-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

CC-Marley wrote:

Haven't played since I moved in December. Is this game any better now?
If you stopped playing because it wasn't the sequel to BF2 you were hoping for, then no...it's not any better.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
new Navy blue camo is badass
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
whyyyyyyyyyyyy wont people run over my mines

i drop a mine infront and behind a tank, then smaw it and the moron bails out

i drop mines in little shadowy hidden bits, some mong on my team sticks his in the open and gets all our mines killed

i really hate mines
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
For some reason Punkbuster B now doesn't start, I've tried updating manually deleting and reinstalling punkbuster...
Punkbuster FUCK YOU!
Christbane
+51|6205

FatherTed wrote:

i drop mines in little shadowy hidden bits, some mong on my team sticks his in the open and gets all our mines killed

i really hate mines
I toss them under tanks and throw a grenade at them  otherwise they always seem to avoid them
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

FatherTed wrote:

i really hate mines
I get that. Same for C4. Anything looking in the opposite direction will instantly turn around and/or drive away the second I try to plant and shoot me.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

Christbane wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

i really hate mines
I toss them under tanks and throw a grenade at them  otherwise they always seem to avoid them
doesn't that credit the nade with the kill?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Is it better to have low or high ping? Because it seems to make no difference on my part. If I have a higher ping than someone, I'm instakilled practically every time. If I have a lower ping, I'm still instakilled practically every time. It's like this spawn protection crap as well. If I'm revived and shot, I'll die instantly, sometimes before I've even come out of the death screen, which happened about four times today. On the flip side I shot three guys in the heads after they were revived, and got no kill. Getting really fucking annoying as of late.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
low

and then in the last match of the night i get my final 6 mine kills, and RPG 3 apaches \o/

sadly the shooting down heli thing only counts for the vehicle, not however many occupants the heli has
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
and the BR hasn't appeared |:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Christbane
+51|6205

FatherTed wrote:

Christbane wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

i really hate mines
doesn't that credit the nade with the kill?
you know it's been a while since I have played but I think it still gives mine credit
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Mine sitting vehicles that an enemy will likely run into when taking a flag. Mine the roads where they leave, i.e. RU Oman or Bazaar where they are narrow.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Spotting mines is one thing that ruined the use of explosives. Before then the mines usually looked like clutter on the road until you got close and if you're traveling fast it was too late. Now I SMAW or grenade the ground where I'll put the mine so it blends in better with the ground; same with C4.

With C4 I usually put 6 by the side of the road in a hidden spot and that usually does the trick or at least disables the vehicle.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Spotting mines is one thing that ruined the use of explosives.
No, it isn't.
In fact, it was utterly stupid that Dice never used the "Enemy Minefield spotted" voice lines in BF2.
And again, there's no voice in BF3, even though we now have separate voice lines for spotting AT and LMG infantry.

Now we can at least spot mines and hope that your tank driver notices the red icon, instead of manically firing the machine gun at the mine to point it out.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA
Never took notice before, but how long does the 'minefield spotting' last on the minimap?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
a little bit too long. feels like 15s
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
mine kills done, shooting down helis done (shouted at some poor level 30 something in my squad til he soflam'd for me), now just c4'ing vehicles (not too bad) and claymore kills

claymores are right up there on the 'fuck mines' scale.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299
so wait I shot down a few helos with the stinger and got no credit for the air vehicle kills.  I swear bf3 wiki said stingers were AT.  so I read a thread on battlelog that said it was not and you need to use a jav or rpg.  is this true?
What are you looking at dicknose
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
yeh, smaw/rpg/jav only

get someone to soflam for you on something like kharg or canals and keep spamming javs at the helis. and its per vehicle kill, not how many people are in it. so you could jav a full venom, and only have one count of helis killed.

davamand rush is pretty good for killing with smaws/rpgs, the scout helis fly pretty low and slow in that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Just earned G3.  I loves it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

teds i remember you had a ridiculous amount of hours on bc2.  is this a better game? and how many hours are you into this one?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
better if you like vehicles i guess, the maps are generally worse designed for infantry though. 400ish hours in, not even halfway to what i was in bc2

it's worth the $40 for sure, it's still a good game - but don't try and compare it to BF2
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
What FOV does everyone play at?  I've maxed mine out to 90, and now I can't play at 70 without it feeling really weird.  I guess it's a good thing - I love 90 FOV.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/bat … -revealed/

this actually looks good

Last edited by Roc18 (2012-07-12 09:45:30)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
unlocks
unlocks
unlocks
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard