Sh1fty wrote:

I need something for home defense
LOL OK....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rdx-fx
+955|6582

Dilbert_X wrote:

LOL OK....
You rather he go with his Swiss roots, and have a SIG 550 over the mantle?

Swiss and Israelis are better at the US 2nd Amendment than Americans are...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
The Swiss have their firearms for national defence.
The Israelis for national theft.
rdx-fx
+955|6582
Yep. That's the theory behind the 2nd Amendment here too.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5348|London, England

_j5689_ wrote:

SxS shotguns don't need two triggers, but many of the older ones like that one have them because that's how they used to be made for simplicity, a lot of newer ones don't have two triggers or external hammers like that one, but those features can come as options on some models.  Single trigger shotguns simply can't fire both barrels at one time because they semi-automatically fire from one barrel on one pull and the other on the next so it would only be pull, release, pull again and just fire the shots consecutively rather than concurrently.  Over-unders also automatically revert to the top barrel whenever you crack them open to reload(at least on the ones I've fired) so you can just keep firing and reloading only one shot if it's for trap shooting.  They are functionally the perfect skeet/trap gun as long as everything works right.  Sometimes one barrel can have different firing characteristics from the other if the gun wasn't maintained or built properly and in other cases sometimes one barrel won't even fire(my uncle's SxS shotgun occasionally does this)

I prefer side by side shotguns for the look, they're also usually a lot a cheaper than over-unders for some reason
For my bachelor party a few weeks ago, we rented five different shotguns and each took turns firing them. My brother had his own Remington 870 Express (pump), I had a semi-auto Benelli, my stepfather had an over-under etc. The most pleasant weapon to fire was the Benelli, by a lot. The break-open design of the over-under was aesthetically pleasing, but the weapon kicked like a mule and wasn't any fun to shoot. We each put a hundred rounds down range and I can't imagine what my shoulder would've felt like at the end of the day if I'd selected that weapon off the rack. If I ever get a hair up my ass and decide to spend money on a shotgun, it will be a semi-auto.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum
you get bruised shoulders, end up half deaf and feel like you've been hit by a car the morning after a day of shooting with them

but its
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6705|US
I was at a 3 gun competition a while back, and the Mossberg I was going to use broke.  I borrowed a friend's Saiga, and wow!  Fun shotgun to shoot.  About 1/3 to 1/2 the felt recoil.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There you go Sh1fty - get one of these.
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-720-semi-auto/
https://www.cz-usa.com/assets/cache/f2/f4/f2f4a8344a08158d4b4dc5c80f821d54.png
$499
Get a 20 gauge, you don't need 12Ga

Actually just get a bat, you're too gormless to have a gun for home defense - you'll shoot your mum, your sisters, yourself or your mirror as you practice your moves.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum
seconding 20bore

it'll drop anything within the your HOME DEFENSE parameters, and since you're leaner than most skeletons it probably won't hurt you when you're clay shooting

also please don't shoot your sisters, they have potential

Last edited by FatherTed (2012-07-28 17:19:16)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

wow...
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5955|London, England

un if someone broke into your house and threatened to unorganize your steam games would you even hesitate to shoot him with your shotgun
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire
doesnt matter steam does it for him
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

^
rdx-fx
+955|6582

FatherTed wrote:

you get bruised shoulders, end up half deaf and feel like you've been hit by a car the morning after a day of shooting with them

but its
He's talking about shooting shotguns, Ted, not a weekend long pub crawl in Belfast.

Though, all things considered, the distinction may be vanishingly fine for Father Teds
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6558|Mountains of NC

1 gun sold

3 more to go
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5464|Ventura, California

Dilbert_X wrote:

There you go Sh1fty - get one of these.
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-720-semi-auto/

$499
Get a 20 gauge, you don't need 12Ga

Actually just get a bat, you're too gormless to have a gun for home defense - you'll shoot your mum, your sisters, yourself or your mirror as you practice your moves.
Nope that sucks. Oh and 20 is for pussies, I shoot 12s just fine and my shoulder isn't bruised after 30 rounds so I see no reason to not use the bigger bullet.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why does it 'suck'?

And presumably you mean cartridge?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Why would I want a smaller round, bullet, cartridge, whatever the fuck? My favorite weapon to shoot is an M1 Garand and that's a big .30-.06

I want something that will destroy that clay pigeon/ TV / cardboard box, (hopefully not) human, etc.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum
before you buy a shotgun for HOME DEFENSE you should probably know what they shoot hth
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
oh no, I have been shooting shotguns safely since I was 12 but on an internet forum I couldn't asked to type "cartridge" so I went with the simpler bullet. I'm not qualified to own a shotgun for home defense.

Why the fuck do you keep bringing that up, are you mentally retarded? Do you know what the chances are of this house being broken into? I'm going skeet shooting, destroying any old TVs I can find (CRTs are like $20 on craiglist ) and destroying rocks with slugs.
Reciprocity
+721|6571|the dank(super) side of Oregon
is shitty even a citizen? 

also:  skeet skeet skeet.   oh ten years ago, i miss you.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4958|Dundee, Scotland.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why the fuck do you keep bringing that up, are you mentally retarded? Do you know what the chances are of this house being broken into?
Why do you need a shotgun then?

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm going skeet shooting, destroying any old TVs I can find (CRTs are like $20 on craiglist ) and destroying rocks with slugs.
Well that's an incredibly mature reason for owning a fucking FIREARM.

Also, stop bitching and whining about not being able to afford a car, and then buying a shotgun.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum

-Sh1fty- wrote:

oh no, I have been shooting shotguns safely since I was 12 but on an internet forum I couldn't asked to type "cartridge" so I went with the simpler bullet. I'm not qualified to own a shotgun for home defense.

Why the fuck do you keep bringing that up, are you mentally retarded? Do you know what the chances are of this house being broken into? I'm going skeet shooting, destroying any old TVs I can find (CRTs are like $20 on craiglist ) and destroying rocks with slugs.
errr because you said you wanted a shotgun for home defense
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Camm wrote:

Also, stop bitching and whining about not being able to afford a car, and then buying a shotgun.
HEEEeeeyyy...gun = $300  car = ~$5000-8000 (good one)

but you have an excellent point
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum
so don't buy a good car you moron. you're a teenager, you're meant to have a shit car
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard