-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Had the same thought.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but apparently the theater doesn't allow CCW. So yeah, outlawing citizens carrying guns definitely prevents people from committing crimes with guns.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Gun massacres are such rare and extreme events that you cannot use them in gun debates. One way of the other.

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-07-20 12:15:41)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Maybe there wouldn't have been a "massacre".
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Only 24 happen a year. This the largest since the FT. Hood terror attack in '09.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State

mtb0minime wrote:

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but apparently the theater doesn't allow CCW. So yeah, outlawing citizens carrying guns definitely prevents people from committing crimes with guns.
hmm, I honestly doubt CCW would have changed this unless there were like 5 CCW holders in that theater.

guy comes in, he's pretty obviously prepared for resistance (body armor, gas, helmet)

he's got a rifle, you've got a pistol.

You probably have to hit him in the face to get an incapacitating shot

low light conditions

is it likely?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Trotskygrad wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

hmm, I honestly doubt CCW would have changed this unless there were like 5 CCW holders in that theater.

guy comes in, he's pretty obviously prepared for resistance (body armor, gas, helmet)

low light conditions

is it likely?
How about shooting the legs?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля

War Man wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

low light conditions

is it likely?
yeah, ok, you hit him in the legs, he shoots back and you die. He probably can continue to limp through the theatre.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Trotskygrad wrote:

War Man wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

low light conditions

is it likely?
yeah, ok, you hit him in the legs, he shoots back and you die. He probably can continue to limp through the theatre.
Hit him in the legs, thank he will be manly enough to continue fucking standing or fucking fall and cry like a baby and maybe shoot back ya? I think the latter in this situation, also delays him 1-2 seconds giving an opportunity to shoot his limbs, if you hit his shooting arm he will have trouble shooting you back.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля

War Man wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

War Man wrote:

Hit him in the legs, thank he will be manly enough to continue fucking standing or fucking fall and cry like a baby and maybe shoot back ya? I think the latter in this situation, also delays him 1-2 seconds giving an opportunity to shoot his limbs, if you hit his shooting arm he will have trouble shooting you back.
you think you can hit a limb consistently in a dark theatre while being gassed (and shot at)

k gl.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Trotskygrad wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

low light conditions

is it likely?
Still better than nothing. There'd be a few less defenseless people.
Trotskygrad
бля

mtb0minime wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

low light conditions

is it likely?
Still better than nothing. There'd be a few less defenseless people.
perhaps but I doubt a CCW would be able to do anything but become another casualty

as heartless as that sounds
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6387
really would depend on the ccws position in relation to the shooter, the shooters position in relation to other people, and the ccws shooting ability
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля

west-phoenix-az wrote:

really would depend on the ccws position in relation to the shooter, the shooters position in relation to other people, and the ccws shooting ability
yeah, but I would argue that the odds are against the CCW in the majority of the permutations of those variables.

there are probably more CCWs who are bad or mediocre shots than good shots.

chances are the shooter would have the advantage of surprise

chances are the shooter would have entered through an exit and have the low ground relative to the shooter, but the audience would have been silhouetted against the light of the projector.

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2012-07-20 13:21:16)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6387
lots of variables
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

What a worthless thread. Predictable too
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Trotskygrad
бля

Mutantbear wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

What a worthless thread. Predictable too
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
Thread isn't totally worthless. This is:
Seriously America, what the fuck...
Just shows the world is fascinated with completely domestic US issues. This happens anywhere else, and a fraction of the people outside of that country care, except geographical neighbors.
rdx-fx
+955|6589

eleven bravo wrote:

should ban white people

west-phoenix-az wrote:

should ban white people
now, now...

wait your turn.

'we're currently eradicating other colors, please wait your turn, and your call for genocide will be answered in the order received'
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
yeah see this debate about fending him off is cool and cute but a) he had fucking tear gas, b) you'd be sitting in a cinema enjoying the latest batman installment with a box of nachos and a large coke, and go from super chilled to TERMINATOR in a split second, and oh c) you'd be confident about not blowing away tyrone and latisha while you try some trick-3rd toe shot on this dude (in a packed, dark, gas filled cinema)

ok kbrdheros

Last edited by FatherTed (2012-07-20 13:53:23)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Do people really think it is reasonable for someone in a dark theater, packed with people, who has been exposed to tear gas to be able to effectively return fire on a target that's wearing body armor?

Seriously, if anyone tried they'd probably just end up shooting someone who wasn't the assailant.
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
"In exactly two weeks this will all be over and it will be like it never happened."
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Roc18 wrote:

"In exactly two weeks this will all be over and it will be like it never happened."
just like trayvon martin shooting, right?
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5718|Gulf Coast

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

just like trayvon martin shooting, right?
Two weeks might not be the right time frame but I still agree with the general statement. It will be yet another media circus that will pack up and leave town at the first hint of a ratings drop.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard