going engi every time I am a commander to try and get the time in.  Althugh for the life of me I cannot get a commanders bage.  Last night I got 69 commander points in one round. . . yet still no badge.  I normaly get over 40, and have several times.
I would assume that you do not have to have the time in, then kills in that order.  Although that is just based on the fact I did not have the time in medic to get vet.  Yet I did have the kills.  First kill after the new patch that lowered the time requiered I got it.
dsb
+0|6769
all global time/kill/point requirements must be met BEFORE the round in which you score your 20 kills or 40 points or whatever...

Example: If you have gotten 20 kills in a round as assault, you WILL NOT get the vet assault badge once you hit 15 hours.  You must hit 15 hours, and then get 20 kills in a round again.  NOTE: If you get the 20 kills in the same round you go over 15 hours it will not count.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6747
that sucks.  So basicly the badges ect.  are still entierly based off of time, not skill.  wonderfull.
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6754|Austin TX
no, time and skill.  and as for ubar being wrong, NO!  ppl always accuse ubar of being at fault.  i have gotten all my badges using the reqs. that are stated on ubar.
nzjafa
+2|6757
i dont think its about time and no skill. what i think it means is 'if you can get 20 kills congratulations, and if you've slogged 15 hours out of ur favourite class well then congratulations for that too'
its taken me the better part of 3 months to get 15 hours as engineer. i'm going to get that badge next week and man it feels like i will have earned it.
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6754|Austin TX

nzjafa wrote:

i dont think its about time and no skill. what i think it means is 'if you can get 20 kills congratulations, and if you've slogged 15 hours out of ur favourite class well then congratulations for that too'
its taken me the better part of 3 months to get 15 hours as engineer. i'm going to get that badge next week and man it feels like i will have earned it.
wow, 3 mos?  call me a loser (not really) but it took me about 2 days.  i already had like 5hrs.  i just spent the weekend as ONLY engy.  it was actually pretty cool cuz i was cmndr, pilot, armor, whatever(just to log time), and it was handy in a lot of situations.  especially armor and commander.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6801|UK
It seems some people need to understand what is meant by a Veteran badge. I refer you to the dictionary which has this to say:

vet·er·an n.
   1. A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity: a veteran of political campaigns.
   2. A person who has served in the armed forces: “Privilege, a token income... were allowed for veterans of both world wars” (Mavis Gallant).
   3. An old soldier who has seen long service.
Note the emphasis on the term of service being 'long'. Being a Veteran Engineer in combat is not just about being able to play once and sit in a tank racking up kills, but it's about being a dedicated Engineer in the field of battle, and also about being able to get 20 kills in a round as one.
idcam
+0|6764
Based on the same subject I recieved my basic pistol badge after 7IAR kills (old version of the game). Now I have reached 50 kills with a pistol, do I now need to get another 7 IAR kills with the pistol or is it becasue of the weapon proficency/skill ratings in my profile for this weapon that is stopping me from achieving it?
irarreF
+0|6744
From what I've seen the IAR requirement has to be met after all of the global requirements have been met.  So it sounds like you need the 7 IAR again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard