BRiiNDED
+137|6095
Right, whenever I log into MY account on the PC, it takes ages to load, doesn't allow anything to be accessed whilst in that state, then it freezes for a second, flashes white after a little rectangular box appears in the middle of the screen (I can't read it as it happens so fast), then comes back. The desktop icons then disappear a second after that, and the task bar after that, leaving only my background. Task manager can be accessed through control, alt, delete, however it then disappears when its brought up.

When I log on to admin, or my girlfriends account, its fine. It runs fine in safe mode. Before it got this bad I managed to end the 'explore.exe' process and re-run in again just to see if it was a simple solution. No. Tried a load of other bits. I tried running SpybotSnD. Picked up couple little errors, sorted those, didn't fix this.

Spent about 2 hours trying to get it back at the moment, but got to go to work. Was hoping if anyone has heard of it or had it, then they could help me out, or post a solution. Thanks.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

May be a corrupt Windows profile.

Rename C:\Users\youraccount to C:\Users\youraccount.old (where youraccount is the messed up account username)
Log out
Log back in to youraccount (may take a while because it thinks you're logging in for the first time)
Cut/Copy required files from C:\Users\youraccount.old\My Documents, Pictures, etc. to C:\Users\youraccount

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard