War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6721|Purplicious Wisconsin
Oh look, amx 13 90 with 105mm gun, amx 13 75 with 90mm gun. Why couldn't they just add the amx 105 tank and forget about the upcoming tier 5 tank? Fucking hate these fucking devs.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
God you don't half like moaning about literally fucking everything.
You moan that stuff is op, then moan when they take steps to balance it...

Also it would be shit if they just added an amx-13 with 105, gun it would be boring playing that line when you basically have 3 tanks in a row that are virtually identically this new tank also gives the French a proper "scout".

Last edited by coke (2012-07-12 13:58:06)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
Not really understanding the JagPanther II implementation, it costs the same as the Ferdi and seems to be advantageous in just about every way except armor

I also noticed there's no British premium yet as the Asian changelogs mentioned.  The UK does appear in the country sorting list in the depot and store however, but there's obviously nothing there yet.  Sounds a lot like British tanks are next.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

Not really understanding the JagPanther II implementation, it costs the same as the Ferdi and seems to be advantageous in just about every way except armor

I also noticed there's no British premium yet as the Asian changelogs mentioned.  The UK does appear in the country sorting list in the depot and store however, but there's obviously nothing there yet.  Sounds a lot like British tanks are next.
The British Premium (Matilda Black Prince) is only available to "super testers" on the test server apparently.
Yeah Ferdinand will now just be a "side branch" with it's heavier armour.
It will probably have a different "economic model" though in terms of it's profitability vs. repair and shell costs.
War Man

coke wrote:

God you don't half like moaning about literally fucking everything.
You moan that stuff is op, then moan when they take steps to balance it...

Also it would be shit if they just added an amx-13 with 105, gun it would be boring playing that line when you basically have 3 tanks in a row that are virtually identically this new tank also gives the French a proper "scout".
Are they at least gonna rename the tanks, because it sounds fricken stupid AMX 13 75, AMX 13 90, while having a higher caliber gun that is not a derp cannon.

Also, proper scout? Would it be like the teir 5 lights of the Russians, Germans, and Americans? If so that wouldn't make sense considering the fact that they have a very high repair cost, plus are actually tier 6 with the label tier 5. If they balance the ELC to match those lights, they would be forced to have similar repair costs which would make grinding to the light tree difficult to beginners. While at the same time, if the ELC had low repairs costs, why the fuck would they have the chaffee, vk2801, and t50-2 have way too high repair costs in comparison?

Also I am not liking the sounds of this tank from what I'm getting at with the forums, sure it is a public test and still hasn't gotten the kinks correct, plus many of those people are whiners like me but have different opinions sometimes. Knowing how the devs are, however, they will not change much from it. It's practically like the lee now in gameplay, a TD.

Also, incase you didn't realize, AMX12t is a piece of utter shit, even with buff in hp it still will likely be shit for tier 6, thing can't fucking raise or lower its gun. I mean I was glad to be rid of the AMX40 and had some fun with it, but once I got the AMX 75 I was glad to be rid of the damn thing. I still need it for the update as well as to unlock the tier 5 arty. If they basically make it like the AMX 75 was, same gun elevation and depression in addition to same HP, I will not complain of it being tier 6. Not happy with its replacement though.

Edit: Sorry for poor wording. I might have to fix it later.

Last edited by War Man (2012-07-12 18:29:04)

War Man
Have lorraine now, but kinda fucked up abit on my first round. At least it was a victory despite a shit double of 984. Plus I died because I forgot to equip the repair kit on this thing before battle, I always keep forgetting that when I get a new tank.

I already have dca45 and 750 hp engine I borrowed from my amx m4, I think the tank is good enough for me to just grind with that stuff alone until I unlock batchat.

Last edited by War Man (2012-07-12 20:21:43)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
Have you got the "Bastille Day" special promo on the US server?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6197|Canada

coke wrote:

Have you got the "Bastille Day" special promo on the US server?
The what now?

The only thing i see is a bacon special haha

Last edited by Phatmatt (2012-07-13 09:59:42)

War Man
Nope, didn't see it.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
Thought as much, must have reckoned it was only worth doing in EU:
http://worldoftanks.eu/news/3066-bastil … lebration/

It's basically money off a few French tanks, 150% credit income on some French and tanks, and double crew experience.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
I wish they would discount the ARL over here again while the power is on so I don't have to pay full-price for a tank that's probably going to suck.  Either that or the 3001P at least, they're both tanks I would like to get so I can get past them to get to something else but they themselves aren't particularly a priority and therefore not something I wanna pay the full price of 900,000+ for.
War Man

_j5689_ wrote:

I wish they would discount the ARL over here again while the power is on so I don't have to pay full-price for a tank that's probably going to suck.  Either that or the 3001P at least, they're both tanks I would like to get so I can get past them to get to something else but they themselves aren't particularly a priority and therefore not something I wanna pay the full price of 900,000+ for.
I liked my ARL 44 better than I liked my BDR, if you are worried about the next tank being a pain in the ass, worry about the AMX M4.

By the way, go straight for the best gun when grinding with ARL 44, for
1) Stock turret is ridiculously big, upgraded is much much smaller.
2)Upgraded turret turns faster
3)Upgraded turret fits the bigger guns including the beastly DCA 45
4)Upgraded turret weighs less, so no worry about fitting the F3 in.

Only problem with the ARL 44 was the long aim time and kinda shitty accuracy with the better 90mm cannons as well as absolute horrid stock turret, otherwise it was awesome.

Last edited by War Man (2012-07-13 15:18:11)

firebolt5
+114|6163
The WoT servers all get different specials for each region.  I'm good on the Operation Bacon special though because of the 50% discount on consumables.  Time to stock up on a year's worth of shit again.  I think this is the 3rd time they did a discount on consumables.
War Man
I was uninstalling the old 7.0 test. Now the fucking WoT launcher will not work,
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6197|Canada

War Man wrote:

I was uninstalling the old 7.0 test. Now the fucking WoT launcher will not work,
Even if you go directly in the folder and click on it? without using the shortcut?   Unless if you are already doing that and it doesn't work I don't know.

When you had the 7.0 test, did you copy/paste the whole game?  Cause if you didn't you are probably missing some files.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
Victory!
Battle: Murovanka Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:16:49 AM
Vehicle: Jagdpanther
Experience received: 2,762 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 33,813
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Somewhat old I know but still.  Unfortunately thanks to a certain green plant I smoked in the days afterwards I can't remember a single thing about that game or I'd tell you how many kills I got and with what gun.  I don't think I had the 105 by then though, that was probably just a few games before I got it I think

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-07-14 20:23:50)

War Man

Phatmatt wrote:

War Man wrote:

Even if you go directly in the folder and click on it? without using the shortcut?   Unless if you are already doing that and it doesn't work I don't know.

When you had the 7.0 test, did you copy/paste the whole game?  Cause if you didn't you are probably missing some files.
The entire launcher disappeared, even in the folder. So I had to reinstall the game.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6197|Canada

Hey warman, try this hotfix for your crashes.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1445-hotfi … top-issue/

See if it helps.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
I thought this was for the loading CTD that just about everybody in the game experiences every now and then
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6197|Canada

Victory!
Battle: Mountain Pass Friday, July 27, 2012 9:11:48 AM
Vehicle: Churchill
Experience received: 3,284 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 28,396
Battle Achievements: Böelter's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
I love that tank, such a money maker.  Should of bought it long ago
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
The new graphics in 8.0 looks really good:

Plus the rendering updates are supposed to make the game run smoother too and this is also the same update where the new physics get added

I don't know why they used that British guy to read the stuff off though, he's clearly more suited to History channel type shit and the English is simple and not particularly well formed in this video, so it feels like I'm being read a children's story audiobook or something

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-08-05 10:09:18)

Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6197|Canada

It's gonna look amazing, a nice improvement for sure
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
Victory!
Battle: Sand River 06 August 2012 17:29:50
Vehicle: E-75
Experience received: 4,530 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 55,974
Battle Achievements: Bölter's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

25,000 profit

Last edited by coke (2012-08-06 09:42:55)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
Were you on premium time or something?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
Nope there was a X3 event on this weekend. Luckily hit this good round with my E-75.

A few tanks were also on 200% income, made a load of money off my PZIV.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard