Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Really it just seems like you randomly typed in 1000 questions. Watch batman begins, watch DKR again and pretty much all of it will make sense
What the fuck does Batman begins have to do with this movie's logical faults? My post wasnt about the plot or story. It was about the mechanics of the movie.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
Spoiler (highlight to read):

1. Does that matter? Both wayne & freeman knew. It's not at all impossible for her to have known about their projects lab.

2. About the police in the ground thing, I didn't remember. Either way, if they showed it, there's a reason for it.

The rest is just nitpicking shit really as it's totally unimportant to the overall plot. It's like people on other message boards complaining that it would have been impossible for the fly thing to gain enough speed in the end sequence. Remember it's just a movie. If you scrutinize films this way you'll always find something that's not realistic.
inane little opines
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

I wish since this was nolans last one that he had more easter eggs in the movie

the line about gators being in the sewers would have been perfect to mention instead of having " killer crocs " in the sewers

have more characters from the line up ... such as Strange, The Ventriloquist, Calendar Man so on & so on

instead of the gordon family moving to Cleveland, should have mentioned Metropolis

have the most briefest of cameo of Superman or at least Kent ( since Nolan is producing Man of Steel )
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

SEREMAKER wrote:

the line about gators being in the sewers would have been perfect to mention instead of having " killer crocs " in the sewers

have more characters from the line up ... such as Strange, The Ventriloquist, Calendar Man so on & so on

instead of the gordon family moving to Cleveland, should have mentioned Metropolis

have the most briefest of cameo of Superman or at least Kent ( since Nolan is producing Man of Steel )
Turning into one of those standard comic movies would really ruin this trilogy. So far it has seperated itself form DC and all other comic-book films and it has done the series really well.
Imagine if they would make a Justice League movie with this batman and the new superman? Batman would look so out of place because this trilogy was made somewhat realistic and really good by steering clear from that comic bullshit.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Kampframmer wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Turning into one of those standard comic movies would really ruin this trilogy. So far it has seperated itself form DC and all other comic-book films and it has done the series really well.
Imagine if they would make a Justice League movie with this batman and the new superman? Batman would look so out of place because this trilogy was made somewhat realistic and really good by steering clear from that comic bullshit.
theres not really a " standard " comic movie

theres the marvel way, with a overall universe that they try to tie-in the movies or nolans batman with ultra realism , even though he did a few easter eggs in B.B. ( the rest of comic movies to this point are either stand alones ie : watchmen or hopes for a franchise ie : green lantern )
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

but this is why I would stick with the " realistic " villains ..... with the nolan universe, it would be impossible to have a poison ivy or freeze but it could have been easy to squeeze in a few known names in the last one

with gordon in the hospital and quick shot of a docs name tag could have said Strange H.

the scene with Scarecrow doing the " court " would have been perfect to have a few other " realistic " villains there just standing around and we would have assumed Batman had caught them during the time period between begins and TDK

and doing a incorporation of getting superman in there .... the scene at the end with Alfred at the cafe and as he spots Bruce, have someone open up a newspaper in the background and on the cover is blurred picture of superman flying
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

SEREMAKER wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

theres the marvel way, with a overall universe that they try to tie-in the movies or nolans batman with ultra realism , even though he did a few easter eggs in B.B. ( the rest of comic movies to this point are either stand alones ie : watchmen or hopes for a franchise ie : green lantern )
The batman movies are obviously not like the rest of the comic-book films, regardless of DC or marvel. Nolan gave batman his own realistic twist and worked out really well (look at the joker or bane (not using venom etc etc)). IN most comic-book films the story is complete shit if you;re not a fan because in most cases tehy try and please the comic fans whilst trying to keep the mainstream crowd entertained. They do this by adding senseless over-the-top action scenes and horrible bit of comedy.

It's why avengers worked. All those seperate movies had that comic book style and so they fitted together really well.
You couldnt fit the current batman into anything, it simply wouldnt work.

Could you imagine Nolans batman together with Superman (who can basically save the world alone whereas batman can barely save gotham) a man who can do just about anything and Green Lantern (The Ryan Reynolds one)?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Macbeth wrote:

for the third time- at the end you see the engineers pulling the computer/autopilot out of the batfly. How did the batfly survive a nuclear explosion? All of its parts should have been melted and spread across the bay. Nothing would be recovered let alone in a condition to analyse the computers programming
There are two different Bats, one camo, which you see first and at the end, and the one flown. The update to the autopilot was a software patch that could be applied to both from a single computer.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Kampframmer wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

The batman movies are obviously not like the rest of the comic-book films, regardless of DC or marvel. Nolan gave batman his own realistic twist and worked out really well (look at the joker or bane (not using venom etc etc)). IN most comic-book films the story is complete shit if you;re not a fan because in most cases tehy try and please the comic fans whilst trying to keep the mainstream crowd entertained. They do this by adding senseless over-the-top action scenes and horrible bit of comedy.

It's why avengers worked. All those seperate movies had that comic book style and so they fitted together really well.

Could you imagine Nolans batman together with Superman (who can basically save the world alone whereas batman can barely save gotham) a man who can do just about anything and Green Lantern (The Ryan Reynolds one)?
Well we are going to see a nolianish superman

But yeah I could see a Superman, Batman teamup in the nolan universe but the only way it could truly work would be a realistic Superman villain - Luther ...... now imagine having Luther and Ra's teamup ....... something to the tune of Luther is the finance backer for the League, Luther throws down the cash and Ra's puts up the muscle ...... Ra's destroys citys and Luther comes in behind to take over and rebuild .... Ra's realizes that Superman is to good, to powerful and to re-store balance he must help Luther to destroy Superman

Also this would be at the beginning of Supermans appearance

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2012-07-28 09:16:19)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

SEREMAKER wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

But yeah I could see a Superman, Batman teamup in the nolan universe but the only way it could truly work would be a realistic Superman villain - Luther ...... now imagine having Luther and Ra's teamup ....... something to the tune of Luther is the finance backer for the League, Luther throws down the cash and Ra's puts up the muscle ...... Ra's destroys citys and Luther comes in behind to take over and rebuild .... Ra's realizes that Superman is to good, to powerful and to re-store balance he must help Luther to destroy Superman

I'm standing by my point that this batman isn't suited for anything outside of this trilogy, and I'm sure taht the same is going to go for the Nolan Superman.

This is one of those debates that has no real end to it and to be frank, the comic facts are turning it into a clash of nerds that I will take no part in.
We'll just agree to disagree
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

The one problem I had was about two thirds through I got a real bad itchy asshole that couldn't be satisfied with a quick scratch. I would have to stand up and really dig deep but that was out of the question. It was becoming painful too, one I could not ignore. True story. It kind of ruined the experience.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
well now i can read this thread and highlight spoilers, which makes it a lot better than when i read it without spoilers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Kampframmer wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I'm standing by my point that this batman isn't suited for anything outside of this trilogy, and I'm sure taht the same is going to go for the Nolan Superman.

This is one of those debates that has no real end to it and to be frank, the comic facts are turning it into a clash of nerds that I will take no part in.
We'll just agree to disagree
https://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/8/82/Agreed.jpg

https://www.nyrealestatelawblog.com/j0406569.jpg

https://christianfaithatwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/walk_away.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

just saw it, best ones in the series has to go begins > rises > tdk for me.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

this movie doesnt even make sense

how does bane eat?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

maybe he's on a liquid diet and theres a tube straw attached
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

He eats with his butthole.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

at comic bullshit remarks.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I suppose you could wonder how Darth Vader ate anything, unless it was like Spaceballs.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Darth Vader's a robot and eats his own jizz when he has alone time in his masturbation pod.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
but vader can take his helmet off
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

It's pretty obvious Bane is able to take the mask off, he shaves his head and his face. He would probably temporarily take his painkillers another way.

Saw it a second time last night. I don't usually see movies more than once but a friend hadn't seen it yet, I had nothing to do and it was Cheap Tuesdays. It's not as good second time around in terms of it being 'gripping' but it makes more sense and some plot holes get filled in. I'll write this not for the sake of changing anyone's opinion because I don't care but more because I was wondering the same things. Some people like pointing out plot holes, I like trying to fill them in.

Macbeth + Ty wrote:

So how did Bane know where Morgan Freeman kept his stuff and how did Morgan Freeman not realize someone is tunneling under him?
Fox didn't spend every waking minute in the R+D department, he had a company to run. As to how Bane knew it existed - who knows. Leaving this unexplained doesn't deduct from the story, Bane needed to be established as a mastermind, knowing Batman's identity and where his toys were developed was just part of this. It is also possible he learned of it through Talia who had been involved with Wayne Enterprises for a long time. Unbelievable? Maybe. This is a Batman film we're talking about.

Why did stock market not instantly close when it was taken over and why did none of the witnesses report to the police that Bane made a transaction?
Because they were cowering from armed mercenaries. I didn't see one of them peering over Bane's shoulder looking at what he was doing. They thought it was a robbery remember and the transaction was made through that tablet device after the network for the stock exchange was cut. All he seems to do at the exchange itself was hack into it. How? Though the magic of bad guy MacGuffins I guess.

If you had a flying aircraft capable of moving the bomb why not just jam the signal and fly the thing away. Why bother bringing it to the pedestal? Batman's autopilot was working....
Because it resulted in the bomb not exploding which was the optimum outcome. After this plan was made impossible this is exactly what they did though.

Speaking of the autopilot how did the batfly thing survive a nuclear blast intact enough to get a hold of its autopilot?
It didn't. The Bat at the end is a different model, (you can tell as it hasn't been painted black.) As to how they knew the autopilot was fixed, the technician says it was fixed with a software update which would have been applied to all models.

What is the point of keeping the police alive under the city if you are going to blow the whole place up anyway?
Bane explains this all to Bruce at the prison. His philosophy is that a person's/city's soul needs to be destroyed as well as everything else and he achieves this by ensuring hope survives despite inevitable destruction.

How did Bane know where the Special forces guys were instantly once they showed up?
He owned the city. Additionally Talia was there and it is possible she signalled to him.

How did Bruce Wayne end up on the opposite side of the world after getting knocked out?
They took him there. Remember Talia is the puppet master here and she says she has a plane, not to mention control of Wayne Enterprises. Admittedly one thing this film does poorly is demonstrate the passage of time. His journey back is also not elaborated on although with the time bomb ticking from "five months" to "it goes off tomorrow" while Batman was out of action a reasonable amount of time had passed. Certainly enough time for Bruce, who was shown in Batman Begins as being resourceful at travelling around without outside help, to make it back to Gotham.

How did Bane know Bruce Wayne was the Batman?
For one Bane is meant to be established as a mastermind and it is also shown that it is not impossible to work out who Batman is, (Blake did it as did Fox.) More importantly though Bane was a member of the League of Shadows and they all knew who Batman was. Whether or not Bane was still in the League at the time of Batman Begins it is still likely he wasn't completely cut off from the League, particularly given his relationship with Talia who also knew who Batman was, mostly likely through her father or just through her own involvement in the League.

So the whole world accepted that the piece of paper Bane was holding during his speech about Dent was the word of Gordon?
There's nothing to suggest it was accepted. Blake believed it only because he was with Gordon who confirmed it. It is also not shown who Bane is addressing along with the media, those storming the prison are likely his own people or those dissatisfied citizens who had joined with them.

Why did Bane's army charge at the police when the police were charging them? They had automatic weapons and all.
The police were outgunned, their charge was to diminish the effectiveness of the mercenaries' weapons by engaging in close combat. Batman had taken out their big guns and it was a narrow street meaning the merc's fire-power was diminished a little they had to charge. What fire-power the mercs had wasn't enough to stop the battle from being joined. Also it made the scene more dramatic.

Why did Batman tell everyone he was going to go die with the bomb if he would later reveal to them all that he was still alive?
He didn't reveal to them that he was still alive. Fox worked out the autopilot was working so he assumed Batman survived. Blake didn't work it out at all. Gordon only saw the repaired batsignal but there is no hint to suggest he worked out Bruce is alive. He revealed himself to Alfred because of their personal friendship and because he knew Alfred wouldn't spread the word. And he probably sent for Selina because he wanted to bone her and he can't be blamed for that. The point of faking his own death was because it was the best way he thought he could achieve his original intention of being a symbol which he hadn't managed until that point. In Begins he was a vigilante, in Knight he was a scapegoat, in Rises he finally became the symbol. There's a lot to be said for martyrdom I guess.

If Bane had a ninja army that could hijack planes midair then why is he outsourcing his burglary work to catwoman?
A ninja army that can hijack and tear apart a plane is one thing, a cat burgler to sneak into an establishment and lift fingerprints is something else entirely. Selina has expertise his organisation didn't have.

What is the point of making everyone think the scientist died in a plane crash if you and your ninja army already have him and to reveal to the world you do in like a week.
Like I said, the passage of time isn't portrayed very well in this film. However prior to Bane revealing him it is said that the scientist died six months ago in that plane crash. Bane was keeping him while his construction teams were rigging up the city.

How were the Swat instantly on the bar after cat woman tricked the guy into using her phone?
Beats me. Doesn't seem to matter though.

Where is the rest of the entire population of Gotham city while this is going on?
They're either living it up in anarchy or in hiding or as part of the police force underground.

Why did Bane let batman keep the leg brace when he put him in prison?
The leg brace is only really shown in one scene. It's possible it was only a temporary measure, indeed it's possible Bane did take it off and Bruce simply recovered enough to operate without it. It's also possible Bane never knew about it, it's not like Bruce wears shorts.
I think one of the film's key problem was a failure to properly depict the passage of time. Maybe this will be fixed in a directors cut. While we are told that eight years have passed since The Joker and Harvey Dent nothing really shows this. Bruce is still mourning for Rachael, the Mayor is still in office, Gordon is still Police Commissioner, it's all the same. I mean the film takes place over the course of a year. It's six months from Bane's plane crash 'till the time he set up us the bomb and another five months before the big finale happens. If it weren't for characters saying this you could easily not realise it and even though they do say it it is easy to forget.

That being said the 'plot holes' that people keep bringing up don't really amount to much. I heard one where someone was complaining that it was unrealistic Selina could operate the Bat Pod without any training or experience. They argued that it suggested that nothing but his gadgets made Batman special, that anyone with the same gadgets could do the same, that anyone could be Batman. Well doi, that's the point, Batman himself won't shut up about it.

All the "plot holes" I've read about are pretty easily filled in from details either in the film or it's prequels and most are pretty nit-pick-y anyway, especially given the subject matter. The film's problems weren't it's plot but its structure and even with those problems it was still a fun ride. Still, it's not like anyone else's criticisms impact my own enjoyment of the film, I'd give it a solid eight out of ten.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Screw spoilers.

Batman was introduced in Detective Comics.  That, plus his martial training = not just anyone could take his place.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Gotta love how highlights show through spoilers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard