Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5860|00770
MSI x370 notebook
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
BisonCam NB Pro

Tried doing a full recovery for the laptop - camera not working at all.
Updated BIOS - was working for 2 minutes but after shutting it down the first time it wouldnt work anymore.
Updated all the drivers - not working.

I can find the camera in the device manager, but it just wont turn on, no light next to it and all i get is a black screen.

Plus I cant seem to find any working drivers for the camera as its using windows drivers.
MSI website wont have the drivers, havent found a solution in any msi forums, any other forums or with google.

halp?
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6556|NYC / Hamburg

Contact MSI?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Eifa
+923|5860|00770

max wrote:

Contact MSI?
How exactly is this helping me? I'm not an idiot you know.
alexb
<3
+590|5929|Kentucky, USA

Eifa wrote:

max wrote:

Contact MSI?
You've done just about everything you can do. What he means is it's probably the hardware that needs replacing. Only MSI can help with that, unless you want to do it yourself at your own expenses.
Eifa
+923|5860|00770

alexb wrote:

Eifa wrote:

max wrote:

Contact MSI?
You've done just about everything you can do. What he means is it's probably the hardware that needs replacing. Only MSI can help with that, unless you want to do it yourself at your own expenses.
Doubt that it has anything to do with the hardware.
Am pretty sure it has something to do with the drivers and windows 7 not working together..
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6656

This doesn't work?
MSI Easy Face 2.0 (W7 32/64,2.0.0.25)
Eifa
+923|5860|00770

Ilocano wrote:

This doesn't work?
MSI Easy Face 2.0 (W7 32/64,2.0.0.25)
thats a program. it works, but it keeps telling me that no webcam found.. even tho its all over the device manager.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6313|Graz, Austria
Try running a live Linux distribution from an USB stick and see if that OS' drivers recognize the camera.
alexb
<3
+590|5929|Kentucky, USA

Eifa wrote:

alexb wrote:

Eifa wrote:

Am pretty sure it has something to do with the drivers and windows 7 not working together..
It worked fine and it suddenly stopped working, right? If recovering the factory image didn't work, and neither did multiple programs/drivers work, it's hardware related. Don't come asking for help if you don't want to listen.
Eifa
+923|5860|00770

alexb wrote:

Eifa wrote:

alexb wrote:

It worked fine and it suddenly stopped working, right? If recovering the factory image didn't work, and neither did multiple programs/drivers work, it's hardware related. Don't come asking for help if you don't want to listen.
Well then obviously a few thousand other msi users have hardware issues then, yes?

It didn't work, so I updated the BIOS. It worked fine after that, but once I installed all the drivers, it stopped working.
After the recovery it didn't work at all. At this point I had been working on the laptop the whole day and it was around 4am in the morning, so i chose to go to sleep instead of doing another BIOS update. It probably would of worked again after that with all the downloadable drivers missing. Probably.

A friend of mine who fixes laptops for a living said it prolly has something to do with Windows 7 and the drivers, just not sure which one is preventing the camera from working, or which one is missing.

From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure the driver provided by microsoft is incompatible with one or more drivers provided by MSI, just can't figure out which one and am unable to find a working, windows 7 compatible driver for the camera itself.

Sure I might be wrong, but since it's working fine before installing the downloadable drivers from MSI I find it hard to believe that it has anything to do with the hardware.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6656

Tried reinstalling the Microsoft driver after installing the MSI drivers?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6556|NYC / Hamburg

Eifa wrote:

max wrote:

Contact MSI?
Well they may have some driver that's not posted on the website or know about the issue and how to correct it.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard