Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

War Man wrote:

Marines absolutely have no benefits though, it's all about being a Marine.
wat
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

War Man wrote:

If that post doesn't confirm that you have the bergers, I don't know what post will.

By benefits I mean job benefits like retirement, health insurance, 401k etc.  Not whatever you were thinking of, unless for some misguided reason you don't see those as benefits

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-07-21 19:32:29)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

War Man wrote:

dat autism
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

_j5689_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

If that post doesn't confirm that you have the bergers, I don't know what post will.

By benefits I mean job benefits like retirement, health insurance, 401k etc.  Not whatever you were thinking of, unless for some misguided reason you don't see those as benefits
Yes, but other branches offer more benefits.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Explain
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

_j5689_ wrote:

Explain
Tu Stultus Es
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Jaekus wrote:

War Man wrote:

dat autism
bf2s.com - where autism fights with asbergers
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
aspergers
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

War Man wrote:

*after being corrected*

War Man wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

assburgers, who gives a fuck. my point is warman would step on a dollar to pick up a dime, aussieraeper would post a picture of it, finray would claim it was first posted on reddit, hurricane would moan how much a dollar would help him out, eleven bravo would claim how neocons twisted it, jay would lament that a dollar wouldn't buy a donut nowadays, tuckergustav would ban someone, KENNINGS would close the topic and Gibson would take another week off.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

and burnnz would turn another year older
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

War Man wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

...they all have the exact same benefits. The only difference is signing bonuses.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
rdx-fx
+955|6561

Jay wrote:

...they all have the exact same benefits. The only difference is signing bonuses.
Exactly.

All of the Federal Armed Forces have the same general benefits.
Major differences only show up between Guard and Reserve.
Guard generally gets better benefits than Reserve, as guard is State sponsored with Federal addon benefits.

Depending on the state you enlist to federal active duty from, you may also get additional state benefits after your end of enlistment too. Wisconsin was especially good to people I know.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The govt shouldn't make workfare so cushy, it defeats the whole point.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rdx-fx
+955|6561

13urnzz wrote:

assburgers, who gives a fuck. my point is warman would step on a dollar to pick up a dime, aussieraeper would post a picture of it, finray would claim it was first posted on reddit, hurricane would moan how much a dollar would help him out, eleven bravo would claim how neocons twisted it, jay would lament that a dollar wouldn't buy a donut nowadays, tuckergustav would ban someone, KENNINGS would close the topic and Gibson would take another week off.
hah!

Dilbert would blame Israel, FEOS would make a line-by-line rebuttal to Dilbert, and eleven bravo would make some pithy one line comment like "Fistfull of Dollars"
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejo … incent.htm
Was a long time ago since I read this. Apparently misread.

Still, Army is better.

rdx-fx wrote:

Depending on the state you enlist to federal active duty from, you may also get additional state benefits after your end of enlistment too. Wisconsin was especially good to people I know.
What are the rankings as far as state benefits go?

13urnzz wrote:

assburgers, who gives a fuck. my point is warman would step on a dollar to pick up a dime
Actually, I'd take the dollar instead, maybe try to get the dime if able.

Last edited by War Man (2012-07-21 21:42:55)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

rdx-fx wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

hah!

Dilbert would blame Israel, FEOS would make a line-by-line rebuttal to Dilbert quote a bunch of made-up Stratfor nonsense, and eleven bravo would make some pithy one line comment like "Fistfull of Dollars"
And rdx-fx would shout 'freedom' and drive his lifted 10l supercharged monster truck in circles burning Saudi diesel as fast as possible to prove how much he loves America.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i picture rdx on a range sighting in a rifle on this;

https://i.imgur.com/1eSw5.jpg
rdx-fx
+955|6561
Actually, it's a Subaru WRX turbo.

The targets are steel plates between 25 yards (pistol), and 100-2000 yards(rifle).

Yelling "Freeeeedommm!" works okay if you're lofting a Scottish Greatsword.
Kinda fucks with your aim behind a rifle, though...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

rdx-fx wrote:

Actually, it's a Subaru WRX turbo
You know they're made in the same factory as the planes that bombed Pearl Harbour?

Thats why I bought my Subaru but really.
rdx-fx
+955|6561

rdx-fx wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

You know they're made in the same factory as the planes that bombed Pearl Harbour?

I also like my German optics, cutlery, footwear, and such too.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

What's the difference between a D+ST threat and an EE Chats thread? About three pages. Ba-dum pish.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/07/11/t … omers-vs-y

Interesting article, easily digestible even if the author seems like an obnoxious git.

Edit: My attempts to be topical are in vain, Jay informs me he has already linked to this article. Damn you all!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

rdx-fx wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I also like my German optics, cutlery, footwear, and such too.
Bier
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Here's a different, better, article on the wealth gap between the young and the old, and how old people are sucking everyone dry: http://reason.com/archives/2012/07/23/g … al-warfare
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Funny.  I read the article as entitlement youth expecting something now from long term retirement plans.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard