eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jon Hackleman Jr?  He's a fighter too
yeah, you heard of him.   Dude came over and speant the night one time and was talking shit because all we had was stress.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i say he was kind of a douche because when he told some firends of mine who his dad trained, they never heard of chuck liddel and he gave kind of a caca face
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

he just fought like last weekend i think.  want to say in santa barbara but i'm too lazy to look it up
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
my old room mate was big time MMA when it wasnt popular.  Dude got into sidtyotang gym for muay thai
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i got into it in the early 2000s when Pride was on.  I remember watching the old UFC's but I didn't really get into it until a few years later.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i was introduced to MMA around the same time because of my room mate whom I was in the army with.  i saw the progression of popularity.  from around 2001 when it him and only a couple of soldiers on the floor would follow the fights to 2005 when it seemed like everybody was mixed martial artist
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i saw bas rutten's last fight
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Fedor is still the baddest man ever in my book.  10 years of domination is tough to do in any sport.  Sucks that he didn't get to fight all the best fighters during that time period, but he worked on virtually fighter put in front of him.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Sad thing is the fights he dropped in SF were totally winnable then and/or before. If he didn't jump into Wurdums guard he would have outboxed and eventually KO or TKO him. If they were back in Pride Hendo would have been catching soccer kicks after Fedor dropped him.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah, can't really play the 'what if' game in fighting though.  It's really one of those 'any given sunday' type sports.  A dodge here, a punch thrown there.  Many fights are decided on a simple mistake or single decision made in a split second - which is a huge testament to how good Fedor was - the ability to consistently win when all these things are considered.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Are you as uninterested in Jones-Henderson as I am? I don't think Henderson has a snowballs chance in hell against Jones. I don't think he will be able to pull anything off before he gasses like he did in Shogun fight. Don't care to watch another foregone conclusion. I wish they would just move him up to HW.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

im interested.  I don't like Jones the person for many reasons I've previously stated, but I will absolutely watch any time he fights.  Dan's a legend who's proven himself time and time again.  I see him having more than a snowballs chance in hell, but its a really tough fight for him.

The UFC will milk Jones at LHW for as long as they can.  He's still got Glover Texiera, assuming Glover beats Hampage.  Wouldn't mind seeing Machida fight him again if he can work his way back up into the mix.
CC-Marley
+407|6798
No interest here..in MMA as a whole. A few  of my buddies love it but they also train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I could never get into it. I hate getting hit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

anyone watch the card on saturday?  I didn't bother, but I heard it was garbage.  Funny that a lot of people Flava Flav'd Hector Lombard and his 25 unbeaten streak, and then he fights a jobber in his first bout in the UFC and loses a split-decision.  What a joke.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

The card didn't even look good on paper. It is funny how people were calling for Lombard to get an immediate title shot just because he had a title in bellator. It goes to show you the quality gap between the UFC and everyone else including strike force. I don't see Gilbert Melendez getting past Edgar, Maynard, Diaz, or Henderson.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I think Gilbert is a glaring exception to the rule here.  GIlbert won't ever fight Diaz, so you can remove that.  I think he could get past Edger and Maynard, and give Bendo a run for his money.  Gilbert's a legit lightweight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

So Frank MIr is going over to Strikeforce to fight Daniel Cormier.  I like that matchup, and I like that they were able to book a solid opponent to fulfill the last obligation in the strikeforce HW.  Both will be in the UFC after this fight
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Yeah it sounds good. It will be weird seeing Mir outside of the UFC. Would have preferred Mir-Wurdum though it wouldn't have made sense to pair a guy on a 2 win streak against someone who just lost.

Most of the other big name heavyweights are tied up right now so it will be interesting to see who Barnett gets to fight.

Speaking of future match ups- can't wait until we get Machida-Shogun 3 after they are both feed Bader and Vera at UFC on Fox 4. Kinda lame they are making them get a win before though. Another let down is Carwin-Nelson. I know Carwin has some ring rust to shake off but damn am I bored of Nelson. I would rather see Bigfoot-Carwin.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

That was a terrible performance by Shogun.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

big meh of a card with the exception of the Cerrone vs. Guillard fight.  Cards like these make me question why I get hyped up and pay for them. That being said, I'll order the Hendo vs. Jones card for sure.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean
shields vs sherman gave me cancer. Cerrone is the man! amazing minute of action
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

big meh of a card with the exception of the Cerrone vs. Guillard fight.  Cards like these make me question why I get hyped up and pay for them. That being said, I'll order the Hendo vs. Jones card for sure.
There are too many cards. I don't know how they expect people to be interested in buying 152. 153 looks very good.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

They need to put more of those lesser cards on free TV.  I understand they have a lot of fighters and need to keep them active, but I'd rather have a few more free cards and load up the PPVs with blockbusters.  It seems like they are hurting their overall PPV model by putting on these weak ass PPVs.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

UFC on Fox 5 looks great. Too bad someone will end up injured before it airs.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I can't wait for Cyborg's suspension to end.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard