Cisse
+63|4368
here
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

-Sh1fty- wrote:

FUCK YES! Just got my eye exam results and I see 20/30! Fuck yeah! Marines here I come!

All I need now is 5lbs more weight. So how many calories should I eat in a day to gain weight? I'm currently like 123lbs so I don't know if that helps. I'm doing some googling but coming up with different results. what do you guys think?

I don't eat all that much but i CAN eat a lot as evidenced by whenever there's a large amount of food available. My recruiter is pissed it's taking me so long to gain 5 pounds.
you have to be a minimum weight for enlistment?  My brother gained like 30 pounds at boot camp...

go to GNC and get some shakes that have like 1000 kc per serving
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
Yeah my skinny friends also gained 10-40 pounds at boot camp, but there's still a minimum weight. Up until two days before I went to MEPS they accepted weight waivers but not any more. So I'm 123 and I need to be 128 so I need five pounds.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4841|Amsterdam

-Sh1fty- wrote:

FUCK YES! Just got my eye exam results and I see 20/30! Fuck yeah! Marines here I come!

All I need now is 5lbs more weight. So how many calories should I eat in a day to gain weight? I'm currently like 123lbs so I don't know if that helps. I'm doing some googling but coming up with different results. what do you guys think?

I don't eat all that much but i CAN eat a lot as evidenced by whenever there's a large amount of food available. My recruiter is pissed it's taking me so long to gain 5 pounds.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=132423

It fully depends on what you want to achieve. Now I'm guessing you don't want lean muscle mass, you just want to gain 5lbs quick. That's easy.
Just eat a lot. Doesn't really matter what. Count your calories (use an app, there's also plenty of website that can help you with it) and make sure yoy get like 4000-5000 kcals. This is a lot. Trust me. For normal weight gain you eat like 3000-3500, normally a man eats roughly 2500, so yeah, you can see taht what you would have to eat is quite a bit more that normal.

BUt there's things that help. Whole milk for example. Drink half a gallon a day (more is better) and that's 1200kcals already. Nuts (and peanutbutter) are also high in calories. Make sure you get plenty of fats, carbs and protein (especially protein)

Normally i would recommend weightlifting as well, but if you actually manage to eat this much every day, you will probably have gained 5lbs in a month easy and lifting wont do that much for you in such a short period

This is a very summarized and quite frankly, horrible explanation. Head over to the thread i linked to if you want more (detailed) info.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-08-02 13:27:16)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

sit your ass down at some chinese buffet

and MCRD will probably put you on double rats
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4841|Amsterdam
Its going to be tons of fun when shifty is going to try out eating more and then truly finds out how much 5000kcals a day is.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
Thanks a lot Kampf!

SEREMAKER wrote:

sit your ass down at some chinese buffet

and MCRD will probably put you on double rats
Yeah that's already decided that I'll get double rats at MCRD. I like the chinese buffet idea, i know a cheap one nearby. Most buffets have terrible food though.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

you'll sweat the nastiness out later on ... you just need the lbs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

you have to be a minimum weight for enlistment?  My brother gained like 30 pounds at boot camp...

How do you gain weight at boot camp? Isn't the food you get there in 'just enough' portions. You are also in constant exercise. I would think you would lose weight?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

i don't know as I never went to boot camp, but he came back at least 30 lbs heavier.  And with 4 very bad tattoos
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
Shifty, for this once I'm gonna help you out.

Step 1: Eat 6 times a day. Two reasons for this; one, your body doesn't store protein (stuff in food that helps growing&repairing muscle) so eating huge amounts only once or twice a day won't help you grow. What you eat gets used and what your body doesn't need at that moment goes down the toilet, i.e. it's a waste of nutrients. The other reason is that it keeps your bodyfat% low, but I don't think that's an issue for you anyway so that doesn't need explaining. So: from now on, you eat 6 times a day - and you eat a lot. Because you're a skinny fucker and have been for as long as you been posting pictures of yourselves here it's safe to say that you should eat at least twice as much. I don't care if you're full, force feed yourself. You must grow. This is what it requires.

I can't help you with the specifics of the diet but I'm sure you know what 'eating healthy' means. Aim for around 3000 calories a day for starters, you can figure it out yourselves. Distribute your protein intake in the 6 meals. If you must, start using protein powder and make shakes a daily staple of your diet. How much protein do you need? Aim for about 1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

Step 2: At least 3 glasses of milk a day. You're a skinny fucker so drink whole milk. I'd prefer it if you drank about half a gallon or more a day because it'll help you get the calories you need to grow. Anyway, on to the issue; milk prevents stress fractures by strengthening your bones. 1000 mg of calcium a day is a good amount, which equates to 3 glasses of milk. Drink it. It'll help you get through bootcamp safely.

Step 3: Eat fruit. You need vitamin C, same reason as above. Also, drink lots of water. Hydrating yourself is super important. It prevents fatigue, straightforward shit. Hydrate yourself all throughout the day.

Step 4: Use these guidelines, start excersising properly. Start hitting the gym. Stick to the plan and you will grow rather fast. Oh, and sleeping is just as important as eating and excersising. 7-8 hrs a day.
inane little opines
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

shifty if you want to gain weight over time listen to shocking and kampf, if you just need to gain weight quickly, go to GNC and get weight gain shakes like this one
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

How do you gain weight at boot camp? Isn't the food you get there in 'just enough' portions. You are also in constant exercise. I would think you would lose weight?
Depends what kind of bootcamp. USMC recruit training isn't anywhere near the nastiness of SF training. In the latter, you'll shed every ounce of useless mass you have. In the former, probably either stay the same or gain weight. Most of these lads are young and not very fit so I suppose it's also in the interest of the USMC to make them bigger and stronger as fast as possible rather than breaking them down physically.
inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

shifty if you want to gain weight over time listen to shocking and kampf, if you just need to gain weight quickly, go to GNC and get weight gain shakes like this one
I'm not a fan of gainers because there's a lot of shit in there. He should be able to manage 3000 cals a day easily on a relatively normal, healthy diet. He just needs to eat more.

Kampframmer wrote:

Its going to be tons of fun when shifty is going to try out eating more and then truly finds out how much 5000kcals a day is.
waaaay too much. Pro bodybuilders struggle managing that, not to mention the effects it has on one's wallet.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-08-02 13:55:02)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Kampframmer wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=132423

It fully depends on what you want to achieve. Now I'm guessing you don't want lean muscle mass, you just want to gain 5lbs quick. That's easy.
Just eat a lot. Doesn't really matter what. Count your calories (use an app, there's also plenty of website that can help you with it) and make sure yoy get like 4000-5000 kcals. This is a lot. Trust me. For normal weight gain you eat like 3000-3500, normally a man eats roughly 2500, so yeah, you can see taht what you would have to eat is quite a bit more that normal.

BUt there's things that help. Whole milk for example. Drink half a gallon a day (more is better) and that's 1200kcals already. Nuts (and peanutbutter) are also high in calories. Make sure you get plenty of fats, carbs and protein (especially protein)

Normally i would recommend weightlifting as well, but if you actually manage to eat this much every day, you will probably have gained 5lbs in a month easy and lifting wont do that much for you in such a short period

This is a very summarized and quite frankly, horrible explanation. Head over to the thread i linked to if you want more (detailed) info.
Or just eat 2 MRE's
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Weight shakes? How about ... SHAKE WEIGHTS! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4841|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

Shifty, for this once I'm gonna help you out.

Step 1: Eat 6 times a day. Two reasons for this; one, your body doesn't store protein (stuff in food that helps growing&repairing muscle) so eating huge amounts only once or twice a day won't help you grow. What you eat gets used and what your body doesn't need at that moment goes down the toilet, i.e. it's a waste of nutrients. The other reason is that it keeps your bodyfat% low, but I don't think that's an issue for you anyway so that doesn't need explaining. So: from now on, you eat 6 times a day - and you eat a lot. Because you're a skinny fucker and have been for as long as you been posting pictures of yourselves here it's safe to say that you should eat at least twice as much. I don't care if you're full, force feed yourself. You must grow. This is what it requires.

I can't help you with the specifics of the diet but I'm sure you know what 'eating healthy' means. Aim for around 3000 calories a day for starters, you can figure it out yourselves. Distribute your protein intake in the 6 meals. If you must, start using protein powder and make shakes a daily staple of your diet. How much protein do you need? Aim for about 1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

Step 2: At least 3 glasses of milk a day. You're a skinny fucker so drink whole milk. I'd prefer it if you drank about half a gallon or more a day because it'll help you get the calories you need to grow. Anyway, on to the issue; milk prevents stress fractures by strengthening your bones. 1000 mg of calcium a day is a good amount, which equates to 3 glasses of milk. Drink it. It'll help you get through bootcamp safely.

Step 3: Eat fruit. You need vitamin C, same reason as above. Also, drink lots of water. Hydrating yourself is super important. It prevents fatigue, straightforward shit. Hydrate yourself all throughout the day.

Step 4: Use these guidelines, start excersising properly. Start hitting the gym. Stick to the plan and you will grow rather fast. Oh, and sleeping is just as important as eating and excersising. 7-8 hrs a day.
I don;t know how much time he has, but i figured he had maybe like 1 or 2 months. If that would be the case, this wouldn't make him gain weight quick enough.
Everything you said is 100% correct, no argument here, but it sounds more suited for someone that wnats to steadily gain muscle mass.

Shifty doesnt lift and he doesn't need to build lean muscle mass. All he needs is to gain 5 measly pounds for when he steps on the scale at the medical check-up.
I would back you up if he wanted to start living a more healthy life and look better, but he just need to gain a bit of weight quickly. The method i mentioned is something that i would never even try unless i was truly desperate and in a hurry. It seems that shifty is both these things.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
Oh and shifty if all else fails, drink a few gallons of water just before the medical checkup. That'll give you an extra few lbs for some minutes.

Kampframmer wrote:

I don;t know how much time he has, but i figured he had maybe like 1 or 2 months. If that would be the case, this wouldn't make him gain weight quick enough.
Everything you said is 100% correct, no argument here, but it sounds more suited for someone that wnats to steadily gain muscle mass.

Shifty doesnt lift and he doesn't need to build lean muscle mass. All he needs is to gain 5 measly pounds for when he steps on the scale at the medical check-up.
I would back you up if he wanted to start living a more healthy life and look better, but he just need to gain a bit of weight quickly. The method i mentioned is something that i would never even try unless i was truly desperate and in a hurry. It seems that shifty is both these things.
Oh he needs muscle mass alright, he's weak as fuck. In bootcamp they have a tendency of making the smallest, weakest guy (in this case probably shifty) fireman carry the largest lardass. He won't survive if he doesn't start eating and training. Besides if you truly do eat 3000/day spread into about 6 meals you'll gain a little fat on the side. He's young as well so growing shouldn't be a problem at all, 5 lbs in 2 months is np.

Last edited by Shocking (2012-08-02 14:01:02)

inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4841|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Depends what kind of bootcamp. USMC recruit training isn't anywhere near the nastiness of SF training. In the latter, you'll shed every ounce of useless mass you have. In the former, probably either stay the same or gain weight. Most of these lads are young and not very fit so I suppose it's also in the interest of the USMC to make them bigger and stronger as fast as possible rather than breaking them down physically.
From what I've heard everyone tends to get fitter in bootcamp (excluding SF ones ofc) because most people that join are of very average physical fitness and bootcamp makes them exercise more than usual (and for some eat better).
Fat guys tend to lose weight and skinny lads tend to gain.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4841|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

Oh and shifty if all else fails, drink a few gallons of water just before the medical checkup. That'll give you an extra few lbs for some minutes.
word
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4841|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Oh he needs muscle mass alright, he's weak as fuck. In bootcamp they have a tendency of making the smallest, weakest guy (in this case probably shifty) fireman carry the largest lardass. He won't survive if he doesn't start eating and training. Besides if you truly do eat 3000/day spread into about 6 meals you'll gain a little fat on the side. He's young as well so growing shouldn't be a problem at all, 5 lbs in 2 months is np.
My best recommendation would be the diet you suggested and a strength program like SL, madcow 5x5 or SS. But like i said, I don't know how much time shifty has.
Normally I would tell him not to worry because bootcamp is designed for the average joe, but considering that shifty doesnt even meet the minimum wieght requirement, i would say he isnt exactly average
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

You guys. Stop talking for a second. And appreciate my play on words.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

Kampframmer wrote:

My best recommendation would be the diet you suggested and a strength program like SL, madcow 5x5 or SS. But like i said, I don't know how much time shifty has.
Normally I would tell him not to worry because bootcamp is designed for the average joe, but considering that shifty doesnt even meet the minimum wieght requirement, i would say he isnt exactly average
SS is the shit. There's imo very very little difference between SL, SS and madcows. It's all about hitting that sweetspot in your number of sets. Over time I figured out that 5x4 is my magic number and I'm using an adaptation of SS on a 4-day split (ofcourse still as a backdrop to my sports and stuff). Love how the program was set up.

With that said, yes, SS all the way. I'm sure shifty has some time before he gets shipped off.

Kampframmer wrote:

From what I've heard everyone tends to get fitter in bootcamp (excluding SF ones ofc)
You gain mental fitness

Last edited by Shocking (2012-08-02 14:14:04)

inane little opines
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

i didn't know both you guys went through boot camp in the US
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
I know that the passing rate is 90%. If shifty flunks out he's either a massive genetic failure or a wuss.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard