Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

my monitor light is really bright so I put one of those round band aids over it to make it so I could actually sleep in the same room as it. Band aids should leave a lot less residue than electrical tape.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

mtb0minime wrote:

Also I'm an idiot and forgot to hook up power to my dvd rom
I haven't had a DVD drive for about a year.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

Miggle wrote:

my monitor light is really bright so I put one of those round band aids over it to make it so I could actually sleep in the same room as it. Band aids should leave a lot less residue than electrical tape.
power it off at night? mine is bright as fuuuu too and blinks when it's on but my computer is off. makes it look like the 5-O is outside
Benzin
+576|5968

mtb0minime wrote:

Ok what the fuck. Got my Phantom today and it's cool and spacious and I like it. But the top panel LEDs (power/hdd activity/fan control) are blindingly bright. I've got this distracting blue laser beam pointing into the corners of my eyes. Any easy way to turn them off? Some quick Googling has yielded nothing so far.

This thing is so quiet and I love it. But it's ruined by the lights. I want stealth mode.
There is a button on the back of the case - a small black button. If you move that large fan to the forward mounting spot, however, then it's no where near as bright since the top of the case comes over and covers half of that spot. I had to move my fan forward to make room for my H70 and the massive radiator with the twin fans.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

mtb0minime wrote:

Oh, yeah I went with the Phantom. Ordered it a few days ago. Had gotten the thumbs up from a few other people as well.

Dust is definitely an issue, even now. I should probably air mine out once a week. Way too much dust and dirt around here.
The next thing you should get is an air cleaner.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

CapnNismo wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Ok what the fuck. Got my Phantom today and it's cool and spacious and I like it. But the top panel LEDs (power/hdd activity/fan control) are blindingly bright. I've got this distracting blue laser beam pointing into the corners of my eyes. Any easy way to turn them off? Some quick Googling has yielded nothing so far.

This thing is so quiet and I love it. But it's ruined by the lights. I want stealth mode.
There is a button on the back of the case - a small black button. If you move that large fan to the forward mounting spot, however, then it's no where near as bright since the top of the case comes over and covers half of that spot. I had to move my fan forward to make room for my H70 and the massive radiator with the twin fans.
That fan LED isn't the problem. It's the fan control panel LEDs at the front/top of the case, by the power switch. They're lit up according to what fans are plugged in.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Oh, yeah I went with the Phantom. Ordered it a few days ago. Had gotten the thumbs up from a few other people as well.

Dust is definitely an issue, even now. I should probably air mine out once a week. Way too much dust and dirt around here.
The next thing you should get is an air cleaner.
I've got canned air, ready to go walking on sunshine
lol

which android has a screen about the size of an iphone's and is as good?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

lol

which android has a screen about the size of an iphone's and is as good?
Wait for the official announcement on the iPhone 5 (regular/XL) to avoid the expected Apple fanboy remarks about their screens being bigger than your android screen.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

CapnNismo wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

That looks pretty good, I'll definitely look into it.  Though now I'm considering getting a WDTV Live or HD and finding a used receiver on craigslist or something.  Might be cheaper and would certainly be sleeker
Here's my solution to the whole HTPC thing: get a Bluray player that has a wifi radio built in and supports DLNA (I'm getting a Sony in a month or two). So long as your main PC that has all the videos and stuff is turned on and you have Windows 7 Homegroups activated and running on the network, you can easily stream everything to the Bluray player.

Sony's players also can be controlled over the network via their Android app. Bad. Ass.
which sony one was that? the Sony BDP-S370 was recommended but isnt sold anymore and the the 380 removed DLNA. plus apparently people are having issues with sony forcing updates that remove features?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

though the Samsung BDC6500 looks like it might work?
Benzin
+576|5968

mtb0minime wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

That fan LED isn't the problem. It's the fan control panel LEDs at the front/top of the case, by the power switch. They're lit up according to what fans are plugged in.
Ah, I overlooked that part of your post. Sorry, you're SOL then.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

That looks pretty good, I'll definitely look into it.  Though now I'm considering getting a WDTV Live or HD and finding a used receiver on craigslist or something.  Might be cheaper and would certainly be sleeker
Here's my solution to the whole HTPC thing: get a Bluray player that has a wifi radio built in and supports DLNA (I'm getting a Sony in a month or two). So long as your main PC that has all the videos and stuff is turned on and you have Windows 7 Homegroups activated and running on the network, you can easily stream everything to the Bluray player.

Sony's players also can be controlled over the network via their Android app. Bad. Ass.
which sony one was that? the Sony BDP-S370 was recommended but isnt sold anymore and the the 380 removed DLNA. plus apparently people are having issues with sony forcing updates that remove features?
Sony BDP-S390 is the one I am looking at. Then there's the 590 that does 3D, but I don't have a 3D TV so... yea. The 390 got some great reviews and is also the cheapest of the main brand players (at least here in Austria).
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

looks nice, but doesnt output 5.1 thats become my biggest concern lately, does anyone know anything about receivers? i just need one that will input spdif from a WDTV and pass it into 5.1 speaker outputs.  or take hdmi and pass on the video while processing the audio to 5.1 signals. any good possibilities in the sub $100 range in here http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/ or http://toronto.kijiji.ca/cityoftoronto/ preferably as cheap as possible since i dont need anything great. just needs to power klipsch promedia ultra 5.1
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Hope there's a GTX460 shaped package waiting for me at home.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
Camm in the future

https://i.imgur.com/2RXSG.gif
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Camm in the future

A bit like that if it's here. Need to go ask the neighbours.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Right guys,

I need to connect a laptop (with Sky Sports, woo) to a TV. However;

Laptop has VGA output, TV has SCART input.

What kind of cable should I be using? I've been browsing Amazon, but a lot of the reviews say the cables don't work.

Last edited by Jenspm (2012-09-08 08:22:02)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

Jenspm wrote:

Right guys,

I need to connect a laptop (with Sky Sports, woo) to a TV. However;

Laptop has VGA output, TV has SCART input.

What kind of cable should I be using? I've been browsing Amazon, but a lot of the reviews say the cables don't work.
There isn't really any easy way to do that. SCART and VGA use different systems for syncronising. You're going to need an active adapter to do it and they can be both fairly expensive and poor.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6384|Finland

Probably going to order 2x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD and 2x 3TB WD RED HDD from Germany in a week. Time to update my data storage to 2012.

Also my G5 is dying, so need to get a G500 mouse I guess.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2012-09-09 12:12:29)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
mx1000
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6384|Finland

FatherTed wrote:

mx1000
Wireless? Nope, i will never get a wireless model.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
best mouse

ever
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada

FatherTed wrote:

best mouse

ever

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

mx1000
it's only 2012, how can you say such a thing?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6384|Finland

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

mx1000
it's only 2012, how can you say such a thing?
It is pretty funny actually, I work in Department of Communications Engineering (wireless hardware, RF ASIC) and I hate to use glitchy wireless stuff. Until we have wireless electricity I prefer to use rock solid copper where I can. Especially when there is bunch of wires going around anyway, one more doesn't hurt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard