-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California

globefish23 wrote:

In BF2142 you could equip body armor on a per-class basis (with shorter sprint time), which was even better than in BF2.

And I too think that BF2142 had the best overall systems.
It already had the consolidated 4-class system, but more resembling BF2 (assault/medic, support, spec-ops/sniper, engie/AT).
In BFBC2, suddenly the LMG guy was the medic and assault had ammo bags, and now in BF3, the LMG guy weirdly also carries C4 and claymores, which completely removes the spec-ops duties from the recon class.

Also, BF2142 still had the 6-man squads and the commander with his assets. And it worked perfectly well.

The game also introduced infantry carried AA, so the skies couldn't be dominated by aircraft that much.
At least theoretically, since I haven't unlocked it myself and have never seen anyone use it.
The AA guns on the walkers helped a lot though, as well as the AA placements that were still available.

BF2142 is also the only game with the Assault Lines game, which IMO is the best game mode so far, keeping all the good things from Conquest, while adding a nice frontline experience that gets shifted, but not in such a static way that the Rush mode now is.

Oh, also, Titan mode...

I really, really wished that they would do a BF2143 with the new Frostbite engine.
I want a BF2143 as long it's not the same as BF3 is to BF2. I want an EXACT damn copy.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Commander was fucking terrible.

All he did was piss people of with arty and nag squad leaders to attack objectives that said squad was in no position to attack. Not that they ever did, as despite being an "authority" the commander had no authority, there wasn't anything in place to make people listen to him, and as such they never listened.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

All he did was piss people of with arty and nag squad leaders to attack objectives that said squad was in no position to attack. Not that they ever did, as despite being an "authority" the commander had no authority, there wasn't anything in place to make people listen to him, and as such they never listened.
Well, whenever I played commander, I looked which squad was doing the best job and actually reacted to my commands and spottings.
I supported that squad exclusively for the rest of the game with UAV coverage and supplies.
Once they realized that someone is actually watching over them constantly and not just "spotting boats" endlessly, they began to trust me when I sent them somewhere.

Vice versa, I did the same.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
Commanding wasn't just about telling other players what to do or pissing people off with arty. It was about providing direction and support at the strategic level and letting players decide on what to do at the organizational and tactical levels. I would be happier in BF3 if I just had some clue as to which direction I should move in. I cant make any real tactical choices because I have no idea whats really going on across the map. I find myself usually running around in random direction encountering enemies like Pokemon battles. Its not fun at all IMO to always be surprised. Dont say MAV cause its rare that anyone uses it for their team and its scan radius is small as hell.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-06-20 14:22:01)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

It was about placing arty on the carrier / airfield on wake and about dropping cars on faggot snipers.

Least that's how I played it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Game mode's a change to normal BF3.

Resembles MW a lot, but with more explosions and revives.

I try to stick to the servers with no RPG/M203 rules (And a handy script that kills anyone who uses them).

Good for some frantic fun and quick games. Not my preferred BF3, but still good with some friends.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
I see your Premium and I raise you my L85A2.  I need not your AUG, nor your SCAR-L.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Mostly yes, but the fact that a decent commnder that actually helped the squads activly sometimes even by voip , would always make the team win (assuming its not FULL of retards or "lonewolf-players")

the very few times I actually played commander: http://bf2s.com/player/70322653/ I played it very active and if I would see a squad working well together I would help them not only by UAV and supplies but tell them possible paths to flags that were'nt very populated and help them flank the enemies from behind.

And when you see it all come together and win the round with loads of tickets over the enemy team and the tacticts and teamwork work as planned it's really a beautiful scene .

In BFBC and everything released after the abilety is gone and therefor ALWAYS impossible to organize a whole/majorety of a team unless speaking to them all on TS/Vent./Mumb./etc. = more noobs playing more noobish...

And also...in no BF-game after BF2 have you been able to harms aircrafts with "smallarms" (handheld) ...the M95 in BF2 took 8 shots to the windscreen of a attack helicopter to blow it up...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
you could down helis with the m95 or whatever it was in BC2. i don't miss small arms fire taking down vehicles really
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
shut up faggot
Tu Stultus Es
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
kill yourself dennis
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
free yourself from the chains f english oppression
Tu Stultus Es
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

FatherTed wrote:

you could down helis with the m95 or whatever it was in BC2. i don't miss small arms fire taking down vehicles really
you could shoot the pilot / gunner ... can't even harm cars/buggys in any BF past 2, nor shoot the gunner trough the window
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yes, you could shoot down helis/jeeps with whatever that rifle was in bc2. was the only way to bring my blackhawks down bar luck, ask jord.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
so homo
Tu Stultus Es
Laika
+75|5914
It's not battlefield without the commander.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

FatherTed wrote:

yes, you could shoot down helis/jeeps with whatever that rifle was in bc2. was the only way to bring my blackhawks down bar luck, ask jord.
ok sorry , I must have forgotten , I wasn't all that into BadChit2
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
Bought Premium off GreenManGaming for $37.50 (US/Canada only) using their promotional 25% everything code.  Since I had to pay $15 for B2K, I at least feel like i'm not completely screwing myself.

Looking forward to Armored Kill, and hopefully the packs after that will be interesting.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

TopHat01 wrote:

Bought Premium off GreenManGaming for $37.50 (US/Canada only) using their promotional 25% everything code.  Since I had to pay $15 for B2K, I at least feel like i'm not completely screwing myself.
EA should have done something like that on Origin for people already owning B2K themselves.
That way they could have reduced the whole Premium outcry drastically, since a major part were people not wanting to pay double.
(People who actually bought it separately for $15, not pre-ordered Limited Editions.)

TopHat01 wrote:

hopefully the packs after that will be interesting.
I hope that the one with the motorcycle on the cover means something like Special Forces.
And wasn't one of the more recent CODs in that direction too?
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Close quarters is shit, just played 4 rounds of all the maps and raped every round. It's basically team death match with flags. The random spawn points are horrible and make everything disorganized like COD. Glad premium pays for the other expanisions as well otherwise I would be pissed I spent money on these maps.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Went on a friend's server and played some Ziba Tower Domination. I can't say I've had more fun than this in a while. It was 4v4 with my group of friends against another.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Didn't even bother buying CQ or Premium. By the looks of the majority of these comments the 'clusterfuck' I was expecting was just as I expected. Give me Grand Bazaar and an M16 and I'm good to go.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299

Collateralis wrote:

Didn't even bother buying CQ or Premium. By the looks of the majority of these comments the 'clusterfuck' I was expecting was just as I expected. Give me Grand Bazaar and an M16 and I'm good to go.
majority of people are idiots so you might want to rethink comments from the peasants.
What are you looking at dicknose
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Frank Reynolds wrote:

majority of people are idiots so you might want to rethink comments from the peasants.
Bf2s is in a rarified atmosphere compared to BL forums. In comparison, from an educational standpoint, most of the people here have a PhD. I'm sold.
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299

Collateralis wrote:

Frank Reynolds wrote:

Bf2s is in a rarified atmosphere compared to BL forums. In comparison, from an educational standpoint, most of the people here have a PhD. I'm sold.
good luck with that, sir.
What are you looking at dicknose

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard