spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Chorcai wrote:

yea the thing is this is NOT "Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2 or a round of Defusal in Counter-Strike" will people PISS OFF and play COD/CS:S and stop bitching that tank are killing the planes hurt me the BH is to good IM SICK TO THE BACK END OF MY TEETH OF THIS UTTER BULLSHIT. THIS IS NOT CS:S ITS BF2 !!!!!!!!
who said anything about counterstrike source mate?
High Spirit
+5|6573|Canada, Eh?

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

The truth behind patch 1.3?

Seen a lot of 'opinions' so far, with a few things standing out. Maybe they are the truths...

People report that a jeep landing on a tank is lame. (not been an unhappy tankwhore from this yet)
People report server browsed has been borkanated. (agreed)
People report more stability related issues. (agreed)
Some feel cheated because of the award requirements, while others feel they got some cool stuff.
(I'm 50/50 on this one, I like some of the edits, but others are...making me feel like I worked for fsck all)

As for saying 'there is nothign wrong with teh patch', thats bs to be honest, any new product has teething problems, but with EA, it's normally like dentistry without anaesthesia.

As stated, I crash to desktop after clicking join at times, only since 1.3, and trying to find a server that
a: shows #of players on server correctly.
b: shows players in detail pane.
c: shows IP.
d: doesn't lie through it's proverbial teeth about the fscking ping.
can last longer than some rounds.

There will always be people who slate a product in it's entirety, I hear they are called 'haters', so what are people who refuse to see the fault in a product, however blatant, called?
The server browser problem appears to be caused by the server side of things. I cannot get any of my scripts/programs to communicate with the servers running v1.3. Everything else, appears to be ok. I installed the incremental patch and have so far had no problems (knock on wood).
Linus
+53|6655

Spearhead wrote:

I have just installed the full version of patch 1.3... and here is what I have to say.

This is not as bad as everyone is crying and bitching about it being. 

1. Squad hopping.  Although squad hopping has been removed, now it takes actual strategy and skill in leading a squad.  Yes, of course you can still move in and assault flags as a squad leader.  But, you just have to think about what you're doing.  Some of you may not like to hear it, but there really is no reason to complain about squads now.  If anyone here has ever played a round of Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2 or a round of Defusal in Counter-Strike, you will have no trouble in adapting to the new squads.  As squad leader, your objective is to help your team, but with a new catch : you have to stay alive.  TRUST me when I say that it is not as hard as it sounds.

Plus, with the new squad tactics, you actually have to meet and learn to trust your squad members/leader.  If you're squad members aren't spawning on you when they should be, than kick them, simple as that.  Vice versa with the squad leader.  If he isn't doing his job and providing you with a safe spawn point, (at least sometimes) than simply leave the squad.  Now BF2 actually has that "Brothers in Arms" feel to it, you have to think before you act, and moving in tight formation with your squad (whether using vehicles or not) is always a good choice.

2. Air dropping vehicles.  Alright, it may be a little faulty, such as the retarded "NYC" accent the player has when requesting for one, and the fact that you can drop them anywhere on the map.  Sure, the fact that you can drop vehicles anywhere on the map really isn't well thought-out, but that is easily avoidable on clan servers with admins on.  If a commander is abusing the Vehicle drop, than you can kick/ban him, simple as that.  I just finished playing in a mature well-maintained clan run server, and I have yet to see someone abuse the Vehicle drop.  When you have a good Commander, like the one I just had, you will find the Vehicle drop to be helpful, in most situations.  On Wake Island I was flying a BH with our Commander, 2 players from another squad (including their squad leader), and one player from my squad.  I landed by the bridge to the west of the South Base, unloaded the troops, and bam, we instantly had 6-8 players spawned on the Island ready to go, along with a freshly air dropped FAV for transport.

If you find the right servers to play in, there is no reason to trust the hype about 1.3.  The minor things can and will be fixed, and IMO, if someone is complaining about the new squad system, they just don't know how to play as a team.  Although it could've been done better, I really do not think that 1.3 is as bad as everyone is saying it is.
havent they worn out that line  "the minor things can and will be fixed"

anyone who says the above statement and knows EA/DICE's history of supporting a game with REAL
TRUE fixes, scares the hell out of me.. 

Ive got a bridge Id like to sell you..

having said that... I like the car drop.. I just think they should have used their brain BEFORE and
made sure it wouldnt be exploited like its going to be (already is...)  EA/DICE never thinks ahead..
Its always 'get this patch out! so we can start working on the next patch this one will require..'

worst programmers in the business, bar none.

Last edited by Linus (2006-05-24 06:52:52)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Chorcai wrote:

yea the thing is this is NOT "Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2 or a round of Defusal in Counter-Strike" will people PISS OFF and play COD/CS:S and stop bitching that tank are killing the planes hurt me the BH is to good IM SICK TO THE BACK END OF MY TEETH OF THIS UTTER BULLSHIT. THIS IS NOT CS:S ITS BF2 !!!!!!!!
My point is... gone are the days of dying 20 or more times per round as squad leader... squad hopping can't save your squads ass any longer.. it's time to start earning the right for your squad to be able to spawn on you, and by doing that you have to learn how to survive.   IMO, you shouldn't have the right to be a squad leader if you can't even stay alive longer than 2 minutes.  That's just me though.

Linus wrote:

havent they worn out that line  "the minor things can and will be fixed"

anyone who says the above statement and knows EA/DICE's history of supporting a game with REAL
TRUE fixes, scares the hell out of me.. 

worst programmers in the business, bar none.
I'm not praising EA/Dice for this patch.. and I agree, in other patches, they really have f*cked the game up pretty bad, such as the damn PKM sniper heave machinegun rifle so many of us remember.  I'm just trying to get my point across-- I waited until last night at 3 AM to download the patch, because of all of the bad stuff I had been hearing, but when I actually got a chance to play on a server with it, it was no where as bad as other people had been saying it was.  So I made this post for the people who still haven't played it, to tell them that it's not as bad as the "haters" think it is.  I'm not saying this patch is 100 percent good, I'm saying that it's not 100 percent bad. 

If you're having problems, go to a different server.  Go to smaller, clan-run servers with lots of support and admins, and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-24 16:47:53)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

Spearhead wrote:

I've been playing some more and I have a few questions--

Are the air dropped vehicles randomly selected?  On Karkand, I was on USMC, and I requested for two vehicle drops and got a Humvee both times.  On Wake Island, it appears that the only vehicles that both teams get are FAV's and DPV's.  Anyone else noticing this?
Karkand doesn't have any buggys or jeeps, so they have to drop Humvees...
City maps get Humvees, beach/Tropical maps get Buggys.

Any map that has Buggys or jeep at a spawn gets a buggy or jeep

Any map that doesn't have any buggys or jeeps in a spawn point gets A humvee/armored car.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6764

dld4217 wrote:

I downloaded 1.3 last night.  Each time I try to join a server, the game crashes and returns me to my desktop.  Have not even had a chance to play the new patch.  It kind of does suck right now.
Same here.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6626|Las Vegas
Server browser is FUBARED. 

Can't see the server IP in game (so I can't tell my friends the IP to join the server I'm playing on).

Crashes to desktop CONSTANTLY.

FPS has taken a hit.

I LOVE IT!!!

KiL
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6588
Oh my god, it crashes like mad in the freaking server browser.

Its like If I take to long, boom.

Not to mention, on top of this, it updates the servers REALLY SLOW now.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

KingLou wrote:

Server browser is FUBARED. 

Can't see the server IP in game (so I can't tell my friends the IP to join the server I'm playing on).

Crashes to desktop CONSTANTLY.

FPS has taken a hit.

I LOVE IT!!!

KiL
Not having any of those probs.... sorry, dude But at least you can still play the game, right?  Back when 1.2 came out, I had to buy a new video card because they dropped support for the ATI cards.  200 bucks, down the drain.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-24 17:21:38)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
You should see the competetive community.. It's almost funny, so many people have left
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
joker8baller
+68|6668
lol no shit.... It's kinda sad to see pros being driven away from noobs.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You should see the competetive community.. It's almost funny, so many people have left
Have you ever seen the vid "20ID does BF2" via Xfire download?  It's almost funny how much those people relied on Squad rotating. 

If you have Xfire, and have NOT seen this movie, copy and paste the link

http://www.xfire.com/files/1372/

Tell me where they would be without squad hopping?

Besides, the way things are going, EA is going to undo it all anyway... stop complaining, I think they got the message already.  Jesus.

I mean, EA is just getting rid of an exploit.  Ya, it's an exploit.  It wasn't meant to be the number one strategy that teams rely on.  But it was.  So now EA is changing things up again... and all the clans who in reality would've been in a pile of sh*t since the begining are just starting to get it through their heads.  Give me a break.

Yeah, I'm actually part of TWL for CoD2 and BF2... it's funny how much BS they actually let clans do during matches.  EA finally did something productive for once, and now all of the cheap exploiters are crying their heads off, now they can't play an online game the way they used to.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-24 17:43:13)

TheEvilCubivore
+1|6588
I know, there is no way, NO WAY you can miss something as simple as a BROKEN SERVER BROWSER!
alpinestar
+304|6598|New York City baby.
Red tag bug is still here, we should C4 EA & DICE buildings oh wait im gonna be a terrorist now I just want my 50 pesos back you fucking underpaid developers you #$%@#$%@#$%#$%^ @#$% @#$% @ @#$% @#$%@#$% @$ @#$% @#$%@#%$ @#$%  cumrags
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida

maddogjj wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Ive seen the vehicle drop being abused more than a few times already, commanders directly targeting the vehicle drop on people rather than using them to benefit their team.  Namely I was in a tank in a server covering a squad capping a point on Kark, I sat still looking around for anyone trying to challenge the squads point.  And then the other Commander being a jackass dropped a Vodnik right on top of me all but destroying my tank, now wtf are you going to waste an asset on one tank??  If the antitank isnt doing their job, tell them to!  You dont need to waste a vehicle drop on one tank when your team could use a transpot on the other side of the map.  Sorry, had to rant a little.

Oh yeah, and you commanders that waste a vehicle drop to take out a sniper, its pretty pathetic.
dude chill its a GAME and i for one had a blast targeting the enemy commander with vehicle drop.  couldnt stop laughing all night its a hoot.   I also dropped when ever my team needed em so I dont think it hurt to have some extra fun in the process.
i did the same thing man lol
joker8baller
+68|6668
Well... EA changed the game after realizing an exploit occured... 10 months AFTER the game was launched... LOL. ? Ummm yeah have you ever played in leagues before... Your "BS" is normal as sad as it is ><

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-05-24 18:05:52)

captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6630|Germany

dld4217 wrote:

I downloaded 1.3 last night.  Each time I try to join a server, the game crashes and returns me to my desktop.  Have not even had a chance to play the new patch.  It kind of does suck right now.
Had the same problem 3 days ago (before the patch), so it may be not a patch related problem. Finally I had to reinstall BF2 to make it work again. Had none of the described problems here after patching to 1.3  (except the empty server informations when joining a server). But maybe I only had some luck
joker8baller
+68|6668
1.3 only increased the chances of you crashing to desktop ><   It was happening before... just not as often.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6561

Spark wrote:

Finally - a smart person!
Occasionally we run across someone who isn't a complete and total moron! Very few in here. Mainly just whiny 12 year olds with no better to do than piss and moan.

Last edited by Jo Barf Creepy (2006-05-24 18:59:00)

joker8baller
+68|6668
Today 18:59:36      -1      The truth behind 1.3      For not having a clue what your talking about

LOL... Rest assured what I say I have evidence to support. You should learn maybe.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
humpty dumpty sat on a wall

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard