KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

decline insurance until you get sick - why would you do that? how would you save yourself tens of thousands of dollars by doing this?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5327|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

decline insurance until you get sick - why would you do that? how would you save yourself tens of thousands of dollars by doing this?
Because you can? There's no enforcement mechanism for the tax, and insurance companies are required to take in people with pre-existing conditions now. So decline to buy insurance, ignore the tax (or pay it since $695 is still way less than a monthly premium), and pick it up when you get sick. So instead of spending $500+/mo on premiums, pay the tax, wait to get sick, and then buy a nice platinum plan to get you through the cancer or whatever. Am I going to do this? No, I have a nice insurance plan through work, but you better believe that there are thousands of people that get off on tax avoidance that will take full advantage of this now. The spike in premiums is going to be jaw dropping, watch.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

You can't get insurance when you're sick, they'd be stupid to give it to.you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

They don't have a choice. Obamacare forces insurers to insure people with pre-existing conditions. It's equivalent to letting people buy auto insurance right after they wreck their car. Brilliant!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

They don't have a choice. Obamacare forces insurers to insure people with pre-existing conditions. It's equivalent to letting people buy auto insurance right after they wreck their car. Brilliant!
You're blaming them for having a pre-existing condition? You can be born with a pre-existing condition. How is that in any sense of the word, fair, to deny someone based on that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You're blaming them for having a pre-existing condition? You can be born with a pre-existing condition. How is that in any sense of the word, fair, to deny someone based on that?
Way to completely bypass what I said and jump to your own talking points.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

You said its the equiv of letting people buy auto insurance right after they wreck their car.

They didn't wreck anything. They shouldn't be denied coverage because the insurance company doesn't feel its profitable. You're holding a companies dollar signs higher than public health.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You said its the equiv of letting people buy auto insurance right after they wreck their car.

They didn't wreck anything. They shouldn't be denied coverage because the insurance company doesn't feel its profitable. You're holding a companies dollar signs higher than public health.
if you had any ability to think beyond talking points you would see that i said the program was set up for abuse. Read back a few posts. Theres nothing preventing healthy people waiting until they get sick to seek coverage.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

if you had any ability to think beyond talking points you would see that i said the program was set up for abuse. Read back a few posts. Theres nothing preventing healthy people waiting until they get sick to seek coverage.
Don't they receive tax penalties as they have no coverage?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Don't they receive tax penalties as they have no coverage?

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Because you can? There's no enforcement mechanism for the tax, and insurance companies are required to take in people with pre-existing conditions now. So decline to buy insurance, ignore the tax (or pay it since $695 is still way less than a monthly premium), and pick it up when you get sick. So instead of spending $500+/mo on premiums, pay the tax, wait to get sick, and then buy a nice platinum plan to get you through the cancer or whatever. Am I going to do this? No, I have a nice insurance plan through work, but you better believe that there are thousands of people that get off on tax avoidance that will take full advantage of this now. The spike in premiums is going to be jaw dropping, watch.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
fwp
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Jaekus wrote:

fwp
If Jay doesn't stand up for the white man, who else will?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
wannabe lawyers r go
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

there's no enforcement mechanism for tax at all....or wait there is.

You're bitching about people not paying a $695 tax?  You know how many tax cheats are out there who owe far more money to the IRS?  I bet at least a few people close to you owe more than that.

Can you point me to some type of summary or breakdown of the specific part of the bill that says you can break your leg with no insurance, then get insurance, then go to the doctor under your new insurance - without your out-of-pocket and/or deductible and/or your monthly payment going through the roof?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

there's no enforcement mechanism for tax at all....or wait there is.

You're bitching about people not paying a $695 tax?  You know how many tax cheats are out there who owe far more money to the IRS?  I bet at least a few people close to you owe more than that.

Can you point me to some type of summary or breakdown of the specific part of the bill that says you can break your leg with no insurance, then get insurance, then go to the doctor under your new insurance - without your out-of-pocket and/or deductible and/or your monthly payment going through the roof?
http://www.georgiainsuranceshop.com/new … obamacare/

They can't raise your premium due to health status, it's based on age. Your premiums will not increase if you get sick. It's illegal for them to raise the rates.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The way the system is set up now, there is zero incentive to carry health insurance until you actually get sick. Completely broken system.
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
I like the idea of HC reform but there's something wacky about being taxed for not buying anything.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

But you can't be refused service by a hospital, so there's that...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I like the idea of HC reform but there's something wacky about being taxed for not buying anything.
Precisely.  Quite sure the majority of the US want reform, just not a massive government expansion and/or takeover of the system in the process.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Stingray24 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Precisely.  Quite sure the majority of the US want reform, just not a massive government expansion and/or takeover of the system in the process.
Suggest an alternative to the healthcare bill passed under Obama.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Republicans win November elections, repeal Obamacare, "deem" new plan to have passed.  I support this message.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Okay. But what are some changes you, Stingray24, would like to see implemented?

Nevermind

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-07-04 20:29:00)

RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US

Macbeth wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

A series of small reforms would be the best option, IMO.  Possible areas: tort reform, making plans available from state to state, and a bunch more.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
its funny how people who complain about the size of government are usually the ones whose livelihoods depends on a large, bloated and expanded bureaucracy
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

RAIMIUS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

A series of small reforms would be the best option, IMO.  Possible areas: tort reform, making plans available from state to state, and a bunch more.
without using google, please expand on "tort reform"
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard