Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6572|SE London

I think we can all agree that this is a really stupid idea.

Not least because Facebook is so international. Why would you nationalise something that is for the benefit of the world - unless you're being either charitable or have some sinister (or otherwise dubious) motives.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2012-08-18 12:41:39)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

Bertster7 wrote:

I think we can all agree that this is a really stupid idea.

Not least because Facebook is so international. Why would you nationalise something that is for the benefit of the world - unless you're being either charitable or have some sinister (or otherwise dubious) motives.
for the benefit of the world?  Really?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

In a world full of worst ideas, this is one of the worst. Sure, let's nationalize an international commodity just because their stocks are hurting a bit. Are we going to have facebook tax? What happens when someone want to create something similar that might eventually overtake facebook? Are they going to come up against a bureaucratic wall in the creation process? Is the US going to send black choppers to Estonia to arrest some 13-year-old geek for creating something better??
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6723|Cambridge, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Is the US going to send black choppers to Estonia to arrest some 13-year-old geek for creating something better??
From past experience I wouldnt bet against it..
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Is the US going to send black choppers to Estonia to arrest some 13-year-old geek for creating something better??
From past experience I wouldnt bet against it..
and, with our luck, bring back markoo*est
rdx-fx
+955|6582
For one, this isn't Venezuela, Iran, or North Korea - we don't just randomly nationalize companies.
(In Capitalist America, Big Business buys out Government!)

For two, Facebook is a toy and a timesink, not a national asset

For three, Professor sounds like a bored, stoned, tenured, Marxist half-wit.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2012-08-21 07:42:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard