Brasso
+1,549|6621

the postseason ban doesn't already gut the program? who is going to play for a school that has literally no chance at a bowl game?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
i hate to sound like a broken record

"As a result of sanctions issued by both USC and the NCAA, the Trojan athletic program received some of the harshest penalties ever meted out to a Division 1 program. The football team was forced to vacate the final two wins of its 2004 national championship season, as well as all of its wins in 2005. It was also banned from bowl games in both 2010 and 2011 and was docked 30 scholarships over three years. The basketball team gave up all of its wins from the 2007-08 season and sat out postseason play in 2010.

Shortly after the NCAA handed out its penalties, the Football Writers Association of America announced it would no longer recognize the Trojans as its 2004 national champion.[4] In June 2011, the Bowl Championship Series stripped the Trojans of the 2004 BCS title, though the Associated Press still recognizes the Trojans as its national champions for 2004.

Bush is the first person in the Heisman Trophy's history to give his trophy back to the Heisman Trust, and the 2004 season is the only one in the award's history for which there is no winner."
Tu Stultus Es
Brasso
+1,549|6621

i understand USC lost its scholarships. i didn't know that before because i don't know much about college football, so thank you. but it still doesn't answer the question. who is going to go to a school (as a serious student athlete) that doesn't have any eligibility in bowl games? it made no sense to dock the scholarships in the USC case either.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
the NCAA is a corrupt, hypocritical organization.  they are punishing penn state for putting football/athletics first when that is the reason they exist in the first place.
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

That's the point - to punish the football program (the same program that hid much of the transgressions).
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
they are punishing them for sports culture they encourage.  they will never do something this drastic again.
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

like you said though, NCAA is a joke. Bunch of old white dudes making money off the back of poor college kids and stupid alumni
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
If you had no real moral integrity and you could make yourself look like the good guy whilst pocketing $60 million at the same time from it, wouldn't you do it too?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Meh, the Penn State people - admin and students - don't seem to have given a fuck so far.
Maybe they will now.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Frank Reynolds
+65|4320

Brasso wrote:

the postseason ban doesn't already gut the program? who is going to play for a school that has literally no chance at a bowl game?
ask USC you idiot

and in typical no clue central PA hick fashion i read your posts in this thread and for some reason am not surprised.

Last edited by Frank Reynolds (2012-07-24 06:41:26)

What are you looking at dicknose
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5054
Penn State got what they had coming! Fuck those child molesting bastards!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

cdailey2142 wrote:

Yep, the whole university was one just pedophile ring.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

inb4haffeysucks
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

Oh please, 99% of the students are not gonna be affected. They aren't football players, they aren't footing the $60M fine themselves, frankly the only damage that's been done to them was done by Sandusky since he caused the PSU name to be associated with his awful actions.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-07-24 08:28:35)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tuckergustav
+1,590|5905|...

_j5689_ wrote:

If you had no real moral integrity and you could make yourself look like the good guy whilst pocketing $60 million at the same time from it, wouldn't you do it too?
Aren't they donating it all?
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5054

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

Oh please, 99% of the students are not gonna be affected. They aren't football players, they aren't footing the $60M fine themselves, frankly the only damage that's been done to them was done by Sandusky since he caused the PSU name to be associated with his awful actions.
All the students there can transfer to other schools if they have an issue with the repercussions of this. Although I don't see how any student other than the football team are really effected by this. The school isn't increasing tuition for students or cutting anything other than football scholarships so I fail to see how the general student population is being penalized by this outcome. Personally I would not want to be affiliated with the school after this kind of scandal. I would think incoming students and football players in particular would rethink their decision to attend PSU. Wouldn't surprise me to see a huge drop in enrollment over the next four years.

Last edited by cdailey2142 (2012-07-24 10:23:29)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

cdailey2142 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

All the students there can transfer to other schools if they have an issue with the repercussions of this. Although I don't see how any student other than the football team are really effected by this. The school isn't increasing tuition for students or cutting anything other than football scholarships so I fail to see how the general student population is being penalized by this outcome. Personally I would not want to be affiliated with the school after this kind of scandal. I would think incoming students and football players in particular would rethink their decision to attend PSU. Wouldn't surprise me to see a huge drop in enrollment over the next four years.
Are you a mong? Why should any current or former student feel any shame about attending PSU because of the actions of a few people that had nothing to do with academics? Seriously, this is the dumbest shit I've seen on the internet. Congratulations.

You're clearly a dipshit that thinks colleges are there only to provide sports teams for your personal entertainment.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5054

Jay wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Are you a mong? Why should any current or former student feel any shame about attending PSU because of the actions of a few people that had nothing to do with academics? Seriously, this is the dumbest shit I've seen on the internet. Congratulations.

You're clearly a dipshit that thinks colleges are there only to provide sports teams for your personal entertainment.
By your comment's spelling inaccuracies I can tell you certainly did not attend college or if you did it was a special school for "Mongs" as you put it.
BTW mong is not a real word. But I understand that you use the urban dictionary so we'll let that one slide!
First "internet" should be capitalized. It's treated as a proper noun and therefore you capitalize it. But I don't want to confuse you on that one. Next "dipshit" is not a single word but in fact two separate words. Here's an example. Jay is an uneducated dip shit! There seeing it in text should help you remember next time. I would suggest going to a place called a library. Ask someone they'll explain what it is. When you get there by taking the short bus I'm sure please ask to look at a dictionary. It might help with your mental handicap. Retardation is nothing to be ashamed of and I am pulling for you my little mong. Now go make daddy proud!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Oooooh, someone's mad.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom

cdailey2142 wrote:

Jay wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

By your comment's spelling inaccuracies I can tell you certainly did not attend college or if you did it was a special school for "Mongs" as you put it.
BTW mong is not a real word. But I understand that you use the urban dictionary so we'll let that one slide!
First "internet" should be capitalized. It's treated as a proper noun and therefore you capitalize it. But I don't want to confuse you on that one. Next "dipshit" is not a single word but in fact two separate words. Here's an example. Jay is an uneducated dip shit! There seeing it in text should help you remember next time. I would suggest going to a place called a library. Ask someone they'll explain what it is. When you get there by taking the short bus I'm sure please ask to look at a dictionary. It might help with your mental handicap. Retardation is nothing to be ashamed of and I am pulling for you my little mong. Now go make daddy proud!
i hate to defend jay but this post was pure fail.  nobody gives a fuck about spelling and grammar.
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
uzique says mong it must be a word

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dipshit
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
rthki, do you feel shame because your former governor was Blagojevich (or however you spell his name)? You should. Every time you tell people that you are from Illinois you will be associated with his sins. You should move.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

cdailey2142 wrote:

Jay wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

how do you function in real life
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Mutantbear wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

Jay wrote:

You forgot to put a question mark after that sentence, mong.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

You forgot to put a question mark after that sentence, mong.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard