Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5690|College Park, MD
Ryan is a little creepy and I'm not sure where I stand on his "Path to Prosperity," but at least he seems smart.

Biden is hilarious though:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la … 6123.story
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5347|London, England
What, no poll?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6643

Both parties suck, vote Paul/Kucinich.
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

mtb0minime wrote:

Both parties suck
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6702|Purplicious Wisconsin

mtb0minime wrote:

Well, I am voting for Romney as well as a Paul, so....
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6279|Washington St.
I'm voting for myself for president. If I don't win at least I gave it my all and nobody can take that from me.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6400|'Murka

How is Ryan creepy? I've seen multiple people here say that.

I don't see it.

He's certainly no more creepy than a guy who looks like a used car salesman with a bad set of dentures.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
War Man

FEOS wrote:

I don't see it.

He's certainly no more creepy than a guy who looks like a used car salesman with a bad set of dentures.
They are just saying it for shits as a cheap way of bashing him. They can't find any way of digging dirt on him so they resort to namecalling him something that doesn't make sense just to make him look bad.

Last edited by War Man (2012-08-14 15:43:40)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

Seeing as biden is the VP and ryan is just a candidate, I'm going to say biden is the better VP.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5574

FEOS wrote:

I don't see it.

He has a kind of wide eyed intense stare that is supposed to come off as empathetic and sincere. It's creepy.
FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I don't see it.

He has a kind of wide eyed intense stare that is supposed to come off as empathetic and sincere. It's creepy.
Right.

Still don't see it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

Was Paul Ryan the guy who said he was a big proponent of ayn rand and then bitched when his government health insurance took too long to kick in, or was that someone else?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5953|London, England

that was him
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6643

War Man wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

You're old enough to vote?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5574

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I don't see it.

Right.

Still don't see it.
Well no one expects you to not see anything but angels and godly majesty around the guy so meh
FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Right.

Still don't see it.
Well no one expects you to not see anything but angels and godly majesty around the guy so meh
Right. Because I'm able to keep up with what's going on in the presidential race based on zero political advertising on AFN.

The only things I see WRT the candidates is what's available on line. And I don't see "creepy guy" when I look at Ryan. It has nothing to do with political leanings.

Your well-tuned, insightful assessment of my political views is--as normal--wrong. I see two two-man teams running against each other. Each team holds positions I agree with. Each holds positions I disagree with. Not sure how that translates into "angels and godly majesty" for either of them.
― Albert Einstein

War Man

mtb0minime wrote:

War Man wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

You're old enough to vote?
19, I've been voting this past year in fact. First vote was Romney as the Republican candidate
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6489|so randum

War Man wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I don't see it.

They are just saying it for shits as a cheap way of bashing him. They can't find any way of digging dirt on him so they resort to namecalling him something that doesn't make sense just to make him look bad.
don't insult warmans boyfriend guys
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Ryan is a little creepy and I'm not sure where I stand on his "Path to Prosperity," but at least he seems smart.

Biden is hilarious though:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la … 6123.story
Dick Cheney seemed smart, then he shot his friend.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5574

???

Smart people can't shoot their friends?!
FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

I'd say the dumb guy was the one who got on the wrong end of the bang stick.
― Albert Einstein

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6763|Noizyland

Wouldn't take much for War Man to break all sense of restraint and just dry-hump the fuck out of Paul Ryan's leg would it.

Ryan seems like someone who was steered towards being a one-dimensional Republican career politician. He's the larval stage of your standard white-headed conservative seat-warmer. He's intelligent but seems generally like an uninteresting sort of person of modest ambition who'll do what's asked of him and be a 'good Republican'. Basically a person suited perfectly to being VP. I wouldn't trust him as a potential President though.

Biden is just an old dude who's stopped caring what people think about him and hopes like Hell he's not required to do anything important. He's a decent backstop and a nice old disarming personality to have around. Short of a few old man gaffes he's not going to rock any boats. I wouldn't trust him as a potential President though.

So, meh. No-one as as interesting as Sarah Palin this time around. Ho hum.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

Your description would be spot on if it weren't for Ryan's role in the budgetary process. Those budgets that came out of his committee--like them or not--were something developed of his own initiative, and weren't entirely popular with the supposed "Republican base".
― Albert Einstein

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Ty, you're 100% correct, but that's not the way he will be sold. He'll be sold as someone that cares deeply about the deficit and has a plan to do something about fixing it. Nevermind that he voted for both wars, Medicare Part D, and TARP. His claim to fame is proposing a budget that would balance the federal governments books in 2040.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FEOS wrote:

Your description would be spot on if it weren't for Ryan's role in the budgetary process. Those budgets that came out of his committee--like them or not--were something developed of his own initiative, and weren't entirely popular with the supposed "Republican base".
His budget proposal was a complete joke.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard