-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
Moonrise Kingdom. 10/10.

It's great. Go see it. If you don't like it then you are probably emotionally crippled in some way.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Prometheus.

Thoughts:
- Michael Fassbender is kind of like a younger and taller Jeremy Irons. Which is awesome. He's got the same manners and look, the only thing he's lacking is Irons' awesome voice.
- Logan Marshall-Green in a space suit looks like a scrawnier Commander Shepherd. Should remember that if they ever make a Mass Effect movie.
- Brutal. More than I was expecting. Unafraid to be brutal too which was impressive and overall enjoyable even if it wasn't particularly easy to watch.
- I think there's an impressive deeper story here but Prometheus didn't really get there and I think the reason was that it was toying with being an Alien movie but never totally committed. From what I've heard Ridley Scott wasn't even sure he wanted to be an Alien movie but I suppose with the focus on the Space Jockey mystery not to mention the breeding habits of the smaller creatures he was kind of forced too. It didn't seem like something that was well thought out though, like Ridley Scott was splashing out all his great ideas for an awesome sci-fi epic onto the floor and assembling it into a film.
- As a movie-going experience it was great fun and pretty awesome but kind of hollow. Well directed and acted, great visuals, great special effects, it was exciting, scary, engaging but didn't really develop all that much. It was a fun ride but I don't know where we were supposed to end up.
- I definitely want to see more sci fi films like this. Prometheus was very good but it wasn't great. I wasn't expecting great so I wasn't disappointed but I can see that it could have been great.
- First film I had seen at the movies in 2D for a while. That wasn't a documentary or a low-budget festival film I mean. Enjoyed ithe clarity and ease of viewing immensely though reckon the scene with Fassbender in the Space Jockey chamber would have been awesome in 3D.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Moonrise Kingdom. 10/10.

It's great. Go see it. If you don't like it then you are probably emotionally crippled in some way.
truth
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5034
Horney Housewives 4      10/10
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360
https://i.imgur.com/szyOf.gif
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
The Avengers 8/10
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

Ty wrote:

Prometheus.

Thoughts:
- Michael Fassbender is kind of like a younger and taller Jeremy Irons. Which is awesome. He's got the same manners and look, the only thing he's lacking is Irons' awesome voice.
Which is odd as the character was aping Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
Act of Valor : 3/10

Just terrible. It's all well and good that 'real seals' are doing the acting and action sequences but;

1. The acting really is sub-par.
2. The action sequences are nothing regular actors couldn't have pulled off, besides this some of it is still unrealistic despite the producer's emphasis on realism.
3. Little to no character development.
4. Weak storyline, weak dialogue and no depth in any aspect of the film whatsoever.

The fact that it's just one massive recruitment commercial for the SEALs/navy was to be expected, so I won't treat that as a negative. The movie itself is just bad.
inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Never let me go - 9.5/10 Weird small film but well made and acted, great story.

Herafter - 7/10 - Not bad, somewhat cheesy
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
i pity the fool that rates avengers highly
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
a lot of fools?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
quite.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

Ty wrote:

Prometheus.

Thoughts:
- Logan Marshall-Green in a space suit looks like a scrawnier Commander Shepherd. Should remember that if they ever make a Mass Effect movie.
- Brutal. More than I was expecting. Unafraid to be brutal too which was impressive and overall enjoyable even if it wasn't particularly easy to watch.
- I think there's an impressive deeper story here but Prometheus didn't really get there and I think the reason was that it was toying with being an Alien movie but never totally committed. From what I've heard Ridley Scott wasn't even sure he wanted to be an Alien movie but I suppose with the focus on the Space Jockey mystery not to mention the breeding habits of the smaller creatures he was kind of forced too. It didn't seem like something that was well thought out though, like Ridley Scott was splashing out all his great ideas for an awesome sci-fi epic onto the floor and assembling it into a film.
- As a movie-going experience it was great fun and pretty awesome but kind of hollow. Well directed and acted, great visuals, great special effects, it was exciting, scary, engaging but didn't really develop all that much. It was a fun ride but I don't know where we were supposed to end up.
- I definitely want to see more sci fi films like this. Prometheus was very good but it wasn't great. I wasn't expecting great so I wasn't disappointed but I can see that it could have been great.
- First film I had seen at the movies in 2D for a while. That wasn't a documentary or a low-budget festival film I mean. Enjoyed ithe clarity and ease of viewing immensely though reckon the scene with Fassbender in the Space Jockey chamber would have been awesome in 3D.
Spot on.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ty wrote:

Prometheus.

Thoughts:
Which is odd as the character was aping Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.
Not really odd. He was playing an ominous Peter O'Toole, which is pretty much Jeremy Irons.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Jeremy Irons couldn't be ominous if he were in command of a death star and a thousand piece orchestra.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

[Blinking eyes thing]
Benzin
+576|5969

Shocking wrote:

Act of Valor : 3/10

Just terrible. It's all well and good that 'real seals' are doing the acting and action sequences but;

1. The acting really is sub-par.
2. The action sequences are nothing regular actors couldn't have pulled off, besides this some of it is still unrealistic despite the producer's emphasis on realism.
3. Little to no character development.
4. Weak storyline, weak dialogue and no depth in any aspect of the film whatsoever.

The fact that it's just one massive recruitment commercial for the SEALs/navy was to be expected, so I won't treat that as a negative. The movie itself is just bad.
Yea, pretty much the same thing I thought. The action scenes were good but the moment there was dialogue of any kind... fuck me, it was so bad.
Benzin
+576|5969
Went and saw "The Amazing Spider-Man" last night and I have to say that was an AMAZING movie. Lived up to the title in every way. I really can't think of any aspect of that film that I would change. It had its cheesier moments but I think all movies with a bit of teen romance going on do, so I can't really fault them for it. It was simply brilliantly done and Andrew Garfield was the perfect Peter Parker.

10/10. Thinking about going to see it again next week.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

Blues Brothers (expanded edition)

11/10
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Also saw The Amazing Spider-Man yesterday.  8/10.  Definitely better than the last two Spiderman movies.  Emma Stone as Gwen was perfect. <3. 

Spoiler (highlight to read):
However, as a highschooler, working at and given free reign at Oscorp?

And this reloaded Spiderman is not only strong and agile, his bones are sure superstrong, as Peter sure can take dozens of wall breaking fullbody slams.

Also, not worth paying the 3D fee.  Nothing really important that required 3D immersion.
Benzin
+576|5969

Ilocano wrote:

Also saw The Amazing Spider-Man yesterday.  8/10.  Definitely better than the last two Spiderman movies.  Emma Stone as Gwen was perfect. <3. 

And this reloaded Spiderman is not only strong and agile, his bones are sure superstrong, as Peter sure can take dozens of wall breaking fullbody slams.

Also, not worth paying the 3D fee.  Nothing really important that required 3D immersion.
My answer to your spoiler:

Given that her dad is well-connected as a cop and Dr. Connors seems to pretty much be a god at Oscorp, I imagine that they can do whatever they want. Plus, she seems to be quite the little genius herself.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2012-07-05 09:53:26)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

CapnNismo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Given that her dad is well-connected as a cop and Dr. Connors seems to pretty much be a god at Oscorp, I imagine that they can do whatever they want. Plus, she seems to be quite the little genius herself.
yeah, an antidote, in what, one hour?
Benzin
+576|5969

Ilocano wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Provided that the computer already knew what to do (very possible considering you'd want to be able to reverse the effects of the drug), I imagine synthesizing such a small amount really wouldn't take long at all.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

CapnNismo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Provided that the computer already knew what to do (very possible considering you'd want to be able to reverse the effects of the drug), I imagine synthesizing such a small amount really wouldn't take long at all.
comic book advanced computer for sure.
Benzin
+576|5969

Ilocano wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

comic book advanced computer for sure.
Well we are talking about a movie that has a giant man-lizard and a guy that has spider-like abilities...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard