Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

The prostitute in the Craig Thomson scandal has recanted, saying she couldn't be sure if she slept with Thomson and it was likely a case of mistaken identity.

For anyone wondering, yes it sometimes does get tiring being right all the time.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
Wonder what the Libs are going to say about this one, with the proverbial egg on their face.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

Jaekus wrote:

Wonder what the Libs are going to say about this one, with the proverbial egg on their face.
Not really, the media found her and brought her in, not the libs.

Ty wrote:

A prostitute not connected with the Craig Thomson scandal has recanted, saying she couldn't be sure if she slept with Thomson and it was likely a case of mistaken identity.
Fixed.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-06-07 02:56:24)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Not really, the media found her and brought her in, not the libs.
Besides the point. The Libs have been all over this like a rash and have already embarrassed themselves.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe I missed that part, she wasn't exactly one of their key planks at the start.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

No she herself wasn't, I think they key corruption allegation is Thomson supposedly using union funds to finance his election campaign, not him seeing prostitutes, (whether or not he was using a union credit card to do so.) Thing is the prostitute angle has always been the most damaging in the public eye so that's what the media and Coalition have been focussing on.

The Coalition didn't really chase this particular prostitute up though, Channel Nine did. The Coalition I think has wisely decided to drop the Thomson matter for now because they've realised it's not doing them any good. That's not to say it won't flare up in the future. They also probably perceived the likelihood of the story turning out to be false.

I think Channel Nine has some questions to answer though. They paid this woman $60k to say unequivocally that she had definitely slept with Thomson, now she is telling Channel Seven that she told Nine before the interview that she couldn't be completely sure. It was 100% sleazy chequebook journalism.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Ty wrote:

No she herself wasn't, I think they key corruption allegation is Thomson supposedly using union funds to finance his election campaign, not him seeing prostitutes, (whether or not he was using a union credit card to do so.) Thing is the prostitute angle has always been the most damaging in the public eye so that's what the media and Coalition have been focussing on.

The Coalition didn't really chase this particular prostitute up though, Channel Nine did. The Coalition I think has wisely decided to drop the Thomson matter for now because they've realised it's not doing them any good. That's not to say it won't flare up in the future. They also probably perceived the likelihood of the story turning out to be false.

I think Channel Nine has some questions to answer though. They paid this woman $60k to say unequivocally that she had definitely slept with Thomson, now she is telling Channel Seven that she told Nine before the interview that she couldn't be completely sure. It was 100% sleazy chequebook journalism.
dude its australian media, of course they're a bunch of sleezy assholes, remember how they won't leave alone that mosmon collarbomb girl? at first they called it an act of terrorism by the girl, then they won't stop bugging her.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
http://twitdoc.com/upload/jerometaylor/ … -v-dab.pdf

queensland

(better if read in a bogan accent)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
lol queensland courts
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6146|'straya
That definitely needs to be turned into a movie. Most entertaining thing i've read in a while.

E: I did work experience in a law firm and got to witness some pretty hilarious cases. Supreme court in Sydney was interesting, Local Court in Blacktown was hilarious.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-06-07 23:14:28)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
DEFENDANT: Were you there? Were you there?
HIS HONOUR: Now, Mr B-----
DEFENDANT: No you fucking weren't.
HIS HONOUR: Mr B-----
DEFENDANT: Because the arseholes did the wrong thing. Right?
Read your fucking paragraph or your scripts, mate. Don't
start putting your fucking heavy crap on me.
HIS HONOUR: Now, Mr B-----
DEFENDANT: You can get stuffed.
HIS HONOUR: -----the trial will be-----
DEFENDANT: I don't give a-----
HIS HONOUR: -----preceding-----
DEFENDANT: -----fuck, you and your trial, mate. Stick your
trial up your fucking arse. I'll go.
HIS HONOUR: Sit down please, Mr B.
DEFENDANT: ... No, fuck you. You don't tell me what to do,
who do you think you are?
HIS HONOUR: Sit down please, Mr B.
DEFENDANT: No, get stuffed.
HIS HONOUR: Oh, all right. Now, Mr B, the trial will be
preceding. There is one matter that does need to be attended
to. The principal witness for the Crown in this trial is a
person who has the status of a-----
DEFENDANT: I don't even know what you're fucking talking
about, mate. You're talking but not in the lingo language.
HIS HONOUR: The complainant in respect of the count of
attempted murder is a person who-----
DEFENDANT: Who are you fucking talking about?
HIS HONOUR: -----is a-----
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
The end is just too much

HIS HONOUR: You can take the accused down, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock, thank you, Mr B?
DEFENDANT: No, I fuckin' won't, I'll tell you fuckin' now, you fuckin' lard arse.

HIS HONOUR: Thank you for coming up, gentlemen, I'm grateful. I was actually called much worse things on the rugby paddock, you know. All right then. Mr Bailiff, if you could please let the jury panel know that they'll be required tomorrow morning.
BAILIFF: Thank you, your Honour, yes.
HIS HONOUR: Mr Mac and your instructor, thank you both very much for your attendance this morning, I'm grateful to you for your assistance. Mr K, you'll send over a draft order for me to initial so that Legal Aid can put the wheels in motion?
MR K: Yes, thank you, your Honour.
HIS HONOUR: All right then. Where's the - oh the bailiff's going. We can adjourn.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Wow. That's incredible.
[Blinking eyes thing]
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
HIS HONOUR:  If you don't sit down I will have you manacled. 
Sit down.
DEFENDANT:  You can fucking have what you like, mate.
HIS HONOUR:  Corrective Services, could you please-----
DEFENDANT:  Have what you fucking like.
HIS HONOUR:  -----could you please restrain the accused.  Sit
down.
DEFENDANT:  ... Fuck you.
HIS HONOUR:  Mr Bailiff, could you ask security to attend the
Court please.
DEFENDANT:  Do what you fucking like.  I got no representation so that's it.  I'm not listening.  I don't give a fuck who you say-----
HIS HONOUR:  Mr-----
DEFENDANT:  -----or what you say.
HIS HONOUR:  Mr B, the next people-----
DEFENDANT:  Am I - I don't give a damn what you say, right?
HIS HONOUR:  Mr B, the next people-----
DEFENDANT:  I don't give a damn what you say, right?
HIS HONOUR:  Mr B-----
DEFENDANT:  I don't give a damn what you say.
HIS HONOUR:  -----the next people that you see entering the
Court-----
DEFENDANT:  I couldn’t give a shit what you're saying.
HIS HONOUR:  -----are the Court Security Staff.
DEFENDANT:  Oh, what do you want me to do?  What do you want, a Mickey Mouse badge?
HIS HONOUR:  No.
DEFENDANT:  Stick it on your fat chest.  Hey?  What do you want?  A Mickey Mouse badge.  Come on fatso, what have you got to say for that? 

ahahahahhahahaha
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
HIS HONOUR: Is there anything that you want to say in
relation to me making an order-----
DEFENDANT: Yeah, I don't know what you're fuckin' talking
about, you silly old cunt.
HIS HONOUR: In which case - thank you for that submission.
In which case-----
DEFENDANT: Oh that's good, you know.
HIS HONOUR: -----I order - I rule-----
DEFENDANT: Well, you can fuckin' order what you like.
HIS HONOUR: -----that Ms R -----
DEFENDANT: Order me a fuckin' pizza while you're at it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There are many people who were never disciplined out of their terrible twos.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Senator George Brandis actually got up during Senate Question Time to asks what the Government had to say to the 1900 employees who are to be laid-off from Fairfax Media due to their carbon tax.

Is he mental or is he just trolling at this stage?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Probably a bit of both.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6463|Melbourne - Home of Football
I could not believe Brandis's quote when I saw it - that someone who is a professional politician, could even give the appearance of possibly confusing the digitisation of media, and indeed our lives, and the threat that poses to print media business models, with the impact of a carbon tax was outright laughable.

I think it poses a greater question, 'Do Politicians realise that the public has de-valued them so much that there is no reputational damage from saying outright stupid things?'

Follow-up, what are people's thoughts on the implications of Rineheart potentially having a say in Fairfax editorial positions?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
People are getting excited over Rineheart, while Murdoch owns and controls everything else - dunno really.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

There was a massive article in the Sydney Morning Herald today all about Rinehart, her upbringing, her background, politics, everything. I was thinking if she's going to take over the media she should at least try to be subtle about it.

The thing that's concerning about Rinehart's acquisition that doesn't really apply to Murdoch is that while Murdoch is a media baron Rinehart's a mining magnate. Rinehart is fact is very critical of the media, she doesn't much like it. So why would she invest heavily in Fairfax if it wasn't a bid to control the media? I think she's not much of a public relations minded person and because she could never engage in the media in a way that would benefit her she has simply taken the other option and bought it. It's pretty much certain that she's going to use her control to get Fairfax to advocate for political and economic change that will ultimately benefit her.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
That Murdoch has been in media for a while doesn't matter, he's in it to control it and take advantage of the power and money it gives him - not because he believes in the value of a free press.

If Rinehart screws up Fairfax it'll be seen as a mouth-piece like the Murdoch press and lose any relevance, no big deal.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney

Ty wrote:

It's pretty much certain that she's going to use her control to get Fairfax to advocate for political and economic change that will ultimately benefit her.
It's obvious this is her agenda. People like Gina and Clive should have no business involving themselves in politics as it diminishes our democracy.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Gina already has used her influence, you can thank her for placing Andrew Bolt on channel 10 with his own tv show.

She's vile bitch.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
'Media Barons' have done this for centuries.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard