bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6462

Kampframmer wrote:

I can easily work around that to meat my protein and calorie needs.
icwatudidthar
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5328|Sydney
lol
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4992|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

lol
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6561|'Murka

Jaekus wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is in a nutshell over the entire day as long as you are meeting the nutritional requirements you set yourself it's not a number one requirement to get there in one particular fashion. Eat healthy and you should be fine. There's been studies done to show that eating one massive meal is no different to eating 17 small meals in a 24 hour period as far as metabolism goes, despite popular belief.
I've been reading quite a bit about macronutrient timing, and the studies cited in those articles would seem to contradict what you're saying here.

Rapidly digestible protein (ie, whey) with simple carbs within 45 min of a strenuous workout does far more than just eating a high-protein meal after.

Of course, ensuring one is getting the right amounts of those macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) over the course of a day is most important.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4992|Amsterdam
lol beat it nerd. No one cares about your science bullshit.
This thread is bro's only.
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney

FEOS wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is in a nutshell over the entire day as long as you are meeting the nutritional requirements you set yourself it's not a number one requirement to get there in one particular fashion. Eat healthy and you should be fine. There's been studies done to show that eating one massive meal is no different to eating 17 small meals in a 24 hour period as far as metabolism goes, despite popular belief.
I've been reading quite a bit about macronutrient timing, and the studies cited in those articles would seem to contradict what you're saying here.

Rapidly digestible protein (ie, whey) with simple carbs within 45 min of a strenuous workout does far more than just eating a high-protein meal after.

Of course, ensuring one is getting the right amounts of those macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) over the course of a day is most important.
Yeah I totally agree. Pre and post workout nutrition is vital. But I was talking about his macronutrient intake in regards to studying uni; I wasn't expecting him to be working out whilst in class.
i like to have greek yogurt before workout

also, Luna bars and the coconut/almond KIND bars taste amaaaazing.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4992|Amsterdam
I hate protein bars, or any kind of bar marketed to fit the 'work-out-lifestyle'.
The ones that are good are extremely expensive. Most brands are over 2euros a bar, eating 1 bar a day makes that a pretty expensive snack.
The ones that are affordable are pretty much a candy bar nutrition wise.

I make my own. Same nutritional values as the high end brands, but at a fraction of the price.

I'm not familiar with the ones you mentioned though. But if theyre any good and you can afford it, go for it.
yeah they are not a good substitute for a real meal but with short time in your sched to eat or for hiking they do it.

haha look at this fancy ad for a 5k ..zombies chase you.   L o L

runforyourlives.com

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2012-09-06 11:56:22)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4992|Amsterdam
Eating two of them is 400kcals and 40g of protein. Ive used that to more or less substitue meals, but only if it would mean having no meal if i didn't.
I just eat them with lunch. They dont fill me up all that much so I can always stuff one in next to my lunch. The extra 200kcals and 20 of protein helps.

e: i'll put up the recipe for the bars i make shortly. Ive put a recipe here before, but i believe those were the ones you had to stick in the freezer. Theyre about the same nutrition-wise but these dont require freezing and wont melt.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-09-06 12:04:17)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6782|949

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

yeah they are not a good substitute for a real meal but with short time in your sched to eat or for hiking they do it.

haha look at this fancy ad for a 5k ..zombies chase you.   L o L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKEVbC0G … r_embedded
runforyourlives.com
yeah they're pretty popular now.  It's a business - look at how much you have to pay.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4992|Amsterdam
3 cups of oats, 4 scoops of whey (i use chocolate, ive heard vanilla also tastes good), 1 spoonfull of pb (heat it up a bit so it mixes easier) and 1 cup of milk (i use whole, use whichever milk you like but change the macros).
Stir all of it until it becomes a batter. You can make mixing it easier by heating up the pb (as mentioned before) and use oat-flour/powder (i sometimes just stick it in the blender to make it into a fine powder, but this isnt necessary)
Put all of it in a container that you can spread it out in, thick enough to make decent sized bars and then stick it in the fridge. Cut into 8 bars after 24h. They get harder as you keep them in the fridge longer, so always take one out and leave the rest in. Theyre pretty much 100% solid after 3 days or so.

You can take these with you (unlike the freezer ones), but they do tend to get a little bit soft and sticky.
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney
I made my own Calorie Tracker (and learned about Excel in the process). It works really well and turns out just through regular eating I get easily 200g of protein a day, often more, though my minimum is 150g.

(open in a new tab for the full size image)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52172/cal%20tracker.png

As you can see for breakfast today I had a scoop of whey (30g) but add the protein in the oats and milk and that brings it up to around 45g (I weigh everything up on a set of kitchen scales).

If anyone wants a copy I can email one either with the foods I've got included or blank (add your own foods on the data page)
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4992|Amsterdam
I use an app
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney
I used to but I find this more accurate for my needs.
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney
Today we went through my 1RM, which I've never done before.

Bench press: 75kg
Squat: 130kg
Deadlift: 135kg

It's interesting setting your own benchmarks. My next goal is to make all these my working weight of around 6 reps.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6256|eXtreme to the maX
I thought I was doing pretty well on the cross-trainer - until someone showed me it could be switched on.
Whoever created this contraption was spawned by Lucifer himself.

Now I do 5 minutes on 0, if I feel up to it 5 minutes on 1, then another 5 minutes on 0.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6782|949

dilbert you suck at trolling.  You should just go back to posting nonsense for the sake of it
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

dilbert you suck at trolling.  You should just go back to posting nonsense for the sake of it
I thought that's what he always did anyway?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why can't I do both?
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney
Temp PT as my regular PT is over in the UK.

Yesterday he forced me through a 30 minute crossfit workout. I was utterly fucked by the end of it. He said he was going easy on me

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-09-18 05:34:33)

Frank Reynolds
+65|4479
why do gym memberships seem to have more restrictions and gotcha fees than frequent flyer miles?  i mean is the only way to make money as a gym is to nip at the wallet with stupid fees and contracts or is it just extra money for the trophy wife?
What are you looking at dicknose
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6561|'Murka

Frank Reynolds wrote:

why do gym memberships seem to have more restrictions and gotcha fees than frequent flyer miles?  i mean is the only way to make money as a gym is to nip at the wallet with stupid fees and contracts or is it just extra money for the trophy wife?
I read an article recently about the do's and don'ts of gym memberships.

I think it was this one...but I seem to remember the article I read also talking about the nickle and dime issue, as well. I'll keep looking.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Frank Reynolds wrote:

They want to milk all your money out of you. Its why I don't use them.
Jaekus
+957|5328|Sydney
Not sure what you guys are on about. I pay $14.50 a week and can access any Goodlife gym in Australia I want as many times as I want for as long as I want. No other charges, though I don't do any group classes.

I pay my PT into his own business account which is separate from the gym as he works there as a contractor and pays the gym a weekly fee from his own income.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard